Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My furry kitty...

DeeNicole

Lairian
Hopefully Scully will be joined by a not-so-furry companion within the next few months! She's the sweetest old lady you'll ever meet....currently cuddled up to me on the bed!

XbXaNPg.jpg

rrSeLMe.jpg

SNAT0lP.jpg

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh wow a little red girl which I believe is quite rare here in the UK , almost all Red /Ginger kitties are male no one can explain why
My baby boy Mr Billbo Bagins is a red stripe sphynx and he is very mischievous ah
I do hope you find your naked baby real soon
I do love your little girl you are blessed
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

DeeNicole

Lairian
Oh wow a little red girl which I believe is quite rare here in the UK , almost all Red /Ginger kitties are male no one can explain why
My baby boy Mr Billbo Bagins is a red stripe sphynx and he is very mischievous ah
I do hope you find your naked baby real soon
I do love your little girl you are blessed
Xxx❤️❤️❤️

Yes, it's rare to find a female orange tabby here too! I was lucky to get her!

Awww I'd love a red stripe sphynx! I've seen photos and they're just too adorable. I hope I can find one soon, Scully would love a little buddy!

Yoda mom

Staff member
I keep looking at gorgeous Scully!
Absoutely adorable ! Those eyes amd color amazing!

Any updates on your sphynx search?

DeeNicole

Lairian
I keep looking at gorgeous Scully!
Absoutely adorable ! Those eyes amd color amazing!

Any updates on your sphynx search?

Aww she says thank you <3

And I've been casually keeping my eye on some Texas breeders! There are a couple who will have kittens available in July, and that will work perfectly because I'll (hopefully!) be moved and employed in Austin by then.

Planning on reaching out to local shelters to ask if there are any rescue Sphynx available as well. And I plan to reach out to breeders about their retired cats too!

All the while I'm putting away every spare penny I can LOL

Soulsinabottle

Lairian
She is gorgeous.

Yeah the gene that lets cats be red is linked to a male chromosome hence why so few females are ginger cats. I love her eyes though, they look like the sun through honey.

Ginger cats are my fave furry kitties. <3

DeeNicole

Lairian
She is gorgeous.

Yeah the gene that lets cats be red is linked to a male chromosome hence why so few females are ginger cats. I love her eyes though, they look like the sun through honey.

That’s interesting, I didn’t ever know why gingers were almost always male!

I love her so much, she’s such a pretty, unique looking cat and she is just the sweetest.

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
She is gorgeous.

Hi there thank you so much for that info I also wondered why ginger kitties were mainly male
❤️❤️❤️xxx

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Your Scully is quite pretty indeed! Did you name her after Dana Scully from The X-Files? How is your hunt for a naked sibling for Scully going?

DeeNicole

Lairian
Your Scully is quite pretty indeed! Did you name her after Dana Scully from The X-Files? How is your hunt for a naked sibling for Scully going?

Yes! I love The X-Files haha.

And I'm keeping my eye on some Texas breeders, but I won't actually be getting my Sphynx until after I move to a new apartment this summer. Don't want to worry about moving two cats lol! Plus, that might be stressful for the new kitty if I move them around too much too soon.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh, I'm so glad the Philes haven't gone extinct! I was so thrilled when Fox decided to do the new season this year! Has it aired over there for you in the UK yet? Or I suppose these days lots of times you can stream shows online too, can't you?

I think waiting until after you get settled into your new place will be a very good idea before you get the new kitty. It will probably lessen the stress for Scully and the kitten.

DeeNicole

Lairian
Oh, I'm so glad the Philes haven't gone extinct! I was so thrilled when Fox decided to do the new season this year! Has it aired over there for you in the UK yet? Or I suppose these days lots of times you can stream shows online too, can't you?

I think waiting until after you get settled into your new place will be a very good idea before you get the new kitty. It will probably lessen the stress for Scully and the kitten.

Oh I'm in the US, so yeah it has aired! I've had it DVR'd so between classes and work, I'm slowly chipping away at catching up. I have enjoyed what I've seen though! Loved the original series, I watched it probably 4 times on Netflix lol!

Back