Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Family

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
First off they all tell me how ugly Jack is. The secret is they have no idea how many cats I have. They think I have Jack only. They never come here so I never really cared but today one of my family members tried to start stuff and say I just bought a 400 cat and was bragging about it on facebook. Total LIE. First off I would LOVE if Santana was 400 dollars LOL. Second I don't say much about the cats on facebook because my family is stupid and hate naked cats! Sorry just a vent but they need to be banned to the "island"

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Pooey on your family...they sound ignorant. My family first thought I was nuts for getting an "ugly" hairless cat but since they've gotten to know Piglet, they all love her now and consider her "part of the family". My 7-year-old niece especially adores Piglet! Sounds like your family just don't realize how cool your hairless kitties really are.

MontyBurns

Lairian
Oh gosh I was also getting drama on my facebook with my family calling Mr. Burns ugly...it makes me sooooo angry, so I put those that don't like him in a separate friends list so they don't see his photo album. HMPH! Some people don't understand...your cats are gorgeous! Bottom line.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I made it so the rumor person is still my friend but can no longer see my facebook really. Blocked from everything.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
From the sounds of it, you may have trouble rehoming your family members with the negative attitude. It would take a saint to rehab them. :Wink:

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
DRIVES ME NUTS when family think your business is their business!!!! Keep your nose in your own house- hello! :)

i used to get stuff ALL the time about how much we paid for our Bully. who care, we had the money at the time... keep our of my funds :)

i know my family don't really care for my babies either (my uncle calls them "foreskin" LOL!) i just post more pictures and talk more about them! they're my babies not theirs. don't come over and see them if you don't like them.

Totally wrong for them to even worry about you and your babies. i'd tell them to shove it- although i'm sensitive over the protection of my lovies :)

My aunt once said "it's cute that you have those naked cats but once you have REAL children, you're going to give them away right?"

I really dislike that woman :( she doesn't get it.

Bella07

Banned
Ooohhhh :Angry: I'd be mad with all those comments too! My friends think I am crazy for wanting to spend over a thousand dollars on a Sphynx....in their minds, why don't I buy a new big flat screen TV instead? Or renovate my bathroom with that money? Or take a nice vacation somewhere? I could...they give me a list of a million things I could do with all that money.

Some people just don't understand it....it's their loss, not mine.

Melonie

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I think it would be different if I were struggling or had bills to pay but I am doing well! Its MY money! I can be a crazy cat lady if I want to!

Hairlesslove

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Happens to me all the time! It makes me really mad because they just don't understand how much we love him! He is our baby!

I'm the crazy Sphynx lady!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL: