My fiance hates my sphynx! | Sphynxlair

My fiance hates my sphynx!

Discussion in 'Sphynx Cat Questions?' started by sydkat7, May 6, 2009.

1. sydkat7

sydkat7V.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Okay, maybe the word "hate" is a little harsh, but my fiance sure doesn't seem to like her! The other day, Piglet jumped on his lap (as she does with everybody...she loves people!) and tried to rub her face on his stubbly chin (as ilovemysphynx said would happen in another thread).

My fiance panicked, saying, "Get this thing off of me!"
    I replied, "Awww...she's just trying to love you."
    He then said, "I don't want her loving me...get her off!"
    I asked, "Don't you like her?"
    He then said, "No, she's ugly....and hairless."
    I replied, "Oh, come on...don't be such a wussy...she's so cute. Let her at least sit on your lap."
    He said, "Well, that what her mommy is here for; I don't want her on me!"

Granted, my fiance isn't a cat person...as a matter of fact, he's not much of an animal person, but he's friendly and somewhat affectionate with my two Siamese cats (he's especially fond of Reno, my male cat)...so why isn't he that way with my Sphynx?

When I first got Piglet, I figured that it might take him a while to get used to her, but it's been three months now and he's still acting squeamish around her. My fiance is a manly athletic guy and typically not afraid of anything; he's also very tolerant and accepting of most people/animals. So I don't understand his dislike of Piglet, especially as she's the most outgoing and friendliest out of all my three cats!

If anybody has any feedback or suggestions about my dilemma, I'd sure appreciate it! It makes me sad that the man I love hates my new baby. :tinysmile_cry_t:

2. sassyskye79

sassyskye79Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $563.08
    Ratings:
    +20
    The same thing happened to me. I was living in another state when I met my husband. He didn't even want me to bring my little Jazelle. I told him it was a package deal! He was not to happy but now he LOVES her! He buys her all kinds of stuff and has little names for her. So I would say give him time. I am sure he will learn to love her. People are funny about these cats. They are a little funny to look at in the begining but we as owners are so used to them and adore them. I think in time he will appriciate her as much as you do. :tinysmile_grin_t:

3. ElGatoLoco

ElGatoLocoV.I.P Lairian V.I.P Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $2,464.20
    Ratings:
    +993
    That's too bad. My mother does the same thing. My mother has been around my cat hundreds of times but I swear she's only touched it once. She's yelled at it about a million times though. ButterBall really likes my dad. He'll sit on his lap all day. What's not to love about these little critters? I think Robert Deniro said it best in Meet the Parents "You have to earn a cat's affection". As for the beard thing. ButterBall has mastered that maneuver. I call it ButterBall's beard and bowel maneuver because he always does it right after a bowel movement.

Some of my mothers favorite sayings:
    "STOP THAT"
    "GET"
    "GET DOWN FROM THERE"
    "DO YOU HAVE DIARRHEA?"
    "GET OUT OF MY FLOWERS"
    "GET THIS CAT OUT OF MY POTTED PLANTS!"

As I sit here typing ButterBall is digging around in the litter box. I accidentally left the scoop hanging partly in the litter box. Without fail, when I do that he does a movement right on it.

Don't know if I posted this picture yet but here's a picture just for the heck of it. Notice my cool ButterBall t-shirt. I photoshopped his head out of one of my pics and made a few copies and randomly ironed them on a t-shirt.

[​IMG]

4. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $277,148.88
    Ratings:
    +17,643
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Well, this is like the third story ive heard about someone or another not liking our babies, thats it, ive had it!:tinysmile_angry2_t: I guess you have all noticed I added a new forum "sphynx rescue", well im going to add another forum here "human rescue"!
    Feel free to leave your wife or husband, grandma, grandpa, aunt or uncle, friends and neighbors up for "free to a good home"!!!
    Please leave
    sex

any known illnesses

contact information

get's along with other animals (obviously not!)

likes children

known biter

P.S. i hope this helps sydkat7 :tinysmile_twink_t:

5. Squishy

SquishyLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.00
    Ratings:
    +5
    Admin you are so funny!!

Coming to this website depresses me. I'm never going to find a Sphynxy to rescue...:tinysmile_cry_t:

6. admin

adminAdministrator Staff Member

Sphynx Bucks:
    $277,148.88
    Ratings:
    +17,643
    • Pig
    • Venus Fly trap
    • Black Sphynx
    • Skull head
    Im sure you will find a new sphynx squishy, don't rush it, it will be worth the wait.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

7. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Squishy,

I left you a message about how I got my rescue sphynx (on the rescue sphynx thread) with helpful links, but admin hasn't posted it yet. :tinysmile_cry_t:

8. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    LMAO!!! That's funny, admin. What's that saying, "I got a sphynx for my boyfriend; I think I made a good trade."

or this one:

"My boyfriend (or husband, or wife, or whoever...insert your sphynx-hating relative here) asked me to choose between him and my sphynx....I will miss my boyfriend."

9. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    Sassyskye, I do hope you're right, but so far it doesn't look promising. At least my fiance hasn't asked me to give up my sphynx...he's smarter than that, because he knows that I'll ALWAYS choose my cats over him...LOL!

10. sydkat7

Sphynx Bucks:
    $476.00
    Ratings:
    +658
    ElGato, LOVE your ButterBall t-shirt....you are always so creative! As for your mom, both she and my fiance need to get a clue...LOL! :tinysmile_twink_t:

11. Moonstone

MoonstoneLairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $471.00
    Ratings:
    +6
    so funny idea !

:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

the boyfriend of my daughter doesn't like her sphynx (a baby of my caline)
    I should give her this idea !
    :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

12. kalliee129

kalliee129Senior Lairian Senior Lairian

Sphynx Bucks:
    $371.02
    Ratings:
    +56
    Squishy if you want to rescue a sphynx go to petfinder.com. They reguarly have sphyx cats there that need good homes for one reason or another. Before I found Meecho I searched it religously trying to find one.