Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My cat paws my face..???

Crombie00

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My girl cat is always curious and on-the-go. Lately she has become quite fascinated by my mouth and eyes. She will place her paw on my face with claws out or appear to want to stratch or kneed?? What should I do? I try to redirect her and it works. My fear is she might do it while I sleep. I know it's probably her being curious. Not bad behavior or anything of the sort.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Not so sure it is a bad behavior or one you will eventually find unique and loving. Babas sleeps in my arms tight like a football and he will turn and stretch and touch my eyes and mouth and I adore it. I am always amazed how it melts my heart. Granted he does not play or keep me from sleeping, but it does make a lasting impression on my heart.

Patti

Last edited:

1sphynxlover

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pinky will touch our faces when she wants to be petted or snuggled. This is her way of getting our attention. Personally, I think it's cute. Pinky, is the only one of my Sphynx that does this. It's her special thing that's endearing to me.

Hairless Blessing

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
I think it's attention seeking. Izmae wakes me up every time she
comes back to bed after she's been up.
It doesn't matter if it's every 5 minutes or a few times a night.
She has to announce she's back. She expects rubs, kisses, and butt pats.
She has to make circles to headbutts, kiss, stand on my chest, head, face
or just whatever she wants.
It's all about her :smuggrin:

nfaerie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
At least she isnt pawing you in the face while you are sleeping! I had this happen a few times in winter, when cleo wanted to get under the blankets with me. I would be sound asleep and all of a sudden, i get a paw poke in the face, and there she is next to my bed lol

Crombie00

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I found something by google that discussed why they do this and it said they have glands in their paws and they will often do that to mark you as theirs. Also talked about wanting your attention too. Guess she doesn't realize she extends her claws out. Just going to have to kiss her then redirect I guess. Think she wont do it while I sleep. She is mommies little girl:)

Back