Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Multiple cats (not sphynx)+1 new sphynx dry food regiment

Tzaphkiel

Lairian
Hello everyone,

Lovely photos all over the site!!!
I'm so very eager to get my Natsu tomorrow !
2018-01-11-Natsu.png
As you see, I'm getting a new kitten Sphynx (male) of 4 months old tomorrow midday.

As we have dogs and other cats (not sphynx), it is neither easy nor practical to free feed the newcomer.
I was also thinking that dry food would be more practical as I need to travel with the dear fellow.
I live in Belgium and will be travelling frequently to Germany.

What are your recommendations in terms of feeding regiment and transition period from wet to dry?
At the moment, it is with the breeder and receiving a LOT of raw food: beef heart, chicken, raw minced meat, etc.

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy Gotcha day!
So excited for you !

Lots of slow intros amd always recommend a vet visit for a wellness check (you can bring a poo sample to test )
Check your contract .. So,e require a vet visit within so many days

Super excited for you !
As far as food I keep on the same amd do a slooow transition over 10 days to two weeks personally
I keep the kitties free feeding kibble up aways from the dogs who think cat food is the best! Lol

Then I free feed dry kibble (cat and kitten food recipe ) the same food to my crew

Can't wait for gotcha day pics!

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Natsu is home! Natsu looks so happy and content. And very curious to meet his new fur buddy.

Tzaphkiel

Lairian
Natsu is home! Natsu looks so happy and content. And very curious to meet his new fur buddy.
Yes, definitely inquisitive and always purring like a little engine !

Half his home: during the week in a couple of weeks from now, I’ll take it with me to the workplace apartment (5days) then back on weekends at home with his friends cats and dogs. Already got him a nice travel bag and a big (human) sheep and alpaga whool scarf to help keep it warm during transport! I hope the arrangement will work out, he’ll keep me company there!