Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Beloved Fluffy Mary Magdalene

SphynxKid

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I don't come here very often. But it is with a devastated heart I came here to let the members know of the passing of my beloved Fluffy Mary Magdalene, just a couple of days before my birthday. She had just turned 14yrs old. She became unwell the last two weeks or so, and I had her in and out of the vet's office trying to figure out what was wrong. The last day I took her in, she had gotten much better, and then in the last few hours before we left, terribly sick. I woke up early, gave her a bath and took her to the vet. They did an xray and ultrasound only to find she was riddled with cancer, and a mass had perforated her bowel in the last day since we had been there. She had been to the library with the children only a few short days before. My Moses is lonely and I still remain heart-broken over her loss and knowing our time was just too short.

This picture was taken a couple of months ago:
Fluffy2.jpg

And this was taken the night before we went to the vet for the final time:
Fluffy1.jpg

I miss her little paws waking me up in the morning, her little cross eyes and her mohawk on her nose.

We will be scheduling a time to dedicate a plaque to her at the library, as she had over ten years of service as a therapy animal, with the first photo placed in the children's room, as she was the longest standing "Reading with "Furry" Friend".

Jen

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Hi Jen
Have missed you around here.
I'm sorry this is the reasoning for hearing from you.
I know your heartbroken. I'm heartbroken for you.
I'm sorry for Moses also. I will be praying for you.
Other than this, I hope all is well with you.
Pray your health is good. Hugs to you and Moses.

Lynn W

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so very sorry for your loss, Jen...My heart breaks for you and Moses. You gave her a long happy life. :cry:

MyJezebel

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sad to hear of Fluffy's passing. She was certainly a special girl and I know you are missing her deeply. Try to hold all the wonderful memories of her close to your heart and hug Moses extra tight. Hang in there Jen

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
She was the sweetest baby I ever met. I was honored to have met her and can share she had an amazing aurora. An old soul...kind, loving and tolerant of all. I wish there were more humans like her...fly high sweet Fluffy. I know you have not been an active member, but so happy you know you have support from all of us. Hoping Moses is doing well.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@SphynxKid ,((((hugs))) to you amd Moses .. I am so sorry to learn your precious friend Fluffy got her wings ...
She touched hearts forever and ever ..
No time is ever enough :(
What an amazing girl .. "furry "friend forever in hearts of all the lives she touched ..
We will be right besides you in thought for her library dedication ..
Thank you for sharing her soulful photos . I hope you can one day share her dedication plaque..
Extra squeeeze hugs to you and Moses
Sending a lair full of comforting thoughts ..
We are here for you

Fly free and high at the bridge sweet Fluffy

cleozmama

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@SphynxKid
I am so sorry to hear of Fluffy's passing. I know how devastated you must feel right now. I have always enjoyed reading about her and Moses' hijinks. Fluffy was such a special girl and I hope the little readers at the library will share their experiences and lots of hugs with you. I look forward to reading about her much-deserved memorial. I know your memories of Fluffy will be a comfort to you and Moses.

Kim

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I am so sorry for your loss. I am sitting here in tears, knowing how much Fluffy meant to you and so many others. I am also sad for Moses. But I also know you are one of the most awesome Sphynx Moms and both Fluffy and Moses have the best life ever with YOU. I hope, in time, a new Sphynx will find his or her way into your home and heart. And I know Fluffy will always have a special place in the hearts and memories of yourself especially, and all Fluffy touched.

Much love your way.

ElvirasMum

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I’m not on much either.
Jen, I’m so sorry.
Fluffy was amazing & beloved & I hope there is a Roomba at the Rainbow Bridge for her to ride.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I don't come here very often. But it is with a devastated heart I came here to let the members know of the passing of my beloved Fluffy Mary Magdalene, just a couple of days before my birthday. She had just turned 14yrs old. She became unwell the last two weeks or so, and I had her in and out of the vet's office trying to figure out what was wrong. The last day I took her in, she had gotten much better, and then in the last few hours before we left, terribly sick. I woke up early, gave her a bath and took her to the vet. They did an xray and ultrasound only to find she was riddled with cancer, and a mass had perforated her bowel in the last day since we had been there. She had been to the library with the children only a few short days before. My Moses is lonely and I still remain heart-broken over her loss and knowing our time was just too short.

This picture was taken a couple of months ago:
View attachment 79596

And this was taken the night before we went to the vet for the final time:
View attachment 79597

I miss her little paws waking me up in the morning, her little cross eyes and her mohawk on her nose.

We will be scheduling a time to dedicate a plaque to her at the library, as she had over ten years of service as a therapy animal, with the first photo placed in the children's room, as she was the longest standing "Reading with "Furry" Friend".

Jen
Hello , so very very sad for your loss , you must have given her the best possible care ever for her to be an awesome age of 14 yrs old .. she must have touch so many peoples lives at the library ! She will be sadly missed by so many .. take comfort knowing you have given her an amazing life .. sending hugs to you all
From all of us
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So heartbreaking! It's always too soon. With time you will remember your baby with smiles and love. Hugs to you!

susi794

Staff member
Jen,
I was so sad to read that Fluffy had crossed the Bridge. I remember her and reading at the library, then stopping for her very own ice cream. She was a beautiful soul. And I know how deeply you loved her. I hope Moses has adjusted by now and that all else is well.