Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My cat peed on my bed for the first time. Should I be worried?

Slaurentia

Lairian
So I recently adopted a kitten named tofu. He is currently 4 months old, and has been with us for about 2 weeks.

He is active but also sleeps a lot. Has been vaccinated and last checked was healthy, just slightly underweight (has gained weight since he's with me).

He has no issue with litter box so far, we have 2 in the house. 1 in my room, and one downstairs. He sleeps in my room with me.

About an hour ago, I realized a wet spot on my bed. I'm not sure if I did dropped my water on it, or put my cold glass of juice on it, or he peed on it. But it smelled like him.

He was sleeping on the bed under my blanket, and I was working on my bed. I had a finished cup of fresh orange juice. He woke up, and licked the glass of orange juice residue for few seconds. (I didn't know its bad for cats until I googled it).

I then left my room to put the glass away, and came back to notice the wet spot. Not sure if he peed on it while he was under the blanket, or if it was after he licked the orange juice residue.

He is currently awake and playing around actively.

The wet spot smelled exactly like him. I'm pretty convinced it's his pee.

Should I be worried?

Note: He has never had issue with his litter box. And no, his litter box is not dirty. We always cleaned it up right after he uses it.

Attachments

• IMG_20200830_113011.jpg
    IMG_20200830_113011.jpg
    266.8 KB · Views: 21

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
Be sure to buy an enzymatic cleaner or they have been known to keep going in the same spot. Here is an example.
aaa7f18808dc11e1e903f40473d2d444.jpg

I’d keep a close eye on your baby and not freak. You could have just woken them up and delayed their normal run to the box to pee when you distracted with your glass. Keep an eye on litter box behaviors like constantly going in and out, straining etc or constantly not using the box. If you see that, if could be a UTI starting up and get to a vet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yoda mom

Staff member
keep a close eye on him. like mentioned if more frequent in and out of the litter box , with little or no output. some kitties get stress UTI's when newly brought home even when all appears fine. had this with one of my boys. I had one boy with a UTI (urinary tract infection). got meds, been 8 years and never uti again.
just something to keep an eye on.

enzyme cleaner mistermax anti icky poo, breeder recommended. may be available online. here in US apx $28 per gallon. I use it to launder pet bedding.

hugs n head smooches, following for updates

Attachments

• anti icky poo unscented.jpg
    anti icky poo unscented.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 19

Toa and Ross

Staff member
Sometimes this happens with kittens when they're asleep deeply. They pee on accident waking up too late. I happened with my baby girl Foxy 2 times, went to the vet and the vet said it happens a lot with kittens.

Sheldon13

Staff member
Hmm. I’m thinking of it was actually PEE smell it would be really obvious. I’m having my doubts it was pee. Has he done it again?

Love and Sphynx ~ It’s all you need

Back