Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My kitty is sick - again.

Fountainrunner

Lairian
My kitty caught a mild case of URI from his long flight here at 12 weeks old and the vet put him on meds (which he took for 14 days). That was in late September and here we are in the second week of November and he seems to have another case of it. But this time around his eyes are always full of green mucus with some discharge from his nose too and he sneezes a bit. I'd take him to the vet immediately but I'm without my car at the moment. I just don't understand why he's always sick. Am I doing something wrong here? The vet said he was a healthy cat but it doesn't seem normal to be always catching a bug.

I know he'll have to go on meds again once I'm finally able to get him to the vet. And with the holidays coming up I was debating whether to take him to a pet sitter or take him on the road with me to visit my family several states away. Both scenarios would be stressful for him but at least with me I'd be sure he was getting his meds (and a lot of love and attention). Advice please.

Pbinky

Banned
My kitty caught a mild case of URI from his long flight here at 12 weeks old and the vet put him on meds (which he took for 14 days). That was in late September and here we are in the second week of November and he seems to have another case of it. But this time around his eyes are always full of green mucus with some discharge from his nose too and he sneezes a bit. I'd take him to the vet immediately but I'm without my car at the moment. I just don't understand why he's always sick. Am I doing something wrong here? The vet said he was a healthy cat but it doesn't seem normal to be always catching a bug.

I know he'll have to go on meds again once I'm finally able to get him to the vet. And with the holidays coming up I was debating whether to take him to a pet sitter or take him on the road with me to visit my family several states away. Both scenarios would be stressful for him but at least with me I'd be sure he was getting his meds (and a lot of love and attention). Advice please.

The quicker you get him to a vet the better chance he will recover completely. i've never heard of green discharge from the eyes. You need to get him seen ASAP. Take a taxi or ask a neighbor. Do you have him on Lysine supplement? You should since your kitty is susceptible URI. My boys are as well and i keep them on Lysine everyday. Please let us know how it goes.

ultra_stella

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry to hear that he's sick again. :Cry: I hope you are able to figure out what might be contributing to these episodes. We'll be sending you positive vibes.

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I would get him to the vet as soon as you can.
The green discharge sounds like a infection.
Sometimes you have to try a few antibiotics before you find one that works well.

Fountainrunner

Lairian
The quicker you get him to a vet the better chance he will recover completely. i've never heard of green discharge from the eyes. You need to get him seen ASAP. Take a taxi or ask a neighbor. Do you have him on Lysine supplement? You should since your kitty is susceptible URI. My boys are as well and i keep them on Lysine everyday. Please let us know how it goes.

The green stuff is mucus just like you'd get in your nose. I'll look into the Lysine supplements. Thank you.

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Your not doing anything wrong, your being a good and attentive parent. No matter how much I take care of Meecho she is constantly getting colds, sometimes it just happens. I hope your baby gets better soon though, but never doubt yourself:ThumbsUp:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I know its discouraging. I hope they figure out what is going on with him and fix it for good.

Back