Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My little trash gremlin strikes again

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hey everyone, busy as usual, I’m actually working on a couple really big sphynx paintings at the moment, but I wanted to share a Frida story from this weekend. So I moved in with my lovely man this year and have been somewhat adopted by his whole family. It has been very nice, but because my partner, his sister and his dad are all very allergic to cats they have had almost no interaction with cats and this has lead to some... interesting situations.
Frida is a food monster. She will eat just about anything and can jump easily onto just about any surface. This may not surprise you fine people, but it has surprised the dog people. I have explained on several occasions that food must not be left on the counters or the table without some kind of cover, and they are getting better, but still slip up sometimes. On my birthday a couple weeks ago Frida ate half of the cream cheese frosting off the carrot Cake. (Time to re-frost and give those ones to the kids).

Yesterday was really a remarkable accomplishment for Frida. We had the whole family over for breakfast. 6 adults and 2 kids. We try to lock Frida in a bedroom when the food is cook and when we eat, but sometimes the kids (and their grandpa) forget and let her out. Well I don’t know when she got let out and I had cleaned up pretty well so I figured I wouldn’t worry.

Turns out that something had not been put away. A big bowl had been used to collect bacon grease from the ENTIRE pack of bacon that was fried for breakfast. She literally ate the whole bowl of grease.

Yes, you read that correctly. Frida ate an entire bowl of bacon grease.

She thew some of it up on the bedroom carpet. It still looked like bacon grease so there is no doubt that she ate it. She wasn’t hungry for dinner and hasn’t been hungry for breakfast so I guess she is full for the first time in her life (cause don’t you know I have never ever fed her, not even one time, and this morning didn’t count because...). I am going to try small meals this afternoon as I don’t want to shock her system. She is acting totally normal otherwise so I’m not too worried, but gosh Frida that is not healthy!

Here she is just enjoying a sunspot.
bb7348379d8b4f0ec2eeefb00d0318c4.jpg

Also the paintings I’ve been working on if anyone is interested. :)
2e9abfb8bcb9091974610f2c18d99242.jpg

17534055a1748ad547f5226558f40eba.jpg

Yoda mom

Staff member
Happy belated birthday L congrats on your move in
And thanks for sharing the journeys of Frida! Silly girl definitely keeps you on your toes!
Look at thst sweet innocent face ! Really Africa the whole bowl! Wow ,!

Absolutely amazing talent ! Thank you for sharing!

NinaGato

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Eeeww gross Frida. Not the bacon grease!
Hope she is feeling better.
Love the new paintings. I really like the tall format you are using.

Ps. Funny story my first Sphynx, Danser, was a food hog like Frida. The Christmas after I first got Danser I was making cookies and left the softened butter on the counter because the phone rang. Yes, it was so long ago that the phone was attached to the wall. Well, I came back into the kitchen and she was face down in the butter and half a stick was gone. She was a greasy mess and I had to go out and get more butter.

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Eeeww gross Frida. Not the bacon grease!
Hope she is feeling better.
Love the new paintings. I really like the tall format you are using.

Ps. Funny story my first Sphynx, Danser, was a food hog like Frida. The Christmas after I first got Danser I was making cookies and left the softened butter on the counter because the phone rang. Yes, it was so long ago that the phone was attached to the wall. Well, I came back into the kitchen and she was face down in the butter and half a stick was gone. She was a greasy mess and I had to go out and get more butter.

Oh gosh, Frida has also eaten more than a quarter pound of butter before, but the bacon grease was easily two cups. And she licked it clean! She is doing just fine. She had dinner as usual tonight. I think it was just really filling. Lol. She seemed so content today.

Thanks for the support on the paintings. They are as tall as the ceilings! about 8’ tall. We are going to hang one in the stairwell at our entrance I think. :)

Sheldon13

Staff member
Your story cracked me up! I can’t believe she actually fit that much volume in her tiny tummy. It’s no wonder she got sick!

The paintings are gorgeous ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Your story cracked me up! I can’t believe she actually fit that much volume in her tiny tummy. It’s no wonder she got sick!

The paintings are gorgeous ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you!

As for capacity of a sphynx belly, she was certainly very very very round when I found her!

Lol, and she is back to her regular shenanigans already.
b0211969b5511f4226bbd61b22547dd2.jpg

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Elfie has actually done this .. lets just say she had no problems passing anything for while after that :sick:
She's a big fan of the butter too, we keep that in the cat safe .. aka the microwave .. but sometimes the kids forget to put it back in there when they are done with it :rolleyes:

Silly Freda!!
Hope she's feeling a bit less full soon

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Elfie has actually done this .. lets just say she had no problems passing anything for while after that :sick:
She's a big fan of the butter too, we keep that in the cat safe .. aka the microwave .. but sometimes the kids forget to put it back in there when they are done with it :rolleyes:

Silly Freda!!
Hope she's feeling a bit less full soon

Lol, we have one of those butter dishes with a lid. Dainty lil Frida will climb into the garbage can, but she is above knocking the lid off the butter dish. My man is actually the one who is always leaving the butter dish open. He gets up earlier than me so I will sometimes come into the kitchen in the morning to a suspiciously clean butter dish laying on the counter. Let’s just say I don’t put as much in the dish at a time as I used to.

MelissaAlice

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have yet to find a dish that Elfie cant open; even the "tupperware" we use for lunch she is now skilled in opening.
I tell you that was a shocker the first time, no thumbs but still able to get the lid off .. who knew.

I've had to fish both my girls out of the trash can; I've taken to putting a full paint can on the lid so they cant pop it off!!!!

naomi

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I have yet to find a dish that Elfie cant open; even the "tupperware" we use for lunch she is now skilled in opening.
I tell you that was a shocker the first time, no thumbs but still able to get the lid off .. who knew.

I've had to fish both my girls out of the trash can; I've taken to putting a full paint can on the lid so they cant pop it off!!!!

Lol, good trick!
I was thinking of getting a new one that was more difficult to get the lid open. Frida is a bit lazy so she never pushes too hard.

As for kitty proof containers I found the glass lock n’ lock Costco containers to be the most cat proof. Frida might be lazy but the street wise feral cats I used to foster were not! Anything in plastic would be chewed through for sure.

Staceyxxx

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
:0 OMG this cracks me up, you have your hands full with this one and she has the face of an angel! Your art work is amazing, your very talented {= xx

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh Frida, Frida, Frida. That is absolutely hysterical. I can imagine she didn't want to eat for a while. You really have a lunatic even compared to other Sphynx! LOL

By the way, absolutely love your new artwork. I must come visit at some point so I can see all you've worked on. I will be in touch and private mail.

Hugs

Condo commando

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Well Frida I hope you know that bacon grease is not going to do anything for your profile lolol.

The 8 ft painting is going to look great on the stairs.

carakitty

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Oh naughty little Miss F! :D I haven't read the other replies but I hope she was able to settle back into her approved food routine with no further issues!

I really like the painting with the purple background. You did a great job with capturing the movement!

Back