Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mom's Rainy cat prayers please

Yoda mom

Staff member
Please keep my mom's adopted "Rainy " Siamese kitty in your thoughts-
We have a vet appointment tomorrow -
Rainy is about 10 yrs old ( older than what they said when adopted )
She is acting off for a couple of days , hiding , Eating less ,but drinks the normal amount of water -
(Not tenting with Tugor skin test -)

Rainy is her only pet , indoor only kitty -
My mom had some health issues past couple of months and now this :(
I am going with her to the vet - and preparing to help out with home SubQ fluids etc-

My mom is very upset bcz this cat is all she has after her husband passed -
My mom has upcoming follow up appoints from her own TIA stroke amd now her kitty is ill

I have my suspicions of what is going on with Rainy and keeping all paws crossed

Any thoughts of what it may be to ask the vet (besides the things I will ask to rule out) ?
At a minimum I told my mom she needs blood tests and an oral exam

10 yrs old , indoor only , only pet
Not eating well - to not at all today
, drinking water normally no more no less, some weight loss over few weeks
No vomiting, no poo issues , no sneezing , no coughing

(I worry because she lets in and out of her house an obviously indoor kitty that was left behind after people moved - he has been around for two years and I have taken him for vaccines in the past
A big Russian blue like boy with no outward signs of illness at all - but does come in and eat Rainys food amd play with her
I told my mom from the beginning it is not a good idea to let him in and out because of other cats he is probably in contact with unknown vaccines etc

I am worried for Rsiny and my Mom- she is very upset :(

Paws in prayer and suggestions appreciated
I tried to tell her about the glop recipe amd the clear unflavored pedialyte

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Please keep my mom's adopted "Rainy " Siamese kitty in your thoughts-
We have a vet appointment tomorrow -
Rainy is about 10 yrs old ( older than what they said when adopted )
She is acting off for a couple of days , hiding , Eating less ,but drinks the normal amount of water -
(Not tenting with Tugor skin test -)

Rainy is her only pet , indoor only kitty -
My mom had some health issues past couple of months and now this :(
I am going with her to the vet - and preparing to help out with home SubQ fluids etc-

My mom is very upset bcz this cat is all she has after her husband passed -
My mom has upcoming follow up appoints from her own TIA stroke amd now her kitty is ill

I have my suspicions of what is going on with Rainy and keeping all paws crossed

Any thoughts of what it may be to ask the vet (besides the things I will ask to rule out) ?
At a minimum I told my mom she needs blood tests and an oral exam

10 yrs old , indoor only , only pet
Not eating well - to not at all today
, drinking water normally no more no less, some weight loss over few weeks
No vomiting, no poo issues , no sneezing , no coughing

(I worry because she lets in and out of her house an obviously indoor kitty that was left behind after people moved - he has been around for two years and I have taken him for vaccines in the past
A big Russian blue like boy with no outward signs of illness at all - but does come in and eat Rainys food amd play with her
I told my mom from the beginning it is not a good idea to let him in and out because of other cats he is probably in contact with unknown vaccines etc

I am worried for Rsiny and my Mom- she is very upset :(

Paws in prayer and suggestions appreciated
I tried to tell her about the glop recipe amd the clear unflavored pedialyte

@Yoda mom, oooh, I'm so sorry to hear that Rainy isn't feeling well and especially after what your mom has recently been through. I feel so bad. :(

I will be keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers and I want to hear some good promising news after the vet visit.

HUGS to you all. :)

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Keeping you, your mom and Rainy in our thoughts.
I am sorry I don't have any input on what it might be.
But we will be thinking of you all during your vet visit tomorrow, and hoping for good news.
Sending hugs your way! <3

-Morgan

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Lair Prayers are sent. I assume as well subcutaneous fluids will be given and blood work done. Is Rainy showing any signs of nausea? Like lapping of tongue or odd swallowing movements? Record any odd activities and share with vet. We have had this happen a couple of times and fluids and anti-nausea meds have helped....please update us.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , thank you for your thoughts and checking in on us .
We just got home from the vet visit :(

After many tests today and X-rays - Rainy has a fist size mass on her stomach .:(
her kidneys are the size of my fist :( and in end of life stages :(

They give her subQ fluids and b12 shot , my mom wanted to take her home to spend a quiet night together of cuddles.
I took home the subQ fluid to administer amd had a long heartfelt talk with my mom-
We saw the other vet at the office today. My mom wanted to wait till Momday when our regular vet to share the journey to the bridge .

We talked a long time , cried and shared hugs. We talked sbout how I came across Rainy needing a hone from a Pawn shop employee where I served papers Several years ago.

Rainy finally knew the love and care she deserved because my mom adopted her and gave her the best life. Rainy knows true love because of her life with my mom.

To say goodbye on a good day , and better a day too early than a day to late is truly the deepest selfless gift of love of compassion and dignity.

