Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My baby Freyja is here!

MycatisFreyja

Lairian
We got our kitten on July 4th, 2016 and she was born in March. She is such a ball of energy even after being spayed, but we love her. Our transition from homemade raw to a commercial raw brand was as seamless as her transition to being an only child. She is so cuddly and lovable, I don't think I could even go back to having a furry kitty.

My one concern is keeping up with her feeding as she grows. I am constantly worried that she is underweight, but I don't want to feed her too much.

I love that I found a forum where I can talk to other Sphynx parents! :)

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@MycatisFreyja Hello and welcome to Sphynxlair. I hope you will share a pic of your new baby. So happy that she has transitioned into your forever home with no issues.Adding images/ photos to Threads or Messages

This is also a great section in the community to find some great tips/information. Enjoy and and I look forward to seeing you become an active member in the community. Sphynx Cat Help Center

Patti

GoldHazel

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
@MycatisFreyja hello and welcome. Sounds like you are not only in love with your baby girl, but in love with the breed as well. That's the story here LOL, instant love, love, love.

Enjoy every kitten moment as they grow up so fast. Looking forward to seeing photos and hearing stories. I cannot help you with feeding raw, but others will chime in and help out I'm sure. Congrats!

When you get a moment, take a look at my favorite sphynx toy list:
*GoldHazel's favorite sphynx TOY list*

Nicolemorgan

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to Sphynxlair!! So exciting that you new baby is doing well!
This site is great for so many different types of information.

We used to feed raw, and I always found that I had to double whatever the "suggested" serving was. Sphynxes are very active, and eat more than a furry kitty.
And especially seeing as you have a kitten, you don't really want to not be giving them enough food at this point. For the raw, I would suggest giving as much as she will eat for 15 minutes. And perhaps feed 3 or 4 times per day. With raw, I know you can't leave extra out in case she becomes hungry. But perhaps your raw company also has freeze dried raw? If so, you could leave some of that out so she can free feed off of that in between meals.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@MycatisFreyja welcome to sphynxlair for you and Freya! Good to have you here. Happy to hear all is going so well with your little girl. We all love to talk about are sphynxes here and can't hear enough about Freya. A little sphynx in your home brings so much fun and love. But also a lot of worries. A little kitten needs to eat a lot. When my boys were kittens I did feed them a whole lot of raw food. I just gabe them as much as they were eating.

Do you have a pic if Freya? I would love to see her:).

MycatisFreyja

Lairian
Thank you everyone for your welcoming responses! @Nicolemorgan Your advice is particularly helpful. Here is a picture of her I took today.

IMG_0411.JPG

captain_tinky

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
When pip was a baby she'd get to eat as much raw food as she wanted, once they hit 1 year old then you can regulate how much you feed her. Your baby is cute by the way!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hello and welcome. Freyja is adorable but more pics please!

Cats on a raw diet seldom take on the beautiful Sphynx buddha belly of non raw eaters. My Max and Min have been on a raw diet since 5 months of age and they are svelte. Mind, as kittens, after eating, they usually have/had cute little bellies.

The rule of thumb is, as kittens, feed them as much as they can eat in 15 minutes. My guys ended up being HUGE piggies (we're talking about 150 g per meal, 3 times a day) and getting too much protein in their diet which caused a tiny kidney issue -- so now they get about 90 g per meal, 3 times a day. Min's a kitten still and is doing great on that amount, still growing and growing. Max, an adult, does just fine too.

I hope that helps.

MycatisFreyja

Lairian
Hello and welcome. Freyja is adorable but more pics please!

Cats on a raw diet seldom take on the beautiful Sphynx buddha belly of non raw eaters. My Max and Min have been on a raw diet since 5 months of age and they are svelte. Mind, as kittens, after eating, they usually have/had cute little bellies.

The rule of thumb is, as kittens, feed them as much as they can eat in 15 minutes. My guys ended up being HUGE piggies (we're talking about 150 g per meal, 3 times a day) and getting too much protein in their diet which caused a tiny kidney issue -- so now they get about 90 g per meal, 3 times a day. Min's a kitten still and is doing great on that amount, still growing and growing. Max, an adult, does just fine too.

I hope that helps.

Awesome. Thanks for the advice!

Back