Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

my grandcat, my grandson, and me

want a sphynx

Lairian
Hi all, since I am new here, I thought I'd tell you all a bit about myself. I am retired from psychiatric nursing, had a stroke, have lupus, epilepsy, and neuropathy... and love my life! I have the most wonderful daughter and son in law, and grandson.... and grandcat. My daughter was/is a nurse practitioner who is on temporary disability until they get her seizures stabilized. (YES, she has them too, in fact she is the 4th generation in my maternal family to have epilepsy) My grandson will be 9 on Oct. 15th. He has Aspergers, but is doing very well with it , he was having a VERY hard time with socialization until he asked for, and got, a Ragdoll cat about 9 months ago. He asked for a CAT, but my daughter researched breeds, and decided a calm, laid back ragdoll would be best suited for Dylan, as he has problems with hyper moving animals. So they bought Jack from a wonderful breeder in New Hampshire, and Jack has brought Dylan right out of his shell. The change is amazing! I never would have believed a cat could do it, but I have seen it with my own eyes! What a difference!

Anyway, I have a really good lead on a sphynx, thanks to a PM here, and hopefully will be showing you pics of MY new cat soon!

I like it here, LOOOOVE sphynx cats, and can't wait to have one to cuddle with!

Here is a couple of pics, first, my two dogs, Tiara and Abbie, toy poodles, then my grandson Dylan, and then my grandcat, Jack.....

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome! Your grandson, poodle, and Ragdoll kitty are very cute. It sounds like you've dealt with a lot in your life but still have a great attitude. I hope all goes well and you'll be able to adopt your new sphynx cat soon.

Just to let you know, you should have put this post in the "My Sphynx Cat Tail" section; that's where new members usually introduce themselves, with or without a new sphynx.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice to meet you want a sphynx. Your pictures were grand and sounds like you have a wonderful family!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello want a sphynx and welcome! I hope you find a great sphynx, you will enjoy them!

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the Lair! It's one of the friendliest places you will ever find!

Your family are gorgeous and i love your positive outlook on everything :BigSmile: can't wait to hear more about getting a sphynx....they're the most wonderful babies ever!

X

Candys

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Nice to meet you, Tiara, Abbie, Dylan and Ragdoll. My son was diagnosed with Autism, then Asbergers, then ADHD, and now no one is really sure - but he does have developmental and social disorders. Having a Sphynx has helped him to slow down and respect. Dylan looks like a gem. Glad you found the Lair.:BigSmile:

Welcome and thank you for sharing! What a wonderful family you have including animals! Even better to get to add a Sphynx! So wonderful to read about your grandson (who is adorable btw) and his special ragdoll kitty friend. Animals are amazing and can touch our lives in so many ways. Look forward to seeing pictures of your Sphynx!!

Back