Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My beloved baldies need a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

2baldies

Lairian
After a heart breaking month of decision making my family has decided that the cats have to go. My two young boys have severe allergies toward cats and even allergy medication is not helping enough. They both get hives and puffy eyes when touching the cats or anything that the cats have been laying on. The cats have been living in my master bathroom since March. In the past few months I have cleaned and cleaned and cleaned some more. The kids are getting better. We no longer go through a box of tissues a day. The cats on the other hand miss us so much. I spend time with them but not like before. I hate to see them locked up so that is why it is time to say goodbye. They are living somewhat comfortably in the bathroom. They sit on the window sill all day looking out over the yard and at night they curl up in the many cozy blankets and heating pad on the floor. Their food and litter box are in there too. (It is a very large bathroom) I know there has got to be a baldy lover out there that is willing to take the two of them together. I refuse to bring them to a shelter. Ok so on to the real post...

Cosmo is 11 years old. He is a black male that is very bald. He has had some health problems all of which I think have been brought on by stress. He is healthy right now. Living in the bathroom without the kids bothering him has seemed to help him so much! He is an awesome cat that loves to sleep curled up against your back. He sometimes holds a grudge against people like the vet...he hates the vet. They have to wear the big leather gloves when handling him! Other then that he is an affectionate boy.

Nova is 9 years old. She is a small tortie female with a little fur on her hips. She is a sweetheart and loves everyone. She has very dry flaky skin and needs a bath at least once a week along with a lotion rub down. We often laugh at her for some of the silly things that she does. When you pet her head (which she loves) when you are done she shakes her head so much that she almost falls over!

We live northwest of Chicago, IL. Let me know if you are willing to add my precious babies into your life.

Jaimee

gizmo6370

Banned
So sad that they have to go....
I hope you will find a loving and permanent home for the 2 of them :Smile:
Good luck! :ThumbsUp:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I feel certain that you have come to the right place to find a loving home for your babies!

apcolleen

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Im sorry you have to get rid of your kitties. I have kinda bad allergies but I just started allergy shots last year (im even allergic to tomatoes!) But my allergist said since early this year allergies have cranked WAY up all over the country! My poor neice is as pale as me and has black bags under her 7 year old eyes from allergies and thats WITH allergy stuff!

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
is your female fixed?
are you asking a rehoming fee?
i'm from Detroit

2baldies

Lairian
Answers to your questions...

Nova and Cosmo are both fixed.
I am not expecting any money from the person that chooses to adopt my kitties. What is more important to me is that they go to a loving home preferably without young kids or dogs so that Cosmo doesn't get stressed out.

I will try to load pictures onto this site of the cats for everyone to see.

2baldies

Lairian
Im sorry you have to get rid of your kitties. I have kinda bad allergies but I just started allergy shots last year (im even allergic to tomatoes!) But my allergist said since early this year allergies have cranked WAY up all over the country! My poor neice is as pale as me and has black bags under her 7 year old eyes from allergies and thats WITH allergy stuff!

My 7 year old has been thru the ringer with his allergies and also has bags under his eyes. We've had extensive testing done to pinpoint his allergies and on top of the rest cats were off the charts bad. That was 4 years ago and not much has changed. We hoped he would grow out of it. No such luck. He has been on multiple medications at a time but still has a stuffy nose constantly on top of hives and itching. Now my 2 year old is stuffy everyday also so I have to assume he is following in his brother and my footsteps and will be just as allergic as us. They do have seasonal allergies on top of cat allergies so yes this spring was horrible when they played outside. Now that the cats are in the bathroom they are sleeping better because their rooms are cat free. I have even been told that both kids should have their tonsils out because they are so swollen all the time.

This has been a really rough road and I can't bear the fact that we will have to say goodbye to the cats. They are so loved here.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
gosh, i can't imagine how you are feeling. it makes me cry thinking of having to rehome my kitties :( understandably you want to do the best for your children. but it's never easy to give up a pet. i'm sorry you are going through this.
I would love to adopt your kitties but we have a dog and my step kids are here every weekend and all summer long.
Do you have a family member who would adopt them? so you could see them often?

2baldies

Lairian
gosh, i can't imagine how you are feeling. it makes me cry thinking of having to rehome my kitties :( understandably you want to do the best for your children. but it's never easy to give up a pet. i'm sorry you are going through this.
I would love to adopt your kitties but we have a dog and my step kids are here every weekend and all summer long.
Do you have a family member who would adopt them? so you could see them often?

No, my family won't adopt them. They know how dirty the breed can be and don't want anything to do with them. My sisters have cats already or young kids. We have a dog also, she's a rescued great dane greyhound mix. My boys love the cats but my 2 year old likes to bite and that's what stresses Cosmo out. So as long as your kids understand how to treat animals nicely I think the cats would be fine. If you are serious about adopting them let me know.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
To bad you are not in California my dad is interested in a sphynx and it can not cost alot.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
After going back over and re-reading your post i think my house may be a little too chaotic for your babies :( which makes me VERY sad! i would LOVE to have them, but i have a very hyper english bulldog who thinks kitties are her personal play toys, and are expecting puppies late aug.
my kids aren't necessarily the problem. they are pretty good with the animals. they're older: 8, 11, 13. but i think it'd be too stressful with our bully and our male cat is very dominating.
i'll keep an eye out for someone willing to look into the adoption.

How do you think your cats would do with other cats?

susi794

Staff member
I know of a girl in the Chicago area who is looking to adopt an adult sphynx or two--she asked me if I have anything available and was referred by a past customer....I will be glad to pm you her contact information if you are interested.

MikkiJean

Lairian
I would only be able to take one :eek:(

I hope you find your babies great homes! Sorry you have to give them up :eek:(

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a friend who might be interested, she lives in WI Dells but comes down here sometimes. It is just Her, Her Husband, their 4 year old son... If you still haven't found someone PM me and I will see if they are interested in adopting 2 kittys .

JeriLeighR

Lairian
I live close, in Kalamazoo, MI, and would love to take these precious baldies into my home. I have 2 sphynx already and am in love with them! I would love to know more as I am sure you would want to know more about me as well and where the kiddos would be going if I were chosen. PM me and I would love to talk about giving them the home they deserve.

2baldies

Lairian
I think I may have a new mama for my kitties! Thanks to Susi for the referral! I'll keep you updated. I am so sad but happy at the same time!

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Susi is a wonderful soul. I'm glad she was able to help. It must be hard to have to rehome your babies. Wishing for the best possible outcome for all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back