Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Mothers Day Surprise !!!

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just got totally confused. Mother's Day here in the US is in May...lol. I had no idea you celebrate differently. Happy Mothers Day! Time for many to strategically hide the toxic flowers from our hairless babies...lol.

Patti
I thought it was the same day everywhere aswell !!! I learn something new every day, happy UK mothers day today & we'll celebrate again in May :) xxx

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thought it was the same day everywhere aswell !!! I learn something new every day, happy UK mothers day today & we'll celebrate again in May :) xxx
Patti, are Tulips dangerous to Blue ???, that never even entered my mind xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
Love the picture! Happy mums day !
Phew, I double checked my calendar here in the US !
Learn something new everyday!

** I googled and tulips are toxic to kitties
It mentions the bulb being toxic but I would err on the side of caution

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@BluesMummy Tulips - The toxic portion of this plant is the actual bulb, which can cause drooling, central nervous system depression, gastrointestinal irritation, cardiac issues and convulsions.

I read elsewhere that in general tulips are mild to moderately toxic. When in doubt get hiding them ...lol.

Patti

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Love the picture! Happy mums day !
Phew, I double checked my calendar here in the US !
Learn something new everyday!

** I googled and tulips are toxic to kitties
It mentions the bulb being toxic but I would err on the side of caution
Ohhh no :( thankyou for taking the time to google it, looks like i'll have to re-think where to put them xxx

BluesMummy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@BluesMummy Tulips - The toxic portion of this plant is the actual bulb, which can cause drooling, central nervous system depression, gastrointestinal irritation, cardiac issues and convulsions.

I read elsewhere that in general tulips are mild to moderately toxic. When in doubt get hiding them ...lol.

Patti
Im thinking now where to put them, if all else fails i'll put them in my sisters front window, she lives directly facing me so i can still see them :) xxx

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I thought everybody celebrated Mothers Day on the same day. I was afraid I had forgotten my mom. Love your card. That was so sweet. Have a Happy Mothers Day!

Jebsmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Happy Mother's Day to all you UK girls!! Love the picture ,so sweet :)

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Aww, so sweet of her to do that. Looks like Blue is loving his present to you as well! What a great picture.,

Jen