Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My cat pooed on the end of the stairs why?

ninja4her

Lairian
So i get up this moring to smell a not so happy aroma. I put fresh litter in yesterday for the little guys and bandit my oldes pooed on the end of the stair this moring. The litter box is just in the next room. I don't get why. Maybe the other one was in there and he just could not wait. Any advise?

ninja4her

Lairian
No new changes that i know of same litter and it's in the same spot. So i'm at a loss on this one. He did it once before but i took and stirred up the litter and it was wet on top in one spot so i learned not to do that.

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
No new cats? Has the environment changed at all? Things moved around? Cats HATE change. My DSH will stop eating if the environment changes too much.

emmysmom10

Lairian
I just brought home a new kitty and to make sure both of them are comfortable I added a second litter box...it may help your kitties, just make sure to put them in it so they know its there...good luck!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Kitties can also be sensitive to changes in your schedule too. They can get upset if you're gone when you're supposed to be home.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Do you wash your litter box out really good when you change the litter. This may help. Also it might be a good idea to keep two litter boxes. I do that and haven't had any issues. I also scoop them once a day and if they lay a stinky one I get it immediatly and throw it out. I do a full litter box change and wash every week.