Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My 5 y/o Tuxedo Sphynx Needs a New Home!

Keedle95

Lairian
Hey all,

As my thread title states, I have a 5 y/o Tuxedo boy named Loki that I’m looking to re-home. He’s incredibly sweet and well behaved, but needs a lot of attention and affection. I currently have 4 other sphynx cats that are very bonded and pick on him a little, so I’d like to find a new home for him where he can be the center of attention and be totally spoiled. You may have seen clips with the following info showing up in other people’s listings, and that’s because in addition to posting my own thread here, I will occasionally be reaching out to anyone I think might be a great candidate for my little guy. More about Loki:
He’s a bit of a lap cat, but if you bust out a pointer laser or a ball or two, he’d be more than happy to run around and chase them. As I mentioned, he’s very sweet and cuddly. He meows whenever he wants to be held and loves licking people. He has a good amount of fuzz patches covering parts of his back and his extremities (ears, feet and tip of his tail) so he’s got a less extreme maintenance requirement than your typical, totally bald sphynx, which would need more frequent bathing and oil treatments for dry skin. When I received him from the breeder as a baby, I was given paperwork that certified that he was safely bred and came with no pre-existing health conditions. I believe he would do well in a home with someone who will be able to give him ample amounts of attention. He was raised in a home (previously to my purchasing him) with dogs and other cats but I cannot speak to his compatibility with other animals now that he is mature. He is not a shy cat and will not typically hide in a new environment, however I also believe he will require a bit of patience in the beginning as he would cry frequently and need to be reassured that he will be taken care of. He has been neutered and received all the vaccinations required to keep him up to date. He is 100% an indoor cat but loves to sunbathe in a good sunny window. Attaching pictures of my baby below!! :)

Attachments

• A5AC192A-87C3-4396-8B19-6466D85C14F4.jpeg
    A5AC192A-87C3-4396-8B19-6466D85C14F4.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 270
  • C1DE1586-31A7-4631-B8C1-A9581247A19E.png
    C1DE1586-31A7-4631-B8C1-A9581247A19E.png
    185.2 KB · Views: 270
  • CDDC95E2-F872-43EA-A2B5-FDE74C66DF8B.png
    CDDC95E2-F872-43EA-A2B5-FDE74C66DF8B.png
    203 KB · Views: 257

Tristamwolf

Lairian
Hey there!
My wife and I have been discussing adopting a second Sphynx, but it's not been easy looking thus far as we're not interested in another kitten st this time now that our boy is almost 2. We'd love to know a bit more about Loki and to potentially adopt him. Whereabouts are you located?

jhbertot

Lairian
Hey all,

As my thread title states, I have a 5 y/o Tuxedo boy named Loki that I’m looking to re-home. He’s incredibly sweet and well behaved, but needs a lot of attention and affection. I currently have 4 other sphynx cats that are very bonded and pick on him a little, so I’d like to find a new home for him where he can be the center of attention and be totally spoiled. You may have seen clips with the following info showing up in other people’s listings, and that’s because in addition to posting my own thread here, I will occasionally be reaching out to anyone I think might be a great candidate for my little guy. More about Loki:
He’s a bit of a lap cat, but if you bust out a pointer laser or a ball or two, he’d be more than happy to run around and chase them. As I mentioned, he’s very sweet and cuddly. He meows whenever he wants to be held and loves licking people. He has a good amount of fuzz patches covering parts of his back and his extremities (ears, feet and tip of his tail) so he’s got a less extreme maintenance requirement than your typical, totally bald sphynx, which would need more frequent bathing and oil treatments for dry skin. When I received him from the breeder as a baby, I was given paperwork that certified that he was safely bred and came with no pre-existing health conditions. I believe he would do well in a home with someone who will be able to give him ample amounts of attention. He was raised in a home (previously to my purchasing him) with dogs and other cats but I cannot speak to his compatibility with other animals now that he is mature. He is not a shy cat and will not typically hide in a new environment, however I also believe he will require a bit of patience in the beginning as he would cry frequently and need to be reassured that he will be taken care of. He has been neutered and received all the vaccinations required to keep him up to date. He is 100% an indoor cat but loves to sunbathe in a good sunny window. Attaching pictures of my baby below!! :)

Hi,

I just came across your post I would love to discuss possibly adopting Loki. We are looking to get our first Sphynx and would love to have him in our family. I am located in Newark, NJ very close to your location and would be willing to meet if possible thank you!

JessicaRosexo

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hope your baby finds a new home.
He looks like my boy and his name also is Loki!
Twins.

