Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

Murray The Guinea Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
One of my 12 year old's guinea pigs died unexpectedly Friday. Murray was a 5 year old tri-color that we have had since he was abandoned in an apartment in a nearby town. My daughter took it like a trooper and we held a very nice service to which my husband added, "Murray, may there never be another guinea pig or small animal to take your place. Amen." :Wink:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
It's so hard to watch kids deal with losing a pet. Hugs to your daughter, she did a wonderful thing giving Murray a happy life while she had him. I second your husband's prayer, when our last fish died, I threw out the tank.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Erica handled the death very well. But she was sad that he died alone without knowing his time of death. This of course led to a heartfelt discussion that I will always treasure with my most compassionate child.

I was the only one who caught the meaning behind my husband's prayer, so as everyone added their "Amen" my lip began to tremble as I stiffled a chuckle.

At that, Erica turned to me and said, "Don't cry Mom. Murray was just a guinea pig, you know."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back