Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Miracle

Mira-Mea

Lairian
WARNING the photos are when I first got Mira and I also put some photos of how she looks now!
Hello everyone this is my first time posting anything in here. I wanted to tell you about how I came across my Mira. See this all started about a year ago when my wife and I wanted a pet, but she is vary allergic to all the pet hair and dander. So picture the girl in the bubble, so I found someone in my local town who had two sphynx, and we went to her house and my wife played with them for a while. Than later that night she had no signs of allergies toward the cats. So I got this crazy idea to go find us a sphynx.

Little did I know they where so expensive and and NO ONE in Iowa had any for sale. So I did some digging and more digging and found a lady in Ceder Rapids, IA who had some for sale, and than she told me she had one fore a rescue. So I talked with my wife and she said to me lets go rescue her, little did I know what I was getting a Sphynx almost on its last life.

After driving 3 hours to get Mira, I waited in the drive way of this ladies house for another half hour and than she brought out Mira, wouldn't let me in the house to see any of her cats. But I had to pee so she let me in. When I entered the house it was clean but NO cats where to be seen, witch I thought was wired and when she handed me Mira she was in a blue baby blanket, and the breeder told me she was laying in her litter box.

Than I was about half way home and she called me and told me that she shouldn't have let Mira go out of her house like that, and she wanted me to turn back around and bring her back. I told her sorry but I'm almost home sorry.

Than when I unwrapped my Mira she was covered in her own poop and had sores on her back paws all the way to the muscle, and you could see her spine. She was in the worst shape I'v ever seen a cat in my live. So I cleaned her up and took her to the vet to see what he thought, I had no paper work on Mira and to vet told me that she hadn't been fix yet, and she was 7 pounds under weight. I started to cry because I couldn't believe someone would let there animals live like this.

DSCN0050.jpgDSCN0051.JPGDSCN0053.jpg

DSCN0057.JPGDSCN0058.JPGDSCN0080.jpg

So I got her home and called the lady form where I got her from and asked her why Mira was like this and she just started rolling out lies left in right to me. So I just told the lady, Mira is in a better home now, and now she is about 2 years old now and weighs 10 pounds and she is the love of my life next to my wife. so those who want to see the pictures of when I frist got Mira please feel free to emial me and I would love to share them with whom ever, I enjoy telling my store and saving cats in need of rescue.

Here is how she looks Now!
32559_552285121104_207304552_32414251_2286110_n.jpgDSCN0115.JPGDSCN0174.jpg
DSCN0204.JPGDSCN0205.JPGDSCN0208.JPG

Gizzymom

Banned
OMG... your story just broke my heart... And Mira is beautiful! You have helped her grow and thrive into a lovely "naked" lady! LOL

Just curious... did you ever call anyone on this lady? I hope so cuz she sounds like a nut case and should NEVER be allowed to own any animals!

You said you would email photos of her when you got her... there were worse ones than what you posted??? That poor little girl..
I'm sure she thanks you every day for saving her.

Wish I knew of a rescue in need... will keep an eye out. You are in Iowa? How far are you willing to travel for a rescue?

By the way, Welcome to the Sphynx Lair... :ThumbsUp:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to sphynxlair! Your story is a heartbreaker. Very lucky that Mira found you and your wife she sure seems like a happy healthy sphynx now!

susi794

Staff member
Bless you for giving this sweet baby a chance at life. Thanks so much for posting this--I needed something to feel happy about today....I am positive that Mira loves you more than anything on Earth!

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the site.
I am glad you saved her from that bad person.
It makes me sick people treat cats so bad like that.

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome and thank you for saving Mira!!!! I hope you reported that lady to animal services so none of the other cats have to suffer like that.

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That poor poor Mira. You've worked a miracle on her. She's gorgeous and we can tell that she loves her daddy very much.

tessblack

Banned
I just don't understand how any one can do that to an animal. Glad you kept driving and did not go back. She looks great now. Welcome to the Lair and so nice that you saved that poor baby.

ktate88

Banned
Wow, what a story. It hurts my heart to hear how people can mistreat and neglect animals. You did a wonderful thing by helping Mira and giving her such a great home. Love her action shots! :)

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
wow, you're right.. what a miracle! a big congrats on your first naked baby.... it wont be your last lol!
It's sad to see people claim to be such nice pet lovers/rescues and treat animals in such a sick way! Mira is BLESSED to have you, as i know you feel the same way about her!
I couldn't imagine a sphynx being 7lbs UNDER weight, good lord! she had to have only been 3lbs! yikes!
Seems like Mira is where she needs to be. She's finally home! and she is a beautiful little girl!!
Welcome to the site!!!
and FYI- we ALWAYS LOVE pictures!!!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Thank you for sharing your story with us. You did a wonderful thing by adopting that poor skinny girl and nursing her back to health. Mira looks great now, thanks to you and your wife!

I hope that karma will catch up with that the lady who had Mira before...no one should treat an animal that badly.

gizmo6370

Banned
Wow...poor girl...i'm glad that you and your wife took Mira in...she looks very happy and healthy now...great job saving her :ThumbsUp::Smile:

Fester

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
She looks so happy and has the signature pot belly in the after photos -- It's almost unbelievable that she's the same cat as in the before!

I am so glad you made your way to sphynx lair, welcome!

IsisDot

Lairian
Oh my goodness! That poor baby! I had a similar experience with a breeder in Oklahoma City (I grew up there, but live in California). She would not let me see the other kittens in the litter or meet the parents of the baby I met. She sent me pictures of a completely different kitten after I went to visit her home and then denied it aggressively. I think maybe the kitten I met died. :-( I did some research of my own online and found that she had been selling kittens with feline herpes and ear mites, so i told her no thank you! She got all pissed off and defensive about it, so I called the veterinarian office she claimed to use. They didn't even know who she was! Unfortunately, there are some awful people out there who are only interested in money. I'm so glad you were able to heal your baby and give her a better life! To anyone who is looking to get a new baby, PLEASE do a ridiculous amount of research first! Also, now that the internet is so accessible and highly used, don't hesitate to report these people on as many websites as you can!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Wow!!! Its such a shame you found her in such bad shape but I'm so glad you did. Mira probably wouldn't be around today without you having found her. Goodjob on getting her healthy and giving her a loving home.
I do hope you reported that lady to someplace.

Back