Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Mothers Day treat!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ever since the thread discussing food options, I have been trying to find "chicken soup" and have had no luck, the best I have come up with is Whiskas purrfectly with chicken,:Surprise: and have been a bit upset that I couldn't feed my cats better.

Today my husband had a class in a town about an hour away and he ran across a specialty pet store. He stopped in and brought home a huge bag of cat food samples, including:

Chicken Soup for Cats!
Cod liver oil for pets and informational brochure
ziwipeak real meat diet (this stuff looks like beef jerky!)
solid gold, Indigo Moon
Great Life Chicken
Artemis kitten formula
Innova Kitten
Core Wellness Fish and Fowl Recipie
and even a chicken soup for dogs sample (my dogs eat TOTW and we are not changing them, but it was a nice treat!)

The ingrediant lists on these foods are amazing! and he said they were very affordable, and we can make a trip there every other week and get the food I decide I like! :Laugh:

What a great gift pack for me! He is pretty cool sometimes!:Cool:

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh Susi, he is unique in his family, the black sheep, the rest of em are ummmm, well, there are no nice words for it.

Wanna like him better? We are debating him flying to get Gummi Bare, or flying her here alone, if he goes he will have a overnight layover there and said no problem, he has slept in airports before and doesn't mind a bit! He said as much as the kitten means to me, I mean more to him.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Awwwww....he's a keeper for sure.
I've had him since he was 18, he is 38 now so I think he's here for good, lol

A loooooong time ago

img003-1.jpg

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Oh my goodness! it's more a testament to determination, we have had some rocky tumultous moments, in fact at one point we both married other people, and later found our way home to each other. Marriage is the hardest task I have ever undertaken!

susi794

Staff member
Oh my goodness! it's more a testament to determination, we have had some rocky tumultous moments, in fact at one point we both married other people, and later found our way home to each other. Marriage is the hardest task I have ever undertaken!

Anyone who has a great marriage should know this is soo sooo true. It is a lot of work to have a quality anything.. Bravo to the two of you for working that hard at it...and for reaping the benefits of your hard work.:Cool:

Treespirit

Lairian
Aww! That is so sweet! All of it. Bringing you home goodies for the "kids" and being willing to go to such lengths to bring a new baby sphynx to your family! You guys are great! And that photo is adorable by the way.

J

Jinxlover

Hay, just so you know she eats EVO.. now. I will send a little baggie with her but you might try to find a bag and change her over slowly or she will get the poos..I'm not sure if the have it down there where you live and I will warn you now it NOT CHEAP!! I pay $30.99 for a 7 lb bag..:Dizzy:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Hay, just so you know she eats EVO.. now. I will send a little baggie with her but you might try to find a bag and change her over slowly or she will get the poos..I'm not sure if the have it down there where you live and I will warn you now it NOT CHEAP!! I pay $30.99 for a 7 lb bag..:Dizzy:

Wow! I thought my $19.99 for 5 lbs was expensive! lol Guess not!

ckutkuhn7

Banned

susi794

Staff member
I can't find EVO around here, but I use Taste of the Wild --no grain, all life stages dry food. It's a good food, with 42% protein. My cats love it and I found a little store about 15 miles away that sells a big 15 lb. bag for $21.99!!!! I just about swooned, I was so happy. With 8 cats, feeding a good quality food is horribly expensive...so I was jumping for joy over this find. I buy two big bags at a time.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I can't find EVO around here, but I use Taste of the Wild --no grain, all life stages dry food. It's a good food, with 42% protein. My cats love it and I found a little store about 15 miles away that sells a big 15 lb. bag for $21.99!!!! I just about swooned, I was so happy. With 8 cats, feeding a good quality food is horribly expensive...so I was jumping for joy over this find. I buy two big bags at a time.
I can't find EVO either, but now I have lots of options! I like the wellness Core ingredients best, but maybe chicken soup or TOTW. I think they are all good and affordable!

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha, you got the 80's high hair and he's got the 80's mullet. I apologize in advance if you're offended.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Ha, you got the 80's high hair and he's got the 80's mullet. I apologize in advance if you're offended.
:BigSmile:Hey, it was the 80s, and we were :Cool:cool, lol. I would wear the big hair in a heartbeat if I could be that skinny again! Not so sure about the mullet tho:Hysterical:

I can't find EVO either, but now I have lots of options! I like the wellness Core ingredients best, but maybe chicken soup or TOTW. I think they are all good and affordable!

I tried Gable on Core and he kept vomiting. Once in hubby's shoe! :LOL: He didn't really seem to like it. I had a sample of Performatrin Ultra and he couldn't get enough of it! Loved it! But it had brown rice in it and only 33% protein.
I have him on the new Felidae grain free but I really liked the ingredients of Core better. This is 39% protein. I would like higher and I honestly think Gable is too thin.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I tried Gable on Core and he kept vomiting. Once in hubby's shoe! :LOL: He didn't really seem to like it. I had a sample of Performatrin Ultra and he couldn't get enough of it! Loved it! But it had brown rice in it and only 33% protein.
I have him on the new Felidae grain free but I really liked the ingredients of Core better. This is 39% protein. I would like higher and I honestly think Gable is too thin.
I guess just because WE like the ingrediants, doesn't mean they will, lol

Back