We talked about holding on for my moms sake and what a Rainy would say if she could only speak .
To be their voice when they cannot speak and to listen with our hearts with each purr as we hold them in our arms ..is the hardest pill to swallow. We take the pain so they don't have to.

I told my mom as Patti @Catzzzmeow , has told me .. "She only knows your love "

Tomorrow I will go with my Mom and Rainy to share butterfly kisses and give her wings to fly pain free and whole to the bridge ... Where I know all our lair family angel babies will be waiting on the other side ...to welcome Rainy
And fly free high and whole sharing stories of all they love they knew in this world.

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I am so sorry to hear of this news.
Sending many hugs to all of you, my heart is with you during this tough time.
She will be welcomed into rainbow bridge with open arms, and will be pain free.
So hard to go through this, but so nice that you shared some moments with each other today.

Lots of love,
Morgan

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel , thank you for your thoughts and checking in on us .
We just got home from the vet visit :(

After many tests today and X-rays - Rainy has a fist size mass on her stomach .:(
her kidneys are the size of my fist :( and in end of life stages :(

They give her subQ fluids and b12 shot , my mom wanted to take her home to spend a quiet night together of cuddles.
I took home the subQ fluid to administer amd had a long heartfelt talk with my mom-
We saw the other vet at the office today. My mom wanted to wait till Momday when our regular vet to share the journey to the bridge .

We talked a long time , cried and shared hugs. We talked sbout how I came across Rainy needing a hone from a Pawn shop employee where I served papers Several years ago.

Rainy finally knew the love and care she deserved because my mom adopted her and gave her the best life. Rainy knows true love because of her life with my mom.

To say goodbye on a good day , and better a day too early than a day to late is truly the deepest selfless gift of love of compassion and dignity.

We talked about holding on for my moms sake and what a Rainy would say if she could only speak .
To be their voice when they cannot speak and to listen with our hearts with each purr as we hold them in our arms ..is the hardest pill to swallow. We take the pain so they don't have to.

I told my mom as Patti @Catzzzmeow , has told me .. "She only knows your love "

Tomorrow I will go with my Mom and Rainy to share butterfly kisses and give her wings to fly pain free and whole to the bridge ... Where I know all our lair family angel babies will be waiting on the other side ...to welcome Rainy
And fly free high and whole sharing stories of all they love they knew in this world.

@Yoda mom sensitive me is sitting here crying my eyes out! Please give your mom and Rainy a gentle hug from me. Hugs to you as well, of course. So sad. This is not the news I wanted to read. :(

Do you think it would help your mom to get her another kitty really soon? Of course, I don't know your mom, but from what I do know about her, I'm just worried as her health isn't great and with this terrible stress, I'm concerned. I know she needs some time to grieve, but I'd like to hear about her being happy and cuddling a new kitty sooner than later.

Again, hugs to all of you. I'm so terribly sorry.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@GoldHazel , these fragile moments of the journey always make me feel the scars that still remain with each moment of butterfly kisses shared with my babies over the years..

Thank you beyond words for your thoughts for my mom who as you know has been through so much .....and is in the midst of her own health challenges ( upcoming appointments )

She made it very clear no more kitties ... her heart and health can't take the heart break...
I wish my hugs could take her pain away but I know it can't :(

I am going to my moms early tomorrow to spend time with her amd Rainy ..and will give a gentle hug from you...
Thank you to all

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@GoldHazel , these fragile moments of the journey always make me feel the scars that still remain with each moment of butterfly kisses shared with my babies over the years..

Thank you beyond words for your thoughts for my mom who as you know has been through so much .....and is in the midst of her own health challenges ( upcoming appointments )

She made it very clear no more kitties ... her heart and health can't take the heart break...
I wish my hugs could take her pain away but I know it can't :(

I am going to my moms early tomorrow to spend time with her amd Rainy ..and will give a gentle hug from you...
Thank you to all

@Yoda mom, yes, I too go through all the moments of my journey with the pets I'm about to lose or lost. All the love, all the work, all the ups and downs, but mostly all the love we shared.

I hope your mom is just feeling this way at the moment about no more kitties. It would be so beneficial for her health and well-being to care for and love again. Carrying around a broken heart isn't good for anyone's health, let alone your mom's health. I hope time will help her broken heart.

Much love to you, your mom and Rainy now.

Always,
Robin

Yoda mom

Staff member
Rainey has her angel wings surrounded by love with a peaceful crossing to the bridge today
Rest in Peace good girl ..fly free high and whole with all our lair babies
we miss you forever

Yoda mom

Staff member
Rest in Peace Rainey girl
You touched our hearts forever
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@Yoda mom
I'm so sorry for your loss. Bless your Mom and you.
Why does it have to be so hard, so heartbreaking?
That's Love.... Better to love and loose, than, never have had loved
or been loved.
Such Beautiful cat Rainy was.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh, my dear. I am so sorry. Deep condolences and healing heart vibes for you and your Mom. Big hugs. Rainy is beautiful, and lived a full life of love. Hugs you some more.

Back