Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Moving House

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Dallassummer : good luck! Can't give you tips or advice about moving with sphynx. But can say about moving in general: invite all your friends, give them a box, point them in the right direction and let them carry the box to your new home:)!

Yoda mom

Staff member
:) SOTM must be beaming thinking she has a new palace gift coming for SOTM award!

I put a towel over three sides of their carrier crates for comfort riding in the car- it's calming-
A little comfy cave

I brought same kitty boxes and cat trees set up in comparable places - confined in my bedroom / bath combo the first day- then let them explore - smoooooth transition with lots of zoomies!

Well, almost smooth... I couldn't find Omar da cat thinking he escaped- well he managed to open the sink base cabinet , crawl thru the dishwasher hose hole - amd was sitting between the sink base and dishwasher!
Next day I couldn't find him and he was snoozing on top of the 42" cabinets behind the crown molding and I couldn't see him!

Just watch for their new Fav hangouts in the new place :)

assibassi

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
we moved with our Sphinxes , we moved everything, left blankets at the old house and had some other blankets with their smell on it at the new house waiting for them. I also didn't wash my bedding and hat that waiting for them and then last thing we moved the cats . We still had some boxes and small furniture in old house and most in new house at the time. Road trip of a few miles and then the new house we put them right away on top of the blankets and my bedding in the bedroom. They checked out the house and i had some toys laying around already and they were fine !! They liked the new house i think. Used the letterbox right away too.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Simba, Nala, Fiance, & I are moving house next week! We are all so excited! I know it's going to be different for them! I want to make it as smooth as possible.

Any of you moved before with sphynxes? I would like tips, advice, stories, pictures! I want it all! :)
I would say to make sure there are no "escape" routes for them to get outside.

• Are there screens in all the windows in the house.
  • Do all the exterior doors have screen doors? And do they all function properly, close automatically upon exit.
  • Check cabinets to make sure there all enclosed and not open to interior walls or attics.
  • If there is a basement or attic - are all doors and windows - crawl spaces secure?
  • check for bug traps - mouse traps or poisons (bait bags) from previous owners in cabinets, closets, basements or attics.

Dallassummer

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Great tips admin! Thanks. I didn't think about the bug traps.
Assibassi , I do plan on only bringing them after everything is settled. Great idea about the bedroom part!

Back