Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My beloved baldies need a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

susi794

Staff member
I hope with all my heart that it works out for everyone and that Cosmo and Nova find a good home with Kia. I don't know her personally, but she was referred to me from someone who has one of my cats and he is a great guy, so I'm pretty sure she is going to be a good person and will love your kids completely.
I know how hard this must be for you--but it's a loving thing you're doing.
God bless, and I will be remembering you and your husband in my prayers,
Susi and the gang

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear you have to let them go but fingers crossed this lady pans out and they get a fab loving home.

Big hugs
X

gunstreetgirl

Lairian
So, so sorry you have to let your babies go... I'm sure they'll get the loving home they deserve as it's impossible to know these cats and not adore them!
On the upside, at least you know just the pet for you as soon as the kids are in college and you're faced with an empty nest:ThumbsUp:

2baldies

Lairian
So, so sorry you have to let your babies go... I'm sure they'll get the loving home they deserve as it's impossible to know these cats and not adore them!
On the upside, at least you know just the pet for you as soon as the kids are in college and you're faced with an empty nest:ThumbsUp:

I was soooo already thinking that!!:BigSmile:

2baldies

Lairian
I hope with all my heart that it works out for everyone and that Cosmo and Nova find a good home with Kia. I don't know her personally, but she was referred to me from someone who has one of my cats and he is a great guy, so I'm pretty sure she is going to be a good person and will love your kids completely.
I know how hard this must be for you--but it's a loving thing you're doing.
God bless, and I will be remembering you and your husband in my prayers,
Susi and the gang

You are just the sweetest! Thanks again.

holly_savage

Banned
I really hope it all works out int the end. I know that it is hard, but it's a great feeling when you know they are being well loved by someone and not just sitting in a shelter cage somewhere.

2baldies

Lairian
My kitties will be meeting their possible new mommy on Thursday evening. If all goes well with the introduction they will be going home with her. I am sad and happy at the same time. My son is heart broken. He is already talking about adopting another greyhound as a replacement. One thing at a time I tell him. Wish me luck...

susi794

Staff member
Oh, I wish you much luck. I know how hard it is to rehome your babies. Bless you for trying to give them a better life.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It must be very difficult to have to rehome cats that you love. Doing the right or best thing is often the hardest on our hearts. I hope all goes well and this bittersweet time turns out to be more seet than bitter.

Madoff

Lairian
After a heart breaking month of decision making my family has decided that the cats have to go. My two young boys have severe allergies toward cats and even allergy medication is not helping enough. They both get hives and puffy eyes when touching the cats or anything that the cats have been laying on. The cats have been living in my master bathroom since March. In the past few months I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more. The kids are getting better. We no longer go through a box of tissues a day. The cats on the other hand miss us so much. I spend time with them but not like before. I hate to see them locked up so that is why it is time to say goodbye. They are living somewhat comfortably in the bathroom. They sit on the window sill all day looking out over the yard and at night they curl up in the many cozy blankets and heating pad on the floor. Their food and litter box are in there too. (It is a very large bathroom) I know there has got to be a baldy lover out there that is willing to take the two of them together. I refuse to bring them to a shelter. Ok so on to the real post...

Cosmo is 11 years old. He is a black male that is very bald. He has had some health problems all of which I think have been brought on by stress. He is healthy right now. Living in the bathroom without the kids bothering him has seemed to help him so much! He is an awesome cat that loves to sleep curled up against your back. He sometimes holds a grudge against people like the vet...he hates the vet. They have to wear the big leather gloves when handling him! Other then that he is an affectionate boy.

Nova is 9 years old. She is a small tortie female with a little fur on her hips. She is a sweetheart and loves everyone. She has very dry flaky skin and needs a bath at least once a week along with a lotion rub down. We often laugh at her for some of the silly things that she does. When you pet her head (which she loves) when you are done she shakes her head so much that she almost falls over!

We live northwest of Chicago, IL. Let me know if you are willing to add my precious babies into your life.

Jaimee

So wait, your children are still allergic to the cat even though its a sphynx? So a sphynx cat is still allergic like a regular domestic cat then?

ckutkuhn7

Banned
So wait, your children are still allergic to the cat even though its a sphynx? So a sphynx cat is still allergic like a regular domestic cat then?

Some people are allergic to cat hair,,some allergic to their saliva and dander and some allergic to everything. My boyfriend is allergic to cat hair but has no problems with our Sphynx because he isn't allergic to her saliva and dander,,now if she sprouts long hair then we have a problem!! lol

taminate

Lairian

a sphynx is not a hypoallergenic cat regardless of what some people think and spread around! my now 4 year old spent a good week puffy and runny nose...but she did overcome her allergy to our sphynx (THANK GOD!) If i pet my cats and then touch my eyes-it hurts like you wouldnt believe, but they can rub on me and i can love them just fine-just sometimes need eye drops.

wundrlust

Lairian
NO!!! Dont do it until you try lo-shed soap. It keeps the dander down so people with allergies don't suffer from it. Also, pick up some Quericin with C at your local health food store. It prevents the histamines from acting up so there is no allergic reaction. It is an all natural remedy. Also...homeopathic Drs. can help. All modern medicine is based on homeopathy. AND, you should be able to find honey that was produced at least 5 miles from your home. 1 tbl spoon daily will stop any allergic reactions.