Attachments

• 6F5F8380-234B-404E-9BBF-C0763CAB9D0A.jpeg
    6F5F8380-234B-404E-9BBF-C0763CAB9D0A.jpeg
    129.5 KB · Views: 223

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi,

I just came across your post I would love to discuss possibly adopting Loki. We are looking to get our first Sphynx and would love to have him in our family. I am located in Newark, NJ very close to your location and would be willing to meet if possible thank you!
Wow! You’re so close!! Please reach out to me in direct message so we can chat through some details :) also if you have any questions about care requirements, temperament etc please don’t hesitate to ask!

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi,

NJ is super ideal!! I feel like I’ve been responding to everyone’s comments to my post but I’m not seeing them show up in thread so please forgive me for any communication delays or duplicate messages you may receive. Please feel free to direct message me so we can chat about details etc. , I’d love to consider you as a potential new home for my loving little guy.

Keedle95

Lairian
Hey there!
My wife and I have been discussing adopting a second Sphynx, but it's not been easy looking thus far as we're not interested in another kitten st this time now that our boy is almost 2. We'd love to know a bit more about Loki and to potentially adopt him. Whereabouts are you located?
Hiya! Thanks so much for your interest. I’m currently located in Rockland county, NY. I’m not sure how much I went into detail in my original post, but the only reason I am rehoming him is because he’s been getting picked on recently by my other sphynxes and it’s caused him quite a bit of stress. Sphynxes in my opinion definitely do better with company, but I’m not sure how he’ll fare being the new cat in another cats home. I am particularly worried that the cat you already have may be territorial. Loki is a gentle soul and his sons outgrew him to become little bullies it’s sad to watch as they are otherwise so friendly and get along well with Each other.

Beana16

Lairian
Hi there!
Loki is absolutely adorable! I would love to have the opportunity to adopt him. I’m located in massachusetts but I’ve driven to Michigan to bring home a pet I love, so New York is no problem. I have a cat savvy dog, and a 3 year old female domestic short hair who has lived with other cats prior! If you have any questions or would like to get to know me more I’m happy to answer! ☺️

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi there!
Loki is absolutely adorable! I would love to have the opportunity to adopt him. I’m located in massachusetts but I’ve driven to Michigan to bring home a pet I love, so New York is no problem. I have a cat savvy dog, and a 3 year old female domestic short hair who has lived with other cats prior! If you have any questions or would like to get to know me more I’m happy to answer! ☺
Wow!! It means a lot to me that you’d be willing to travel a bit for Loki, and it shows me that you’re really serious about adopting him. Thank you so much for your interest :) I’m going to try to get a list of questions together to send to my potential adopters and you will definitely be included in this list! I’m currently out of power here in NY so my ability throughout the week to get this done will be limited to lunch breaks at work but please bear with me!

Beana16

Lairian
Wow!! It means a lot to me that you’d be willing to travel a bit for Loki, and it shows me that you’re really serious about adopting him. Thank you so much for your interest :) I’m going to try to get a list of questions together to send to my potential adopters and you will definitely be included in this list! I’m currently out of power here in NY so my ability throughout the week to get this done will be limited to lunch breaks at work but please bear with me!
Perfect! No rush at all, i understand a wonky schedule, I’m a night worker. I look forward to hearing from you!

JCian

Lairian
HELLO!! I just sent you a message! We are in NYC and would love to give Loki a new home!!!

Keedle95

Lairian
Hi there!
Loki is absolutely adorable! I would love to have the opportunity to adopt him. I’m located in massachusetts but I’ve driven to Michigan to bring home a pet I love, so New York is no problem. I have a cat savvy dog, and a 3 year old female domestic short hair who has lived with other cats prior! If you have any questions or would like to get to know me more I’m happy to answer! ☺
Hey there! I'm all finished with my adoption questionnaire and would love to loop you in if you can make the time to fill one out. Shoot me a private message with your email address so I can send one your way if you're still interested :)

hbuttons

Lairian
If Loki has not found a new home yet, I would love to provide him with all the love and attention he deserves. I study and from home, and live with 3 people, so he would have attention all day, every day. I am located in Oswego, NY. Please let me know if he is still available!

baldandhair

Lairian
Hi! Has Loki found a new home? We are located in Beacon, NY and looking to adopt a new Sphynx cat! We have had two over the years and they’ve both passed on. Please let me know if you’re still looking for a loving home for your babe!!

sorsini112

Lairian
Good morning ! Are you still looking for a home for Loki? I’m from Mass and will travel to get him. I lost my Maggie last year. Loki seems atlot like her since she was with me 24/7 Everyone would call her my shadow. If you have Instagram please look me up @thenakedbunch. Hopefully you find me Loki a home soon!

Back