Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My new fishie friends

Sheldon13

Staff member
I just got two new friends :)

I named this first one Mercury on account of he looks like the metal and he’s a little crazy too. He’s a Platinum Dragon Betta. Notice how his eyes are colored over with the silver as well. I think he can’t see well because of it and that’s why he seems crazy.
7be699bf22784244c142281fa33f9c10.jpg
0d13c3df3cca4849f248ee136d0b77b1.jpg

My other little Betta guy is a Butterfly Rosetail. I decided to name him Cobalt. Also because of the metal and that it is a shade of blue. He is a real personality and likes to flirt with me.
52cfe15ff9180715ca18c8bce7e1abab.jpg
e5708cdd3efd6b7de8aa31eae62c5b1f.jpg

My boys!

I plan on getting 1 more but have not found him yet. I’ll know when I do...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I just got two new friends :)

I named this first one Mercury on account of he looks like the metal and he’s a little crazy too. He’s a Platinum Dragon Betta. Notice how his eyes are colored over with the silver as well. I think he can’t see well because of it and that’s why he seems crazy.
7be699bf22784244c142281fa33f9c10.jpg
0d13c3df3cca4849f248ee136d0b77b1.jpg

My other little Betta guy is a Butterfly Rosetail. I decided to name him Cobalt. Also because of the metal and that it is a shade of blue. He is a real personality and likes to flirt with me.
52cfe15ff9180715ca18c8bce7e1abab.jpg
e5708cdd3efd6b7de8aa31eae62c5b1f.jpg

My boys!

I plan on getting 1 more but have not found him yet. I’ll know when I do...

Hiya !
Oh I do love your fishes they are really nice I love the colours and the look of them so cute

Your poor ickle fishie who can’t see can you not register him as being partially Blind ? He could have one of them white sticks help him get around ... no it’s only a thought !
Your flirty fishie is very pretty I’d also show off if I had a tail like that !!
Now your nakid baby doesn’t think this is like meals on wheels or food on tap ?
Joking aside I do like them and I love the colours and shape
Xxx❤️❤️❤️Xxx
They do say that watching tropical fish is very relaxing and helps you to relax xx
Think I’d have go sea world me to destress ah hav

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Sheldon13 wow! Gorgeous! Those are the fancy Betta for sure!
I have 3 I bought for the kitties to watch ..separate tanks of course ..
They are like little dogs! They beg amd swim fast to the top when I walk by .

They love watching the sphynx tails switch ...
Betta s are cool !
Love their names ! Mine love new life spectrum pellets

Anita Eccleston

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
@Sheldon13 wow! Gorgeous! Those are the fancy Betta for sure!
I have 3 I bought for the kitties to watch ..separate tanks of course ..
They are like little dogs! They beg amd swim fast to the top when I walk by .

They love watching the sphynx tails switch ...
Betta s are cool !
Love their names ! Mine love new life spectrum pellets
I have never heard of these fish before do they really like beg for food ?
We have two I can’t spell it lol Axyotles
They are amazing . They need a bigger tank now you cannot put another fish in as they would eat them the aztecs thought they had magical powers cause if the lose a leg or tail it actually grows back so they ate them ah the live in dark caves they don’t see very well and like their water cold and they like it dark
Xxx❤️❤️❤️Xxx

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston ues they beg ... they swish and twirl begging lol

Omg you have axol’s:) they are amazing . I think Monica has them too

What color are yours ? Hope you can share pics!
My local pet store carries them and I always admire ...they look like they are smiling !

@Sheldon13 your Betta are really gorgrgeous!
What does Ellie think of them ? My Batman sits on the tank lid!

Sheldon13

Staff member
@Anita Eccleston they definitely learn to beg pretty quickly. They really like to interact with your face if you get to their level. Pretty smart for a fish, actually.

@Yoda mom I feed Omega One to them and they love it. I actually bought it because it was the most expensive and best quality the pet store had.

Ellie has not interacted with them because they are on top of my dresser. Hmmm....mayhap I should put them on the bottom shelf of my bookcase?

alandsim

Lairian
Your new family members are beautiful! I really want to get a betta!

My family had the same "colony" of African cichlids ever since I was a kid. They just kept having new generations of babies (which is kind of gross but we did add new cichlids occasionally to try to avoid TOO much inbreeding) and they would beat up and kill any other species of fish you tried to put in there except a plecko. My parents just got rid of their huge aquarium (fish went with it to a good home) and I'm kind of sad I couldn't keep them in the family. SO was sensible and pointed out that that would be a lot to handle for our first fish in the household.

A nice betta that I could spoil would probably be a good starting point and I would love to try my hand at maintaining living plants in its aquarium. I also hope to someday get a hermit crab.

Sometimes I feel like my whole life is plotting until I can convince SO to get our next pet! :0

Head smooches to your bettas :ROFLMAO:

Sheldon13

Staff member
A nice betta that I could spoil would probably be a good starting point and I would love to try my hand at maintaining living plants in its aquarium.

Really, I don’t understand why anyone would want fake plants. Real plants eat up all the nitrates produced by the biological filtration of the fish’s waste. This results in less frequent water changes, which equals less maintenance for YOU. You should go for it! I love bettas. So much personality.

alandsim

Lairian
Really, I don’t understand why anyone would want fake plants. Real plants eat up all the nitrates produced by the biological filtration of the fish’s waste. This results in less frequent water changes, which equals less maintenance for YOU. You should go for it! I love bettas. So much personality.

Well when I get one now I know I will be messaging YOU about how to keep the plants alive :p That's my only worry!

Cinderstar95

Lairian

I always had fake plants because my plekos would eat and destroy every real plant I put in there! I had two 55 gallons and a 35 gallon with a variety of tropical fish. The plekos ate through every real plant and also tried to eat the fake plants as well. They got really big at one point... I miss having fish! Its been a few years now.
This is my old girl stashie guarding my kissing gaurami tank

Attachments

• IMG_3293.JPG
    IMG_3293.JPG
    184.5 KB · Views: 24

MaddieP

Lairian
So pretty! I also have a Platinum Dragon Betta. His name is Kingsley, he lives in the 20 gallon long tank in the second picture now.

Attachments

• 1126181340c.jpg
    1126181340c.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 21
  • 0308192111.jpg
    0308192111.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 16

Sheldon13

Staff member
So fun to meet other fish people you didn’t even know were fish people! I think Sphynx people have such a live for animals that it’s not surprising when they have more than one type of creature in the home.

Cinderstar95

Lairian
So fun to meet other fish people you didn’t even know were fish people! I think Sphynx people have such a live for animals that it’s not surprising when they have more than one type of creature in the home.

I agree! Fish are great and I didn't realize so many others thought so also. I miss having them around. I had a betta for a while, Vincent was his name. He kept me company at school until I moved out of a very toxic roommate situation and got my kitties. He lived for a few years. Was quite bummed when I lost him. but they are super expressive for those who know how to watch them. I used to have angel fish who would get really big and interactive. That and some platys that kept breeding and kept my tank populated.

Bailey21

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I used to have a 37 gallon with tropical fish at my moms. I've been trying to convince Ryan to let me buy the $1000 150 gallon setup at my local store. I loved and miss having fishies! And I'm sure my trio would love having fishies to watch when we're at work. Your new fishies are stunning.

Back