Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mo & Lola may need new UK home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:Cry: Unfortunately I may need to rehome my beloved cats. As many of you know I am now 5months pregnant and my partner has left me. I can't afford to keep the cats and give them the care and attention they need and deserve once the baby is born. I will have to move out of my home and move back to my Mums for support when the baby is born and would hate to neglet the cats. I am also struggling financialy. I will only rehome the cats if I can be sure they won't be seperated and that they will be loved and well cared for in a new home and that the new owner will stay in touch so I know everything is fine. If anyone can help please PM me with some details. But I have an awful lot of thinking to do they could only go to the right person/people. Sam XX

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know I would be heartbroken to see them leave, I don't want to think about it, I'm crying as I'm writing this but I just want the best for my cats. Mo has IBS and is quite noisey! But I guess if someone knows all about the sphynx breed and details of Mos health issues then they would be prepared to take him on and give him the attention he needs! Lola is easy to have around, you don't know you have her!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
OMG! I am so so sorry for you having to consider this. Having a baby alone is hard, and my heart goes out to you. I know you have the cats best interest at heart. Whatever you decide to do we support you.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
If I was closer I'd help in a heartbeat! I'm crying for you! I've had to rehome 3 of my long time loved kitties in my past, I had them all since they day they were born and the day I had to part with them was heart breaking. I literally fell to my knees and sobbed, its hard to give up the ones we love. Its a long story and just a mangeled mess of unfortunate events for me this past year but I know my babies are in a good loving home and I did what I had to do for them. I truely feel your pain and I hope everything works out for the best. *HUGS*

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Oh Sam I am so sorry! I know this must be so hard on you, but you are doing everything for your new baby. That is great mum is going to help you out.
Look at Deejay our new addition, he is almost 9 years old but his family had to do what was right for them even though it was very hard for them, we know have Deejay and are giving him a loving home forever!
I wish you lived closer we could all pitch in. best of luck to you during this hard time and remember we are here for you!

J

Jinxlover

I'm so sorry Sam, It is so hard to do the right thing for our loved ones. Just know if you have to rehome them, that you did it out of love. You will be in my thoughts...

My heart breaks for you. I know it is a very difficult decision to make but whatever you decided, you are doing it out of love for your babies and that makes you a very good Sphynx Momma! Sending positive thoughts your way and Gable and Amaryllis send big Sphynx hugs!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no, Sam, so sorry to hear that things haven't worked out with you and your partner, which has led to this...having to find new homes for your kitty babies.:Sad: However, even when things seem really bad, they have a way of working out for the best. I hope that you'll be able to find a great, loving home for your cats and that you and your soon-to-be-born baby will be able to look forward to a happy new life together. I will keep you and yours in my prayers....:Smile:

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Sam...how heartbreaking for you! As difficult as this decision is you are putting the baby first and that is the trademark of a good mum. Try to keep your spirits up and I hope you can feel all this love winging across the pond.

nbolin

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh no!!! That is such awful news! I wish I was closer so I could come over there and hug you and cry with you :( As unfortunate as they may be, things do happen for a reason, and it may be a while before we figure out that reason. As for this coward that left you...all I have to say is Karma is a beotch!!

About your kitties....how do you feel about flying them to New England? My mom who lives in Connecticut, just had to put her 15 year old ****er Spaniel down because she was just so old, she was blind, deaf, and couldn't hold her bowels in anymore :( So i've been talking with her, and she has been wanting a Sphynx, but can't really afford the 1200-1500 or so for a kitten. With your o.k. first, I could ask my mom if she would want them? She has a one year old longhaired black and white cat, that when I was up there played with Kreacher 24/7. Also I would be able to get you as many updates, and pics you would want, and my Mom would have me to help her out with the more Sphynx specific things like the IBS. And I make sure to tell her they would have to stay together. And i can vouch that they would be severely spoiled:ThumbsUp:

Don't feel bad if you pass, I won't take it personally. I totally uunderstand if you want to be able to visit them from time to time too. I would be the same way. Maybe this could be a last resort or something.

Anyways, please take care, I am praying for you, you will be a wonderful mommy! On the plus side...you will have a beautiful baby soon :)

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh no!!! That is such awful news! I wish I was closer so I could come over there and hug you and cry with you :( As unfortunate as they may be, things do happen for a reason, and it may be a while before we figure out that reason. As for this coward that left you...all I have to say is Karma is a beotch!!

About your kitties....how do you feel about flying them to New England? My mom who lives in Connecticut, just had to put her 15 year old ****er Spaniel down because she was just so old, she was blind, deaf, and couldn't hold her bowels in anymore :( So i've been talking with her, and she has been wanting a Sphynx, but can't really afford the 1200-1500 or so for a kitten. With your o.k. first, I could ask my mom if she would want them? She has a one year old longhaired black and white cat, that when I was up there played with Kreacher 24/7. Also I would be able to get you as many updates, and pics you would want, and my Mom would have me to help her out with the more Sphynx specific things like the IBS. And I make sure to tell her they would have to stay together. And i can vouch that they would be severely spoiled:ThumbsUp:

Don't feel bad if you pass, I won't take it personally. I totally uunderstand if you want to be able to visit them from time to time too. I would be the same way. Maybe this could be a last resort or something.

Anyways, please take care, I am praying for you, you will be a wonderful mommy! On the plus side...you will have a beautiful baby soon :)

Hi that would be great if she was closer, I just don't think it would be fair to have them travel so far, I'm not sure about the quaranteen and things like that. I don't think they would cope very well with that and I'd be a nervous wreck!! But if it wasn't so far that would be brilliant. I will definately think about it, but if they were in the UK I guess I would still be able to make the odd visit to see them which would be better for me. I appreciate your kindness though. I will see if anything closer to home crops up and take things from there. I have a little time yet.

As for my partner, I can't believe how he's let us all down when we loved him to bits, but I just hope I'll get stronger in time. I am thankful to have a good loving family around me right now. Thanks for your kind words and for trying to find a way to help me. I do appreciate that a lot. xxx

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
As for my partner, I can't believe how he's let us all down when we loved him to bits, but I just hope I'll get stronger in time. I am thankful to have a good loving family around me right now. Thanks for your kind words and for trying to find a way to help me. I do appreciate that a lot. xxx

Maybe one day he will realize how much he was loved and will be disappointed in himself for letting you down. Most of life's lessons are not easy.

I am so glad that you have the love and support of your family. You deserve to be cared for. Perhaps Mo and Lola are here to remind you of that and what a good mom you will be to the baby.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey Sam, just catching up on this. I'm very sorry you are going through a tough time right now. I wish I could help in some way. Let me know if I can do anything. I wish you were closer! I believe everything will work out- it always does. Sending prayers your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back