Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My darling sphynx has a cut on her neck...

Georgia Morris

Lairian
I have a beautiful sphynx cat called Audrey who is around 3 and a half years old.
About two weeks ago i found a cut on her neck which is quite deep and around 1cm squared in size.
It scabbed over quickly but every time she scratches behind her ear she reopens it so it isn't healing.
I've been keeping it clean by dabbing it with liquid antiseptic for animals and i've tried covering it with plasters, gauze and bandages and so on but nothing is working! She seems to scratch at everything till she can get it off.

Wondering if anyone knows any remedies or anything i can do to help it heal?
She doesn't seem bothered by it but it bleeds a fair bit when it is reopened.

Thanks so much in advance :)

Attachments

• IMG_3926.JPG
    IMG_3926.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 125

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
@Georgia Morris Welcome to The Lair! Sorry to hear that your baby is challenging your efforts to help heal that scratch. Not sure where on the neck this is, but did you think about purchasing a cone that usually helps unless it is directly where the scratch is. Feel free to share a pic of the scratched area as we might have some other ideas how to help.

BTW Audrey is beautiful.

Patti

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I have a beautiful sphynx cat called Audrey who is around 3 and a half years old.
About two weeks ago i found a cut on her neck which is quite deep and around 1cm squared in size.
It scabbed over quickly but every time she scratches behind her ear she reopens it so it isn't healing.
I've been keeping it clean by dabbing it with liquid antiseptic for animals and i've tried covering it with plasters, gauze and bandages and so on but nothing is working! She seems to scratch at everything till she can get it off.

Wondering if anyone knows any remedies or anything i can do to help it heal?
She doesn't seem bothered by it but it bleeds a fair bit when it is reopened.

Thanks so much in advance :)
I would get some antibiotic cream from your vet (pet safe) to help heal the wound and perhaps bandage it and place a soft collar on for a few days while it heals. Also, I see you use a cat collar, perhaps remove that to prevent irritation if you haven't already. If in fact the collar rubs the wound, not sure where the cut is located on the neck.

p-27435-44796-cat.jpg

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=19210

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair.
Sorry to hear your little one is being a bug. Good luck getting it all cleared up!

I'm not sure if it can be used on animals, someone correct me if it cant be, but what about skin glue?

roboat

Lairian
If you steep black tea in room temperature-cool water for half an hour, you can then dip a cloth in it and let it soak up. Gently hold in to your cats cut; for a minute or so and let it work into the skin a little bit. Black tea has natural healing properties in it for animals. Penelope scratched her face really badly when she was a young kitten and we did the tea thing twice a day and it seriously sped up the healing process for her! It was gone in no time!

Back