Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Furry's story

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I have a furry named Dexter. He has a sad beginning with a happy ending.

He is 2.5 years old and is sorta a rescue. My mom found a female cat that she watched get dumped out in a closed cardboard box that had other kittens/cats in it :Cry: She was able to catch one, when she opened up the box, which she named Boots. We didn't know Boots was pregnant until.....SURPRISE!!!! Boots had 4 babies and by 4 weeks they were all dead, save one. We weren't sure what happened other than Mom (?) suffocated one and then 3 of them just became really anemic and lethargic. When we took the 3 to the vet it was too late except for Dexter who was not as sick as all the rest. We never really did find out what happened to them, we decided to take them home and burry them in the back yard as we didn't want their poor little bodies cut up for a necropsy - it's not like Boots was to be a Queen. From the way Boots was dumped out, we figured she just wasn't as healthy as she could have been and the babies didn't really have much of a chance. For some reason, Dexter wasn't as sick as the others but he was still sick. My mom and I took turns nursing him back to health and hubby and I decided to keep Dexter and then we had Boots spayed immediately.

This is my Dexter:

Gizzymom

Banned
I have a furry named Dexter. He has a sad beginning with a happy ending.

He is 2.5 years old and is sorta a rescue. My mom found a female cat that she watched get dumped out in a closed cardboard box that had other kittens/cats in it :Cry: She was able to catch one, when she opened up the box, which she named Boots. We didn't know Boots was pregnant until.....SURPRISE!!!! Boots had 4 babies and by 4 weeks they were all dead, save one. We weren't sure what happened other than Mom (?) suffocated one and then 3 of them just became really anemic and lethargic. When we took the 3 to the vet it was too late except for Dexter who was not as sick as all the rest. We never really did find out what happened to them, we decided to take them home and burry them in the back yard as we didn't want their poor little bodies cut up for a necropsy - it's not like Boots was to be a Queen. From the way Boots was dumped out, we figured she just wasn't as healthy as she could have been and the babies didn't really have much of a chance. For some reason, Dexter wasn't as sick as the others but he was still sick. My mom and I took turns nursing him back to health and hubby and I decided to keep Dexter and then we had Boots spayed immediately.

This is my Dexter:

Is he named after Dexter Morgan??? :ThumbsUp:

Back