Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

my gotcha day!

Shannonartsy

Lairian
Hello there yesterday was a big day for us, we finally got our new baby Mew!

upload_2016-10-19_11-39-25.png

Our story started in mid September when we first picked her from a batch of two litters born here in Denver close to home. The second I saw her little face and perfect stripes I had to have her. It has been a long wait and she was ready to come home on the 6th of October but we went on Vacation the 12th through yesterday evening. Originally we were not supposed to get her till tonight but the breeders were kind enough to let us come last night! She is the sweetest little girl and very adventurous and outgoing. She also loves to climb and be perched in high places, good thing my boyfriend is tall!

upload_2016-10-19_11-32-42.png

We have 2 other kitties and a dog (who is a little too hyper even for his own good) and of course bringing in a new baby it was a little hectic but overall she held her own and was very friendly towards all the others. It was so funny to watch her "puff up" with the dog as if to tell him "I may be small but I can hold my own!" After a couple hours things started to calm down a bit and she was ready for bed. She switched back and forth between sleeping under my chin and under my boyfriends. It was the sweetest thing! She is such an amazing critter and an excellent addition to our family I can't wait to tell more stories and watch her grow!

upload_2016-10-19_11-38-17.png

upload_2016-10-19_11-40-1.png

Attachments

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Shannonartsy welcome to sphynxlair! Congratulations with Mew. Mew is gorgeous. Can imagine you fell in love with her the minute you saw her. What beautiful stripes she has.
Happy to hear she settles in well and knows how to deal with the dog.
Love all the pics. Always makes me smile when I see parrot sphynx:).

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Congrats...your life has officially changed forever! That little face is precious. I am looking forward to all of the pics me stories you plan on sharing with us.

Patti

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Mew is stunning. My goodness. What a happy family! And she's going to love Boyfriend's beard!!! Congrats!

lealea

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations! She is cute and very bold by the looks of your video, quite a little character already! You are going to have such fun with her as a new member of your family. Mew is a little darling and totally gorgeous.

Meggymason

Lairian
how awesome, what a cutie! My gotcha day was three days ago and my boyfriend and I got a little boy sphynx. I noticed you're from Aurora, small world I'm from Denver! Looking forward to your posts!