Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Misty Lee loveable comedian intro

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
Hi! I adopted Misty Lee 6 months ago (she turned 1 last month) knowing very little about the breed, and have become completely besotted. I’ve lurked on this forum for info a lot so decided to start contributing now I know a bit from experience with Misty. Here are some pictures of the hilarious dilute black tortie Misty...
sleeping with head between hind legs, getting some morning sun, yawning, and being beautiful.
635B83D6-4DB9-4E2E-BCEB-5CAA7147BDB6.jpeg

FB027FBD-6BD2-4569-9E08-55B5E2787210.jpeg
E0846BE2-3A19-4886-BF1E-3AAEB59711DE.png
CF74C1A3-8476-4BD2-A214-78AAA2958B92.jpeg

Natalie Murphy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She is beautiful. Love her sleeping position. Welcome. This group is amazing I have no idea how I would of coped without them. I have read every available article since 2011 So much info it was amazing to see how they help each other.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
Tell us a story about what makes Misty a comedian?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need
Misty cracks so many jokes she needs her own standup segment on Comedy Central. She loves making people laugh and being the centre of attention. Whether it be jumping around with an arched back like a jester, somersaulting into a body slam, digging on every surface *just in case* she might open a secret portal, trying to break into the sugar jar for the sake of it, climbing up onto the top of a door so she can do a surprise jump onto nearby shoulders, hiding behind something and jumping out to scare a passerby like a Jack in the box, dragging full vacuum cleaner bags (bigger than her) out of the rubbish bin and into one of her Sphynx lairs — she is endlessly coming up with pranks and jokes! Some pet owners might consider this behaviour to be naughty, but we find it absolutely hilarious.

Natalie Murphy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I love her. What a treasure you have. She shall be keeping you on your toes for the next decade and hopefully more. Please continue sharing with us. This is has replaced my Facebook as it has more plus sessions than any other social network

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
@pussiette it was not a super dramatic situation but it definitely has had a happy ending so far! Her previous owner had to give her up for a number of reasons. My partner saw a post about Misty by total fluke—we were living in a very small, remote city where you would not expect to see a Sphynx! I had been fostering and didn’t think I could commit to adopting…but when we saw Misty we decided it was something we really wanted to do. We did a meet and greet and fell in love instantly. Neither of us had seen a Sphynx before. She was 9 months old when we took her in and she was a ball of kitten energy. She purred very loudly on the ride home. It took her a good 2 months to become comfortable with sitting on our laps and cuddling, but now she is as besotted with us as we are with her.

Rachlp

Lairian
Hi @Misty Lee 123

Welcome, I too am new to being owned by a sphynx and had to laugh at Misty Lee, I hope our little Donald shows us some magic tricks.

Having been a pedigree registrar for a cat association back in Australia and with my research into cat genetics and speaking to various breeders and cat judges I learnt that the gene that makes a cat red or the dilute version being cream has a bigger personality and is more cheeky and I did not think that was possible, but in meeting many other breeders and their cats and many different breeds etc I can honestly say they are much cheekier and are more dare devils than other colours. Hence I was particular in ensuring that Donald was red or cream point.

If you have any videos or YouTube videos, please let me know, I would love to see Misty Lee in action.

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
@Rachlp thats very interesting about the genetics. I wonder if it applies to dilute torties (I don’t understand much about the genetics tbh). Misty is such a clown. I have many videos, too many, but here is a personal fav.

Attachments

• IMG_9857.MOV
    32.8 MB · Views: 1

Rachlp

Lairian
@Misty Lee 123 what an absolute character carrying around things that are bigger than her ha ha, wow I’m not use to seeing a 1 year old, she is absolutely stunning and so big, Donald is just about to turn 6 months and is tiny in comparison, I’ll send you a pic next to my hand so you can see lol..

About Misty Lee’s genetics, Yes she still has the red gene as that’s what gives her red or cream colouring and then there is a separate gene that dilutes the colour making her into a dilute black tortie or as we say in Australia a blue tortie (as blue is the dilute version of black/seal) but looking at the video and her nose and paw pads she seems very dark in colouring to me and I’d almost think she is a black tortie not a dilute tortie as I really couldn’t see any blue colouring but of course it’s hard she may just look darker in pics but and having no hair doesn’t help much either but either way she seems to have bought so much joy into your hearts.

I can confess that Donald today has started a new behaviour, he know follows me round and thinks it’s great fun to climb and just hang off me as I walk around oops, probably not the best behaviour but so hard to tell him off at the same time lol..

Here is a pic of little Donald - and sorry I don’t mean to hi jack your introduction, happy to keep chatting privately if you prefer

Attachments

• 4D43316F-EFE4-4C58-8407-A20284C5AAE0.jpeg
    4D43316F-EFE4-4C58-8407-A20284C5AAE0.jpeg
    178.9 KB · Views: 8

Misty Lee 123

Lairian
@Rachlp I love the photo of your gorgeous boy! Misty does the same thing of clinging, the only reason I stop her is because it wrecks our pants! I think I told you elsewhere, I love Donald’s whiskers. We never got to see misty at any other size! Maybe she is a black tortie, I really don’t know, but the reason I thought she was dilute is because when we moved to a cold climate she suddenly grew fur on her tail, and the dark parts are very pale, not black but grey (or ‘blue’ perhaps)!