Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Movie Alert

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
My 12 year old just came running to me to say she saw a "Tanker cat" :Wink: in a movie trailer. Apparently the villain in the upcoming movie, "Cat and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore" is a Sphynx.

I'm sure this Sphynx will take the brunt of the jokes and mishaps typical villains go through in kids' movies. It makes me sad that Sphynxes tend to be betrayed as cold, evil and dirty creatures.

Sam lewis

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Someone did a thread about this movie a while back and there was a trailor on the thread. I'm def gona watch the film, but it does annoy me that so many people seem to be portray the sphynx as the 'badies' or as evil. When they are such little sweethearts! I don't know why that is so?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I must have missed it, but now that the release date is weeks away I expect I will see a lot of commercials for it.

On the postive side, Bette Milder is voicing the Sphynx, and there appears to be at least one funny scene that involves the poor thing having to endure wearing a silly bunny suit.

firehillqueen

Banned
Our poor Sphynx are being type classed and breed profiled! Wonder how you combat a movie's impressing to a whole generation? I remember how the movies influenced the popularity of dalmatians, collies, ****ers and several others. And who can forget the *evil* siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp?

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Our poor Sphynx are being type classed and breed profiled! Wonder how you combat a movie's impressing to a whole generation? I remember how the movies influenced the popularity of dalmatians, collies, ****ers and several others. And who can forget the *evil* siamese cats in Lady and the Tramp?

So true! As a child I was convinced that Siamese cats were mean cats that would shred curtains. When I finally met a purebreed Siamese I was so embarrassed that I had fell for the misinformed type-cast information.

Back