Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

More Sad HCM news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My friends husband found her sphynx dead today from they believe to be HCM.
Her last scan was clear.
This is so unfair.
She has asked me to keep it confidential until she is ready to post on the sphynx lists in a few days.
She is very upset and is not a member of this site.
We were talking on the phone when her husband told her to hang up.
Then she wrote me and told me what happened.
I can not stop crying either.

Brooke

Banned
Jacky, please tell your friend I'm so sorry. I hope her cat left peacefully and painlessly.

When was the last scan done?
You would be shocked to see how much Nelson's heart has changed in just 4 months since he was scanned in November.

TanyaT

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Jacky please tell your friend I am so sorry for her loss!!It saddens me that these things progress so fast!!!!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
I will tell her.
She is not online right because she is crying so much and she cant talk.
She will tell me more later on.
I was just talking to her on the phone about HCM scans today.
She was happy because her other cats tested neg a few weeks ago.
She will post on the breeders list when she is ready.
Brooke it is so cleo to the day you lost Harold.
It seems everything dies in March.

susi794

Staff member
Please convey to your friend our heartfelt condolences. This all just makes me sick.

Cathie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Tell her how sorry I am. It will not help the pain, but maybe make her feel just a little better knowing how many people care.

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
How heartbreaking. Tell her we are sorry for her loss and if she wants to talk about it in a non-judgemental, friendly environment she can come here.

firehillqueen

Banned
My heart goes out to her. I just lost my beloved Singe December 28, 2009. My heart still aches for him. I had no idea about HCM until it was too late.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thanks Everyone,
I am sending your posts to my friend.
Her cat was 6 years old.
Fire,Sorry about your cat.
I have invited her to this site before but she never joined.

Sphynx Lover

Lairian
How sad it is:Cry:i know exactly what your friend is going through,i just lost my little angel Aladin,all my prayers and tears are with your friend.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh M2M what a sad, sad, day for your friend. Please tell her how sorry I am and am praying for comfort and peace for her.

lemmysmommy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I am so sorry to hear of this news.....it seems like HCM just won't stop. It makes me sick to think about all these precious babies dying. I am so scared that Lemmy will have it. I have tried to contact the breeder to see if she scanned her cats, but she won't e-mail me back. I guess this means NO!! I wish that I had known about this site before I had bought Lemmy, maybe then I would have known a little more about what to look for in a breeder/kitten.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hi Everyone,
My friend knew there was HCM in her lines but did not expect this to happen today.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Here is what Diana has to say.
This has been posted on the breeders list also.
Dear Friends and family:

With a broken heart I tell you all of the death of my darling sphynx Liza. We discovered her dead and cold on the floor Saturday. I suspect HCM, it is in her pedigree. She never had kittens, she was shown as an alter.

Liza was my darling little girl and I loved her more than I can tell you. In 2006 I started showing her. In 2007 she was the 19th Best Premier in our Region 2 of CFA. And she was the 2nd Best Sphynx Premier in CFA that year. I was so delighted at her wins I walked on air. We had a great year. She would consent to riding in her carrier until we got to the car and I put my seat belt on. Then she wanted out and she would nap in her bed under a blanket all the way home.

Liza and I spent lots of time travelling that year. and she seemed to enjoy her time just with me.

She would have been 6 the end of this month and I was looking forward to showing her as a Veteran next year when she turned 7.

She scanned clear for HCM in 2007. I was planning to have her rescanned before the end of the year, hoping she could contribute to the ongoing HCM research by Dr. Meurs at WSU, Pullman, Wa. Now she will contribute with a necropsy.

Please please please scan your cats. This was totally unexpected. She was fine, nothing out of the ordinary. On Thursday I spent a day resting a lot and she snuggled and cuddled a lot with me. I choose to think she was saying goodbye. When she didn't show up for her breakfast we went looking for her. Most of the time she slept with us, but sometimes she slept in her little Barbie tent downstairs.

It hurts soooo much and you all know what I mean. Please do everything you can to aid in HCM research. I will be ok but not just now. I know it won't always hurt this

gizmo6370

Banned
M2m do you know the pedigree name of Liza ? and could you pm it to me....i'm trying to keep track of the hcm lines.....

Brooke

Banned
M2m do you know the pedigree name of Liza ? and could you pm it to me....i'm trying to keep track of the hcm lines.....

Jacky, Could you PM me as well? She might post it on the breeder list. I just saw a photo of Liza online, she was a beautiful girl. So sad. :Cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back