Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Friend Freya!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
In the "is your cat lovable" thread I answered no for Freya. I need to change that.

First she is lovable no matter her personality, we all need love in this world. I had come to accept Freya as an independent soul who would never be the lapcat I had hoped, but accepted her on her own terms.

However she has made a complete 180 in the last few weeks. Some of it is due I'm sure to her feeling better. I hope too that she has come to realize that this is her home, and we love her and it's okay to be comfortable around us. But mostly I thank you all here at the lair for the advice and encouragement and the support when I really had given up on the idea of being friends with her. I was quite envious of the relationships you all seem to have with your babies. (Yep I am ashamed to admit it)

Lately, she plays like a kitten, she has taken to sitting on me whenever I am on the computer, making it impossible to spell properly:Laugh: every morning she meets me in the kitchen mewing for her canned food and Lysine. and she has even slept with the kids a couple of nights. It's as if I have a new cat! I know these sound like minor things, but for us it is huge. I have a new friend at last and it is wonderful. I am finally starting to see the behaviors you guys describe in your sphynx.

I just wanted to share and say thank you to a great group of people!:ThumbsUp:

Last edited:

Inferno12

Banned
That is so awesome! You may be envious of our relationships but you will soon have a relationship that most of us will never know. Im sure as time will pass your relationship is only going to grow stronger!

Congrats :BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile::BigSmile:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awwww...that made me well up with tears. I'm so happy for the both of you. I'm sure it's jsut as wonderful for her.
Yep that's the best part! I hated seeing her so unhappy (at least I perceived her as unhappy) It is amazing to watch her personality develop and know she feels better:ThumbsUp:

Bella07

Banned
I am so happy for you! That is wonderful!
I know how you feel though. One of my cats doesn't like to let me hold her or pet her. It must be on "her" terms. But, when she does come up to me....she is such a love bug! It always makes me smile. I love it!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
i briefly recall from another thread....why wasn't she feeling well?
In a nutshell~ I got her as a CL rehome, no history. She had severe worms (throwing up piles of em:Badly:) and diarhhea. she had layers of grime and oil on her and in her ears. And she had a mouth infection with ulcers.:ThumbsDown:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
In a nutshell~ I got her as a CL rehome, no history. She had severe worms (throwing up piles of em:Badly:) and diarhhea. she had layers of grime and oil on her and in her ears. And she had a mouth infection with ulcers.:ThumbsDown:

poeey - I'm so glad she is feeling better! :ThumbsUp:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
YAY! I'm so happy for you :BigSmile:

My baby is still taking his time, but when I look back 9 monthsd to when we got him and how he is now I'm amazed at his progress.

Soon she'll be your bestest friend ever and you to will be amazed at the progress made, congratulations for what you have achieved with her so far, i couldn't be more happy for you!

X

Back