Welcome to the Sphynxlair community! A community dedicated to the Sphynx breed!

My BoyFriend Broke Up With Me and Abby

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Last night my boyfriend broke up with me. He didn't want me to start my yarn shop. He said he was more of a therapist more then a boyfriend ~whatever. He said I was to depressing to be around! Well, if your closest friend doesn't support your dreams wouldn't you be depressed? He didn't even want me to buy Abby. Then when I finally got Abby he said no more bald cats....pssh good riddance if you ask me...sorry just needed to vent:Angry:

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:Smile: thanks i should have known he would be no good when he didn't want me to get Abby, lol!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last night my boyfriend broke up with me. He didn't want me to start my yarn shop. He said he was more of a therapist more then a boyfriend ~whatever. He said I was to depressing to be around! Well, if your closest friend doesn't support your dreams wouldn't you be depressed? He didn't even want me to buy Abby. Then when I finally got Abby he said no more bald cats....pssh good riddance if you ask me...sorry just needed to vent:Angry:
Awww, abbyknitter, I understand how you feel. :Sweat: Until I met my fiance, I was the poster child for dysfunctional love relationships; I kept getting my heart broken over and over again from one bad boyfriend after another. It only took me meeting ONE great guy to turn that all around, but unfortunately it took me over 20 years of dating (and one really bad marriage) before he finally came into my life.

This guy of yours, on the other hand, sounds like a real LOSER. :Angry: Any guy who won't listen to your problems, support your dreams, and allow you to have a pet (especially an awesome pet like a sphynx cat!) needs to be kicked to the curb! I know it doesn't seem like it now, but he actually did you a FAVOR by breaking up with you. Like you said, good riddance...you don't need that dummy in your life. :ThumbsDown:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Sorry to hear that but he doesn't deserve you! Don't let anyone hold you back from what you want to do in life! A loving partner should support and encourage you -not hold you back. Good riddance!

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thanks guys :Smile: your all right, i feel a lot better. Just logging on here and talking about bald kitties makes me feel better :BigSmile:

Keep going with your dreams and I hope you get the yarn store in the future. Everything seems to work out as they should. I am sure it is hard for you right now but you will get through it and you have Abby. I was worried my husband was not going to like our kitties because he is a large dog guy and now he totally in love with these guys.

I hope you keep your head up and get through this and stick with your dreams.

tess

susi794

Staff member
Abbyknitter,
First of all, let me say I am sorry for your loss--because the fact remains that you cared for this man and even if he turned out to be a jackass--well, you still cared and now that leaves a sad, empty feeling inside. Some people settle for less than they deserve because they can't tolerate that feeling. I am glad that you aren't one of them.
Secondly, what kind of a jerk breaks up with someone this close to Christmas? Hope you can return anything you got him. NEVER SETTLE for someone who belittles you or attempts to make you feel LESS. If he doesn't support your dreams and share your real life issues. then he's just a little boy looking for someone to play with--not someone to partner with.
Finally, you deserve a whole lot better than what he had to offer. I know people always say the right guy will come along...maybe he will--maybe he won't. But I can promise you one thing...being occasionally lonely is a hands down winner to being miserable with someone who does nothing but tear down. Partners build up...people who care about us lift us up when we're feeling down--support us when we can't make it alone.
Hug your cats, reach out to your friends and loved ones and let that jerk eat your dust as you pass him by.
I'm remembering you especially in my prayers today, so that you don't let it get to you and make you feel less in any way after the initial shock of it all wears off.
You can do anything you set your mind to if you're willing to work hard and do what it takes--don't let anybody convince you otherwise.
Love ya,
Susi

susi794

Staff member
Keep going with your dreams and I hope you get the yarn store in the future. Everything seems to work out as they should. I am sure it is hard for you right now but you will get through it and you have Abby. I was worried my husband was not going to like our kitties because he is a large dog guy and now he totally in love with these guys.

I hope you keep your head up and get through this and stick with your dreams.

tess
Tess---love the pics of your hubby and your babies!

Tess---love the pics of your hubby and your babies!
Yeah I guess my worries of him not loving them turned out the opposite. He had knee surgery today and both the babies are laying with him.

I am with you on your advice, not worth settling.

tess

susi794

Staff member
Yeah I guess my worries of him not loving them turned out the opposite. He had knee surgery today and both the babies are laying with him.

I am with you on your advice, not worth settling.

tess
Prayers for your hubby 's quick and pain-free healing also!

kiennasmom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
We might not be able to take the place of a boyfriend but we all support you not only with your sphynx love, but your dream of the yarn shop too!

If it helps at all, a former boyfriend once told me, "You have more passion for your cats than you do for me!!" That stuck with me, and he was 100% right. Now I know I should only be with men that I adore EQUALLY to my cats :LOL::LOL: My kitties are the ruler by which all men are judged!! hahaha

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can post him in the human rescue section, if you need to rehome him, you may need to post a lower than average adoption fee!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
You can post him in the human rescue section, if you need to rehome him, you may need to post a lower than average adoption fee!
If she did that, she'll need to give him away for free...or even pay somebody to take him. :Laugh:

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm a little late on this, but I agree. . . you need to be around someone who will support you and care for you and give you the respect you deserve! I'm sorry you had to go through that, both you and Abby. Sounds like you've got a lot of support here on Sphynxlair. :Smile: