Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Job

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
So I am a manager for Hot Topic and I was just informed of this

Hot Topic News Release

So now who knows what the future holds :Question:

I feel a little :Sick: with Gulliver and his HCM and Bacon and his tummy troubles, I can't afford to lose my job.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Unfortunately it wouldn't make sense for the company to tell anyone right before the Holiday season and have a bunch of sad employees working the busiest time of year, or quitting :ThumbsDown: Just got to hope for the best

tessblack

Banned
Oh hope it turns out ok. I know the feeling there is some things happening here that we may not race next year and that would mean both Hubby and I out of jobs. It is scary out there that is for sure.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh hope it turns out ok. I know the feeling there is some things happening here that we may not race next year and that would mean both Hubby and I out of jobs. It is scary out there that is for sure.

That is scary.... Well lets all hope for a good 2011!

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Sorry to hear this. :(

Isn't there anyway for you to find out if your shop has done well or bad by the way?
IF you are about to loose your job it's better to know asap so you get more time to find a new one.

Hoping all turns out good for you.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
yikes thats scary. If you're a manager, i would maybe apply for other sale's manager jobs at other stores. maybe have a 2nd line up, just in case.

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh wow, I hadn't seen that. I'm so sorry I hope you don't loose it.

It worries me a bit too because I'm a sales associate at the Hot Topic here.

I wouldn't worry too much, I think we are all okay until the Holiday's are over, then I guess we figure it out from there. I think the best thing to do right now is to do the best we can this holiday season!!

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
yikes thats scary. If you're a manager, i would maybe apply for other sale's manager jobs at other stores. maybe have a 2nd line up, just in case.

If I lose my job at HT then I am out of retail for good! I love HT but I just don't have it in me to keep going in retail if it's not there. I'm just going to work my butt off this holiday and hope for the best :ThumbsUp:

laurame

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What??? This is crazy!! I LOVE Hot Topic!!! I alone am probably keeping my Hot Topic in business. LOL!!! Come to Texas...the HT stores here are always busy :)

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
What??? This is crazy!! I LOVE Hot Topic!!! I alone am probably keeping my Hot Topic in business. LOL!!! Come to Texas...the HT stores here are always busy :)

My brother lives in Austin, we really want to move there!!! but at least one of us has to find a job there before we can just pack up and go

Inferno12

Banned
This is terrible. I had no idea that people are in the same position. I guess you just never know.

I will be laid off for two weeks at the beginning of December because the Government wont make a commitment to hire us full time so we are permanent seasonals which means they only guarantee to pay us for 18 pay periods out of 26 pay periods. They have decided that they need to lay us off for a pay period. This is why I didnt get to participate in the secret santa. Its only for one pay period this year so I guess I feel lucky knowing that I will have a job to come back to but that doesnt pay the mortgage.

I hope that all of you can either keep your jobs or find a new one if you cant. I will be sending good thoughts to all of you in the same situation

ckutkuhn7

Banned
It is scary out there. Sorry to hear about this. I personally LOVE HT but being unemployed for nearly a year now hasn't allowed me to indulge. Goodluck,,I hope it works out for you!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I hope this all turns out ok for all of you. What are the chances of having 2 members that work at Hot Topic.
I must say you all would have got a kick out of me in that store trying to buy earings for our son he has the small ones so I go in and ask for a number whatever I thought I had it right and the guy showed me what they had :LOL: well I was off like 20 numbers because what he showed me would have fit around his wrist :LOL:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I hope this all turns out ok for all of you. What are the chances of having 2 members that work at Hot Topic.
I must say you all would have got a kick out of me in that store trying to buy earings for our son he has the small ones so I go in and ask for a number whatever I thought I had it right and the guy showed me what they had :LOL: well I was off like 20 numbers because what he showed me would have fit around his wrist :LOL:

LMAO!!! Your so cute :BigSmile: I hope they helped you out!! We are very understanding of parents, I just appreciate that they try to understand their kids :ThumbsUp: ( I don't even understand some of them :LOL: ) Just remember the smaller the number the bigger the earring!!

LMAO!!! Your so cute :BigSmile: I hope they helped you out!! We are very understanding of parents, I just appreciate that they try to understand their kids :ThumbsUp: ( I don't even understand some of them :LOL: ) Just remember the smaller the number the bigger the earring!!

I've had grandmothers in the store who are Christmas shopping and trying to figure out the size. They bring in pictures and ask me "what size is this?"

I show gift cards to them lol.

TotenEngel

Banned
I had a store in Camden selling piercing jewellery and I used to love it when the kids sent their parents in (even though they were usually around my age!!)
I set up a 'wish list' on my site so people could ask parents/grandparents what they wanted and they could get it right!!!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
I think I had the number part backwards:LOL: oh well just glad he never wet to big and is back to regular size earings :Wink: much easier to buy.

Back