Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Cat from Hell-Sphynx episode

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Just keep her busy and play w/her... Get LOTS of toys and keep some of the new ones, so you can bring them out when she gets bored with the old toys. They get bored after awhile and look for new stimulation.

You'll be fine, she's not a kitten but they do love to explore and play/interact with their person!

mrsgilbertini

Lairian
I have five children and two dogs, plenty of people to play with. I hope that she will be happy with us. There is very seldom a dull moment.

She is coming to our family, hopefully as a friend for my 10 year old daughter who finds it difficult to talk to people. I bet she will choose my husband who is not an animal person!

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
These people are ridiculous! Put away your toys (or art as you call them) and get the cat something to play with. Cats are inquisitive (sp) and like to explore. They don't just sit pretty all day and wait for you to want to play with them. I hope they never have kids...they'd be in for a big surprise then.

wolf30tx

Lairian
This episode was playing a couple weeks ago when we were watching animal planet and on cats 101 they talked about the sphynx cat breed and then this episode came on and my heart was hooked(never had been on sphynx cat before) and that was all she wrote. Fell for the breed and can't wait to welcome our first one into the family in the next week or two. Ours is also a almost 2 year old rehome. So exicited!!!!:BigSmile:

DoctorSpock

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This episode was playing a couple weeks ago when we were watching animal planet and on cats 101 they talked about the sphynx cat breed and then this episode came on and my heart was hooked(never had been on sphynx cat before) and that was all she wrote. Fell for the breed and can't wait to welcome our first one into the family in the next week or two. Ours is also a almost 2 year old rehome. So exicited!!!!:BigSmile:

Is that her/him in your avatar? Have you decided the name yet? Don't forget.... we wannah hear all about him/her when you finally get your "kid" and OH! LOTS OF PICS!:Wink:

wolf30tx

Lairian
Yes that is her. She comes with name Grace. I have a feeling that my two year daughter will call her "kitty galore", from cats and dogs 2, from time to time. I will be sure to post more about her and pics too. We have already gotten to see her twice now and she is a real sweetheart and very loving. Very needy but in the good way and very animated with her paws.

Boonecat

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
YAY, YOU GO, AVERY!!!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp: Keep making your parents chase you around the house:LOL:

Folks can't have their cake & eat it too. Get a curio cabinet to show off all the valuebles. They should've researched the breed beforehand.
What dinkleberries:Dizzy:

susi794

Staff member
Welcome to the Lair mrsgilbertini and wolf30tx ! Two more members of our online family of friends! Hurray! Please enjoy the site and keep us updated and pictured up (LOL) about your new family members! Can't wait to get to know you both better!
Susi and the gang (my 11 sphynx--6 adults, 1 sorta teenage one, and 4 babies)

susi794

Staff member
If Avery is their biggest problem, I want their lives! I'd like to tell them about some real anxiety, wouldn't all of you? LOL

Jocy24

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
If Avery is their biggest problem, I want their lives! I'd like to tell them about some real anxiety, wouldn't all of you? LOL

I here that! That's why I like coming home to my sphynxies. Give them a hug and my day is better. Let them all pile in my lap and reeellaaaxxx.

xAnnthia

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Its never the cats that need training/scolding in these. . .
Its the humans!
Research the breed beforehand and put all of your valuables where the kitty can't reach them.
Geez.

lunasmum

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Luna is the same as this cat if not worse lol shes got literally hundreds of toys atm but still plays with things she shouldnt, cought her running around with my partners prized limited edition transformer toy the other day lol shhh dont tell him haha

magber

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
:LOL::LOL:
How funny!

Welcome guys! Can't wait to see pictures and read stories about your babies!
This people needed someone to fix them and not the animal (which IS always the case!)

CANDYCANE

Lairian
I really couldnt understand what the owner's of avery had an issue with other than it was really more him having a issue about his one cat passing away and not being able to except the new cat just yet. Avery was acting pretty much like everyother sphynx i really didnt think she was bad at all..lol

Sphynx Happy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
This episode was my introduction to the show. I honestly think the guy had more of a problem with his cat passing and putting that onto Avery then Avery. My golly get a cat and expect it not to act like one. *shaking my head*

falaloo

Lairian
There have since been several episodes with Sphynx on them...and I gotta admit, I am always surprised to see them on the show, because I think Sphynx are PERFECT! And I find that the cat is acting out because, as other people have commented, the people didn't do their research about the breed before they decided to get one.

On a side note...I LOVE the show and I am a huge fan of Jackson. I think it is wonderful that he is able to help people with their cat "problems." We live in such a throw-away society....and I always think that, if not for him, a lot of these cats would end up in a shelter somewhere when their owners got tired of "dealing" with them.

Last edited:

beamom

Lairian
Gee, I guess I am missing out on some of the 'real' Sphynx experience. Bea is 11 yrs old, so definitely not a kitten or young cat. She is pretty mellow and laid back. I was wondering before I brought her home if she'd be jumping up on everything, but so far no. She does like running up and down the stairs and exploring, but hasn't gotten into too much mischief yet. Maybe when her diarrhea is gone and done with she will get a bit more active. She likes to play, but mostly before bedtime and last night she didn't seem to be in the mood for that for some reason.

Back