Mousse v pate

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Health & Nutrition' started by Anita Eccleston, Jun 26, 2018.

1. Anita Eccleston

Anita EcclestonV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $18,936.19
    Ratings:
    +1,564
    • Pink Sphynx
    • Lady bug
    • butterfly 4
    Good morning campers !!
    ( a saying from a sitcom that was on English tv many many moons ago , Hi de Hi it was called it was silly but funny )
    There I go again digressing ah ha
    As you know I’ve been trying to find food that my two little angels enjoy , as they are too lazy to chew ah well unless it’s a treat !
    They have even stopped liking the mashed up whiska’s jelly and gravy
    I tried a wet food called “ Felix “ had to mash this up as well but I thought it softer little chunks .. but no they left as much as they did the whiska’s ( being hot weather here I couldn’t risk the food turning and making them sick so I had to throw away actually more than they ate )
    So I purchased these below
    F7D382E4-2525-41EC-B749-F8045A1DDF35.jpeg

97D04758-24FB-453E-81A8-990960E5C1F9.jpeg

I have opened only 1 at a time and shared it between them ! But guzzle guts Bagins tends to finish off what Cleo leaves ( she isn’t greedy at all very lady like with her eating habits )
    The mousse is 84 kcal a tin which is 85g
    Costing 38p
    The pate is 90 kcal per 100g tray again I shared a tray to try avoid waste ( not sure price of the tray )
    It says 3-4 trays / cans per kitty per day
    Which is around what I was feeding them from the sachets of whiska’s
    I need to check the actually meat content
    Price doesn’t matter so long as they eat it and it does them good , I know I read the can mousse as cereals in it ! Am I right to believe our kitties shouldn’t have cereals in their food ? But the tray pate doesn’t have any cereals at all in it , is the tray pate perhaps better ?
    Xxxx❤️❤️❤️ Have a great day guys it’s sun shining here in the normally rainy UK ah ha
    The sun as got its hat on hip hip hip hurray the sun as got its hat on and it’s coming out to play xxxx❤️❤️❤️

• Happy Happy x 2
    • Hugs Hugs x 1

• Anita Eccleston

Sphynx Bucks:
      $18,936.19
      Ratings:
      +1,564
      • Pink Sphynx
      • Lady bug
      • butterfly 4
      Ps guys there is a lady down the road from me about four doors away !
      The children in the neighbour hood call her the cat lady ( that will be me in years to come lol )
      The lady takes in stray cats and looks after them very well , she even gets most of the strays fixed when she as had them a while and no one claims them , myself and a few others try to help her out
      She is loving the fact that my two are so fussy as I send her all the sachets of food from the mixed boxes that my two don’t like , they don’t like duck or salmon at all so I save them and send her the sachets down every few weeks , I’ve send the whole box of 40 minus 4 of the Felix as they really didn’t like it .. I feel so ignorant as I cannot spell her name each time I try it says no match found ah ha I shall ask my Claire bear later !
      Any way she says her kitty’s cannot afford to be fussy ! Ooooops did she mean we over indulge our naked babies ?
      But last count I know of she had 19 in her care
      Before I go funny story , before I got my two I always had the window wide open being as I don’t go out ,
      One day I heard her shouting I swear to you if I had been that kitty I would have been scared half to death and never ever would I do the deed again .. she shouted
      TOM TOM FOR GOODNESS SAKE WHY ON EARTH DO WE HAVE SO MANY LITTER TRAYS IN THIS HOUSE ! IT IS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR YOU TO
      SH** ( don’t like that word ) ALL OVER MY FLOOR YOU DIRTY BOY NOW DO YOU WANT TO GO BACK OUT THAT DOOR ... I was on the floor laughing cause in as much as she was ranting and making me feel afraid I imagined the culprit Tom sat there just grooming himself or looking into space thinking gee whiz I want whatever she as been on ah ha
      My hubby says she is a nice lady but a tad eccentric , he also pointed out that in as much as she speaks to her brood as she would humans that I also speak to and about my two in the same way ( I don’t ever shout at them but use a stern voice when Bagins is being naughty)
      Well guys I did want to share that funny tale with you , and I have taken over my own thread ah ha
      Xxxx❤️❤️❤️
      It’s a good job most of you are used to me by now ( I’m I eccentric ah ha being shut up in the house all the while )

• LOL LOL x 4
      • carakitty

carakittyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
        $3,739.54
        Ratings:
        +420
        • Blue Sphynx
        • Bumble Bee
        • Hamster
        • Pig
        Did your naKids decide which of the foods they prefer?

IF you're still debating I would advise to compare the ingredients and go for the one with a better list.

Cereal (or grain) free can be a bit of a debate. For all of our carnivorous creatures, we go as grain free as possible. Deffo for the cats because they are obligate carnivores. The only grain they get is with their treats but the last batch I bought was grain free too. We always make sure that the grains, if they are included, are further down on the list. Avoiding un-named meats and any sort of by-products is a good thing to try for when choosing food too.

Hope you'll chime in to give an update on your food sage

And someday us crazy cat ladies will rule the world, yelling about poop and everything else! :ROFLMAO:

• Anita Eccleston

Sphynx Bucks:
        $18,936.19
        Ratings:
        +1,564
        • Pink Sphynx
        • Lady bug
        • butterfly 4
        Hello and thank you so very much for your reply I really really do appreciate it !
        I did like the pate and so did my two little ones , ( not that I tried it personally lol )
        I don’t know what it was but my Cleo was really losing weight ! So much so she went for a well being check up with our vet , he said she was in fine feckle and a Bonny wee girl ( the guy is Scottish and wee means small ) he said they would never go hungry but I was right to take her in . Our little ginger ninja Bagins went along more for support , but had his ears checked lol
        Now back to the question !!
        I have put them back on the whiska’s as Cleo was a little chubby Lubby , better the food you know lol . The weather is still quite hot here I’ve purchased little summer beds for them and put fans around the place my hubby bless him as made a grill for the window so as I can have fresh air and it’s great but I look like I am in prison ah ha ha
        We are away at the minuet at our holiday place in the lakes
        Again thank you for taking the time to reply . It’s always nice to get help when you need it ❤️❤️❤️Xxx

• Anita Eccleston

Sphynx Bucks:
        $18,936.19
        Ratings:
        +1,564
        • Pink Sphynx
        • Lady bug
        • butterfly 4
        Ps I did check the grain and cereal in the foods the mouse was of no value what so ever I was really shocked by the ingredients , the pate had 14% chicken or beef but the down side was they were all adult food and Bagins still needs his kitty food as he isn’t 1 yet
        Xxx❤️❤️❤️