Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

More $ wasted!

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
We have wasted a lot of $ on Toys they don't play with.... a crappy litter box that didn't work (although I sold the replacement so we broke even), a water dish that died within a year... got the new drinkwell 360...Awesome, works great no complaints....

EXCEPT; after the cats watching the dogs drink from the toilet.... now they do it! :Hysterical: They look like monkeys hanging when they do it, the dogs look like they are vomiting when they do it!:Hysterical:
This has to be the strangest house in the universe!

susi794

Staff member
We have wasted a lot of $ on Toys they don't play with.... a crappy litter box that didn't work (although I sold the replacement so we broke even), a water dish that died within a year... got the new drinkwell 360...Awesome, works great no complaints....

EXCEPT; after the cats watching the dogs drink from the toilet.... now they do it! :Hysterical: They look like monkeys hanging when they do it, the dogs look like they are vomiting when they do it!:Hysterical:
This has to be the strangest house in the universe!

My Dalmatian drinks out of the toilet, so about half my cats do it too.:Dizzy:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My Dalmatian drinks out of the toilet, so about half my cats do it too.:Dizzy:

We were good for a while... long while... then Newmie discovered he LOVED the bathroom while obviously observing the dogs drinking from the toilet... then the trickle down effect to Kramer doing it too! OH WELL!

Maggies mommy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Be careful it's bad for animals to drink out of the potty because of the chemicals. I make sure every 1 in the house puts the potty seat down cause i'm scared

Brooke

Banned
Be careful it's bad for animals to drink out of the potty because of the chemicals. I make sure every 1 in the house puts the potty seat down cause i'm scared

Me too! I had to get a new heavy seat on the toilet because my dog could lift the seat up to drink out of it. It was hilarious to walk in on him with his head in the bowl and the seat sitting on top of his head..:LOL: (He wasn't strong enough to lift the heavy seat, though!)

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian

We don't use chemicals in our toilets & they are cleaned 3x a week. Ironically I have to remind everyone that comes out to put the seat up!:LOL:

Olemam

Lairian
At times I had a cat trying to drink from the toilet and is then merely like, even himself came out again, but since then no more.

harley

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Dizzy::Surprise:Mine have yet to figure this out so, I am the lucky one so far..But they do like playing in the bath room so I figure it is just a matter of time...:Wink:

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Dizzy::Surprise:Mine have yet to figure this out so, I am the lucky one so far..But they do like playing in the bath room so I figure it is just a matter of time...:Wink:

Well the dogs MUST drink from the toilet b/c they are such sloppy drinkers that they would ruin the wood floors! Newman has fallen in a few times but we also caught Kramer pushing him in too!

Maximus

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Scrotie fell in when he was little and than came out of the bathroom, all wet, trying to play it off lol

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL: I love how cats do dumb things and then are like "I meant to do that!" LOL
I close the door to the bathroom because i am scared that Abby will fall in and drown!! I am a paranoid mommy...
:Sweat:

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My bengal has this OBSSESSION with the bathroom and water! If someone goes in there she goes running to go in with them! I've never known a cat like it. She loves water. She gets in the bath (When water is in it or not). She gets in the sink and the toilet when given any slight opportunity! I have caught Mo with his head down the loo a few times too!

sPhYnxMoMmie

Lairian
Oh my cats love to drink out of the toliet! The bathroom is their Fav place..i think because it is soo warm in there! They will have a full fresh bowl of water but still go in the toliet! I make sure to clean it a few times a week and also use no chemicals! They will stand with their back feet on the seat and front feet just above the water in the bowl. It is definately a funny site to see.

~Sherry~

kerrie78

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Kram & Newm will SCREAM at the door if i take a bath because they want to sit in the tub BUT hate baths????? :Surprise: idk!

Brooke

Banned
Kram & Newm will SCREAM at the door if i take a bath because they want to sit in the tub BUT hate baths????? :Surprise: idk!

Same here!! :LOL: I have to leave the door open whenever I go in the bathroom or Walter and Nelson are on the other side of the door screaming and pawing at the handle and scratching at the door!

Back