Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Izzy

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor Izzy has a really bad urinary tract infection. She didn't show any signs of it until this past weekend. This past Saturday, we caught her peeing on Stella's bed. I knew something was wrong right there. When Sunday came around, I noticed she was peeing very little, and walked from box to box. No doubt I was going to take her in on Monday. Monday morning rolls around and I noticed her walking from box to box, squatting, with nothing coming out. I felt so bad for her! She was trying to go, but couldn't. We took her in that day and they wanted to do a urine sample on her. Problem was, she wouldn't pee so they had to keep her for two nights. :Cry: It was so lonely in this house without our Izzy! Stella missed her badly, too. It was so good to hear that it was not blockage. She ended up peeing on her own over night, which allowed us to bring her home today! With some antibiotics, she will be lots better. We're a complete family again.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you both! Poor Stella won't leave Izzy alone, though. She missed her and just wants to follow her around. She's not harassing her, but she'll get close and watch Izzy's every movement. I think she's afraid she'll leave again. :(

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope she feel better.
My Coco got a bad Uti when she was 14.
When we would top the antibiotic the infection would come back within 2 months.
Hers was E-Colo with bladder stones the first time.
Watch Izzy carefuly.
My Coco has been on Baytril for a year it is the only way the infection does not come back.
Has your vet done a ultrasound to rule stones out.
Coco also had a thick bladder and would have blood.
We tried many antibiotics before we found one that would help Coco.
Is your cat on Clavamox?

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I hope she feel better.
My Coco got a bad Uti when she was 14.
When we would top the antibiotic the infection would come back within 2 months.
Hers was E-Colo with bladder stones the first time.
Watch Izzy carefuly.
My Coco has been on Baytril for a year it is the only way the infection does not come back.
Has your vet done a ultrasound to rule stones out.
Coco also had a thick bladder and would have blood.
We tried many antibiotics before we found one that would help Coco.
Is your cat on Clavamox?

Poor Coco. :( I'm really sorry to hear that. They did not do an ultrasound, but are convinced it is a bad urinary tract infection that will be treated with antibiotics. They said she did not have a full bladder and that it was at its normal size. She is on Clavamox. Thanks for sharing about Coco. In case more problems develop, I will know someone who has had experience and will be able to give me a heads up of what to expect.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
The other day I noticed Izzy trying to go in the litter box, but hardly anything came out (urine). She would exit the litter box, then walk back in it trying to go. I called the vet immediately and she gave me more Clavamox to use. Izzy has been on c/d since her first visit. Since her new prescription, she seems to be acting fine. The vet told me that if she starts up again after she is done with this prescription that I need to bring her back in and have her rechecked. They would do more analysis and sending it off to the University. Our poor Izzy :Sad:

Attachments

• 426.jpg
    426.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 17
Back