Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My boy is 5 months and I'm getting him neutered

Wednesdaysmum

Lairian
Hey Friends and Felines

My little boy Wednesday is getting desexed on Monday, I'm worried about him and would like to know if anyone has an unneutered male cat and if there are real complications and behaviour issues that arise from not going through with the operation.

He is an indoor only cat and we live in a spacious apartment, we often let him outside on a leash 100% supervised.

If we do go ahead with the operation, does it change his personality much and will it make him unhappy.

Note: I've had cats growing up and they have all been desexed, Im just being very overprotective of my little man.

Toa and Ross

Staff member
We all know the worries when you’re about to neuter your sphynx. We are all nervous on these days. @Catzzzmeow added great links.
In long term your boy will stay healthier and happier being neutered, in my opinion. Most sphynx are back on their paws in no time after the neutering.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Wednesdaysmum My boy boy got more cuddly... less interested in what was lurking outside..
have had all boy kitties I had in my life neutered and they all recovered super fast and no cone of shame..

remember NO ketamine anesthesia..
many vets use isoflurane and propofol

I have them mark chart NO ketamine and put it on their drop off crate too. I took a little towel with me with my scent on it for the recovery cage.
My understanding neutering males is rather a quicker easier procedure than spaying females.
someone told me its like a little slit and popping out grapes! never for got that explanation. lol

will be checking in monday for updates

hugs head smooches and positive vibes!