Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My kitten is threw up

Tale Grude

Lairian
Hi!

My kitten has been playing around and being really energetic this eveing, which she always is. And I gave her some food before we're heading to bed. And then she went potty, jumped out and suddenly threw up! I don't know why. Could it be cause she's been running around then eating directly afterwards? She seems fine now though and she is eating again. She has never thrown up before.. I get so worried.

MollysMom

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Keep a close eye. Make sure that she is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping. Sometimes they eat too fast and that can happen. If it happens again or she has runny poop, give the vet a call. Try not to panic, mine throw up sometimes too.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I wouldn't panic. We have seen this happen before. Lots of playing on a full stomach is not always a great combination. As long as she is looking and acting normal, I think everything will be fine. As always keep track of any other odd behaviors, but as long as they are eating, drinking and using the litter box try not to worry.

Patti

Tale Grude

Lairian
Right after she threw up she was back to normal again. So maybe she just ate a bit to fast. But she is eating and drinking now. And she wants to play more, so I think she is fine. It just freaked me out at first. I thought she was choking!

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
There was a great evening sequence that I thought was a good idea: play, feed and then bed. I can't remember who had this routine but it seemed to me to be a good one.

curlysue

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Don't panic!!! Hairy is notorious for this playing rough, eating and then puking! The puking part looks so painful as there body dose a rolling thing. As long as he is eating, drinking, peeing and pooping as usual I would say things are find.

So this maybe TMI but what grosses me out is Hairry puking newly eaten food and Fuzzy coming right behind him wanting to eat it before I can get to it with a paper towel. :spitoutdummy::spitoutdummy:

Last edited by a moderator:

Tale Grude

Lairian
Thanks guys! She seems fine! She has been eating and drinking as usual :) I think she was just a little too excited and the ate way too much. But it was truly horrific to watch. I was so scared! I have never seen a cat throw up before! Poor girl..

Tale Grude

Lairian
By the way, does anyone recommend a certain type of wipes I can use inbetween baths? Cause I feel like wipes doesn't really do all that much. Nothing is more effective than a bath, hehe.

gaigeschaos

Lairian
My boy did this the other day - he was playing crazy and then wolfed down a bunch of food and promptly threw it all back up. He was fine otherwise, I think he just ate too fast. !!
In between baths I use pampers sensitive wipes and wet paper towels for eye boogers!! :cat:

Back