Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My new foster and her children!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My friend who does wildlife rehab asked me to help with this sweet girl! She had been hit by a car and has done lots of healing already but has a little more to go before she can be released. so now she is enjoying days in my bathtub, lol, and nights in a dirt tub, with a few hours of outdoor sun as well. I call her Mama Turtle:Laugh: See why below!

058-1.jpg

Yesterday Mama started laying her eggs, she had been holding them for awhile,she is still not quite comfortable doing it, as she is laying one or two a day instead of in an entire clutch as she should. So since it really seems to be so important to her we didn't have the heart to discard them. They may not hatch, as neither of us has much turtle egg hatching experience, but we are giving it our best try for Mama. anyone with turtle advice is welcome!!
059-2.jpg

ElGatoLoco

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor turtle. They are so innocent. Hmmm, I bet a turtle would make a great friend to Buttersquirts. So far we are getting a African Grey Parrot, a turtle, and a girlfriend sphynx for Butternuts. I wish.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Poor turtle. They are so innocent. Hmmm, I bet a turtle would make a great friend to Buttersquirts. So far we are getting a African Grey Parrot, a turtle, and a girlfriend sphynx for Butternuts. I wish.

you also need a dog:Laugh:

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Another great rescue!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
We have a boy turtle and the neighbor has a girl. Sorry to say the eggs will not hatch and most likely she will try to eat them.
After the female lays eggs she needs the male to fertilize them if not there is nothing to hatch.
The neighbors turtle lays eggs all the time and we have tried to get our make to fertilize them but he never has and usually eats them after nothing happens for a few days.

Bella07

Banned
Well you seem to be quite the wildlife family! Always bringing new animals home. I've never dealt with Turtles before, so no advice. Just wishing the best to the mama turtle, and that she's not too sad when the eggs don't hatch. Have fun!

ckutkuhn7

Banned
aww Kudos to you for helping mama turtle. I've saved plenty from the roads but never one that hatched while in my possesion. Even tho her eggs wont hatch I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Another great rescue!:ThumbsUp::ThumbsUp:
We have a boy turtle and the neighbor has a girl. Sorry to say the eggs will not hatch and most likely she will try to eat them.
After the female lays eggs she needs the male to fertilize them if not there is nothing to hatch.
The neighbors turtle lays eggs all the time and we have tried to get our make to fertilize them but he never has and usually eats them after nothing happens for a few days.

Thanks, I know zip about turtles or their eggs, lol. I figured they were already fertilized since they just lay them in holes and leave em:Dizzy: the eggs are not with her though, we took em and put them in a box of their own. I figured we would have one or two turtle folks here!

My friend also has another turtle that some kid took a baseball bat to!!:Angry: She is in much worse shape than our Mama, but is healing.

ckutkuhn7

Banned
My friend also has another turtle that some kid took a baseball bat to!!:Angry: She is in much worse shape than our Mama, but is healing.

OMG!!! Sick lil kid!! I'd beat his @$$!!!! I just don't understand behavior like that. I'm an all around animal lover but prefer only kitties in my home,,but my kids love all animals too! They would never harm another living creature! They know better! Why aren't all kids taught this? I just don't get it!:Angry::Angry:

Back