My cat is afraid of taking a bath :( | Sphynxlair

My cat is afraid of taking a bath :(

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by HaeaAlkhal, May 15, 2018.

1. HaeaAlkhal

HaeaAlkhalLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $156.58
    Ratings:
    +10
    My cat is so afraid of the water, what can I do to make him enjoy his bath :(:cry:

• Hugs Hugs x 2

• RoseEllen

RoseEllenLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $2,245.48
      Ratings:
      +325
      Can you describe his reaction? Ill just let you know that with my first cat, Bruce, he just stood in the water sort of confused and stunned. He definitely didnt love the water but didnt thrash and freak out either. But if i turned my back, he would make a dash for it. With my second cat, Logan (he’s only 4.5 months now), he HATES the water. He cries and desperately tries to get out the whole time, so I keep it very short. He may never love the water.. some cats just don’t. Just try your best to keep it short and as painless as possible! I put a few toys in the water first, this wind-up toy that swims and some others. Bruce will sit on the bathtub edge and watch intently, and he did that from the beginning. Also he loves bubbles, so that helped get him kind of curious. I’m still finding my way with Logan. I think distractions are best...

• HaeaAlkhal

HaeaAlkhalLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
      $156.58
      Ratings:
      +10
      Thank you for sharing. He does the same stuff Logan does. He tries to escape. Toys are good idea, I will try that & I have never tried bubble bath, I will give it a try. I was planning to fill the bathtub with water and keep the bathroom door open for him so he can get in and check it out by him self. Though I don't know if would help

• Hugs Hugs x 1
      • Toa and Ross

Toa and RossGold Lairian Notable Member

Sphynx Bucks:
        $189,309.39
        Ratings:
        +16,519
        Hi there, my crew (2 boys and 1 girl) hate their bath too. I tried everything: in the sink, in bath, filled with water, not filled with water, hot water, cold water, toys no toys. But they still hate it and fight to get away. Only thing that works for my crew is to work fast. I make sure everything is prepaired before I take them, one by one, to the bathroom. I wear exflotiating gloves to have a good grip and scrub them softly.
        Hope you find a way that works for your crew. Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
        • Gisele

GiseleLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
          $495.18
          Ratings:
          +36
          My Sasha is the same! I also prepare everything, exfoliating gloves on and then just get her clean within 5 minutes. She hates it, although she doesn't bite or hiss, she just screams like i'm killing her and tries to escape. I'm sure my neighbours must think I come home from work and just randomly decide to torture my cat once a week for 10 minutes!
          Sasha also hates having her feet touched so I try to get her nails clipped and ears cleaned in the same sitting. I have resigned to this way of life now, although I wish she was like the Sphynx you see in the videos playing in the bath.

• Like Like x 1
          • Hugs Hugs x 1