Please look into the above before giving up your babies.

Good luck!!!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
NO!!! Dont do it until you try lo-shed soap. It keeps the dander down so people with allergies don't suffer from it. Also, pick up some Quericin with C at your local health food store. It prevents the histamines from acting up so there is no allergic reaction. It is an all natural remedy. Also...homeopathic Drs. can help. All modern medicine is based on homeopathy. AND, you should be able to find honey that was produced at least 5 miles from your home. 1 tbl spoon daily will stop any allergic reactions.Please look into the above before giving up your babies.Good luck!!!

Lo-shed soap is a great idea worth trying. I hope it helps.

2baldies

Lairian
NO!!! Dont do it until you try lo-shed soap. It keeps the dander down so people with allergies don't suffer from it. Also, pick up some Quericin with C at your local health food store. It prevents the histamines from acting up so there is no allergic reaction. It is an all natural remedy. Also...homeopathic Drs. can help. All modern medicine is based on homeopathy. AND, you should be able to find honey that was produced at least 5 miles from your home. 1 tbl spoon daily will stop any allergic reactions.

Please look into the above before giving up your babies.

Good luck!!!

We have tried everything for their allergies. Yes people can be allergic to hairless animals. I am allergic to hairless cats. Wherever they rub on my skin especially my forearms or neck I get hives, a small price to pay for having such awesome kitties. My kids on the other hand are much worse. One is allergic to the saliva, dander and litter box. The other we didn't have tested yet for specifics.

My cats were adopted. I cried so much that I had to go to the dr. for depression meds. I had to stay away from here so that I wouldn't have to see all the kitties that everyone else gets to keep. They are in a good home now with much less stress. I will miss them so much. My son also now calls me the meanest mom in the world...wow does that hurt. I know I did the right thing but my son just doesn't understand. He says he still has a stuffy nose everyday. I know, I know...what else am I supposed to do? He'll have a stuffy nose for the rest of his life just like his mom. On a positive note our dog is getting ton of attention now. Sigh...

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
We have tried everything for their allergies. Yes people can be allergic to hairless animals. I am allergic to hairless cats. Wherever they rub on my skin especially my forearms or neck I get hives, a small price to pay for having such awesome kitties. My kids on the other hand are much worse. One is allergic to the saliva, dander and litter box. The other we didn't have tested yet for specifics.

My cats were adopted. I cried so much that I had to go to the dr. for depression meds. I had to stay away from here so that I wouldn't have to see all the kitties that everyone else gets to keep. They are in a good home now with much less stress. I will miss them so much. My son also now calls me the meanest mom in the world...wow does that hurt. I know I did the right thing but my son just doesn't understand. He says he still has a stuffy nose everyday. I know, I know...what else am I supposed to do? He'll have a stuffy nose for the rest of his life just like his mom. On a positive note our dog is getting ton of attention now. Sigh...

My heart goes out to you 2baldies. Sometimes doing the right thing is what will break your heart the most. Hang in there. You can't be the meanest mom in the world (cause that is a title I frequently hold:Wink:) Your son will understand someday and will appreciate the sacrifice you made for them. Love and hugs to you.

susi794

Staff member
My cats were adopted. I cried so much that I had to go to the dr. for depression meds. I had to stay away from here so that I wouldn't have to see all the kitties that everyone else gets to keep. They are in a good home now with much less stress. I will miss them so much. ...
Oh, 2baldies, I understand what you're talking about--the right thing is really tough some times. Did Kia end up adopting them? If so, I think she was a good candidate for being a kitty mom and am certain that she will offer them a good home.
Much love to you,
Susi and the gang

My heart just breaks for you. You made a very hard decision for what was best for your family. Your son will understand in time.

Sending hugs your way....

Kris

sparkeydaisy

Lairian
I understand your heartbreak. I would like to help if I may, I realise your desire to keep them together. I would only be able to adopt one. Age is unimportant. My cornish rex was 7 when I adopted her. If interested I would like to speak to you. :Smile:

Avasmommy

Lairian
I would take them in a heart beat. But I live in ND. I lost my Chihuahua of 7 years last July, so now he sits on our entertainment center in his urn. I've come to the conclusion that bringing a cat into our lives might be the right direction to go in. I wish you luck!

Nofuratu

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know you made the right decision!! Wish we could give you a big hug...I have concluded that the meanest moms in the world are usually the best ones and your son wont tell you that until he is an adult...but when he has his own kids they will say the same thing to him some day! LOL
I have 3 stepkids who live with me and I often introduce myself as "the evil stepmother"....I try to embrace being mean...its a lifestyle...LOL.
Please take good care of yourself and I am so sorry you had to give up your cats, but Im sure they appreciate all the "hands on" attention they can get in a new home without causing anyone hives and plugged noses.

Adventures of A Naked Cat

SylvrTitoijava

Lairian
I feel for you, when I moved out of my parents home, my beloved german shepard MoonlightShadow ended up having to be rehomed because I was working 10 hours a day and moving into a small apartment. I cried the whole 5 hour drive to take him to his new home, and cried more leaving because he sat yowling at the gate like someone was murdering him. My parents told called me an evil monster for giving him up even though they refused to watch him even just until I found him a new home.
Having to give up your animal babies is never an easy thing at the best of times. It make it worse when other people get made at you for it. My heart goes out to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back