Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Little Ren

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Last Thursday I had to cut my heart from my chest. My Little Ren had abdominal cancer. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was to make the decision to let him go before he started suffering more than he already did. I held him as he left; he had given me all of himself and the least I could do was to let him die, humanely, in the arms of the person he loved.

And I'm not the only one who mourns Little Ren. My Pedda has been clinging to me and howling since last Thursday afternoon. I keep holding her and trying to comfort her but it doesn't seem to help. I don't know what to do to make her feel better.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So much loss lately, these cats touch us so deeply. I am truly sorry for the grief your family is enduring. I believe the decision you made, though difficult, is the most loving choice. Poor little Pedda, I am so sorry she is going through this as well.

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I'm so sorry for your loss, my deepest sympathies for your pain and also my great admiration for making the decision that was best for your beautiful boy.

Sending big hugs X

admin

Administrator
Staff member
We are sorry about your loss Marlene, Ren is in Sphynx heaven now playing with all the other sphynx and having a wonderful time! your story of Ren was great by the way.

MissMySphynxBoys

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Marlene, I am sending you good thoughts. Loving and letting go of a sphynx is not easy on the heart. I'm sure Ren knew he was loved.

susi794

Staff member
I'm so very sorry for your loss....and for Pedda's too. I would get her a friend--if you can't afford another sphynx, you can always rescue a hairy one from a shelter--there are always plenty of those. Take comfort in the fact that you didn't let him suffer and that he knew he was loved.

tessblack

Banned
So sorry to hear about Ren, man this place is keeping me in tears a lot this am. I know there is nothing I can say that will make it any better but he was loved and you did everything you could. Our thoughts are with you.

Marnasobsession

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
RIP REN. We are so sorry for your loss and keep you and Peda in our thoughts and prayers. Most of us have been in the same position and can only take comfort that we could put our babies needs before ours.

sphynxluvr

Lairian
O Marlene, I know how you must be feeling. I am so sorry. Ren, It's just the cutest name for a sphynx!!! (((HUGS))) May I ask how old was your Ren? Watching Pedda wonder around looking for her friend is heart wrenching, all you can do is give her time and lots of LOVE!!!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Little Ren had turned 7 just last Feb. Ren was short for Renaissance. And he had an oriental body with delicate boning which made him look small, so that turned into Little Ren.

Things are getting better here, I think. Last night I managed to sleep all night and didn't wake up crying. Pedda is still very clingy but seems to be calming down a bit, the yowling outbursts aren't constant at least. I know she misses him and I'm trying extra-hard to reassure her and love on her. So we're comforting each other as best we can. And things will get better someday - at least I keep telling myself that.

I'd like to thank everyone for your kind words. And for this forum, because looking at all the beautiful and funny pictures makes me smile even though I didn't think that was possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back