Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Boys

HouseofNile

Lairian
My Boys are Pharaoh he’s chocolate born March 29th 2016 and Mosses he’s white Born May 9th 2016. I got them from two different breeders when they were old enough to leave their mammas I wanted two so they could keep each other company while I’m at work during the day. I have them almost 4 years (not neutered) and they’re hysterically funny still act like kittens, never sprayed or try to go outside, yet. I’ve had them on a totally raw meat diet which I prepare myself. They steal everyone's heart who comes to visit or comes to the front door. OHH they’re also toilet trained haha
A497CC8A-82BA-4C56-B5AA-01B821ED2089.png
B8D398EF-CA87-4BC7-AD39-76FE22E9B303.png

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
@HouseofNile Welcome!!!! Your babies are beautiful and I am happy you jumped right in and became an active member. I think Pharaoh might be black not chocolate because of the color of their nose pad/toes. Take a look at this chart and let me know what you think. https://sphynxlair.com/community/styles/Skincolor.jpg. No matter what color...just stunning. We love learning together and you will find this a very friendly community with obsessed Sphynx lovers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

HouseofNile

Lairian
@HouseofNile Welcome!!!! Your babies are beautiful and I am happy you jumped right in and became an active member. I think Pharaoh might be black not chocolate because of the color of their nose pad/toes. Take a look at this chart and let me know what you think. https://sphynxlair.com/community/styles/Skincolor.jpg. No matter what color...just stunning. We love learning together and you will find this a very friendly community with obsessed Sphynx lovers.

Yeah Pharaoh was black when he was a kitten he’s getting lighter now that he’s older so according to the chart (Thanks for that link) he falls under black /charcoal. With me being a dark chocolate lover hahaha well you can understand my confusion lol

HouseofNile

Lairian
Lol lol. Funny thing is the black kittens often get lighter. Here is a pic of our tuxedo...a huge difference from kitten to adult.

Giggled about you being a dark chocolate lover lol. @HouseofNile
Awe Tuxedo is so adorable yeah it’s interesting how light they get
How long have you had him? Is he neutered?

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
She is 7 now. We have a tortie who was a light colored smudge and got darker as she aged...every day is a gift with these guys. Here she is...
in the beginning

adult

All of ours are neutered/spayed. Any questions about spaying/neutering? Is your baby? @HouseofNile

HouseofNile

Lairian
She is 7 now. We have a tortie who was a light colored smudge and got darker as she aged...every day is a gift with these guys. Here she is...
in the beginning

adult

All of ours are neutered/spayed. Any questions about spaying/neutering? Is your baby? @HouseofNile

Such cool coloring!!! No my guys aren’t neutered I figured I’d let them get some testosterone in their systems and wait till they started spraying but they haven’t sprayed at all yet so they can keep em still (lol) However, it’s like having two teenage boys in the house, when they start wrestling it’s like the war of the Gargantuas haha running all over the place from tree tower to tree tower Pharaoh likes to wrestle with my feet while watching Netflix. So instead they Netflix & Chill at my house it’s Netflix & Foot Wrestling hahaha

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Also a reminder to make sure your vet doesn’t use Ketamine as the anesthesia. This breed has unfortunately seen an increase in heart issues and if there is an underlying heart issue (HCM) it can be fatal using Ketamine.

Sheldon13

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
It sounds like you have two perfect boys. Thanks for sharing their pictures!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello @HouseofNile and welcome to Sphynxlair! So glad you found us! What a pair of cuties you have there! Please enjoy the community! :)