Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Newest Love, Greg

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Hey guys!:) I'm not sure if this is where I'm supposed to give an update or not, (I'm still fairly new here) but I'd like to give an update. I adopted Greg, Tuesday 8/30/22 and I already love him. He came from a bad situation before me and his previous owners, so he is a bit timid. It's okay though, because we will continue to work towards that and we will get there. I can tell that he is genuinely a sweet baby, just needs lots of patience and love. Last night he allowed me to pet and rub him for awhile, and seemed to enjoy it a lot (lots of purring and he was also rubbing his head against my hand). I think he is settling in pretty well. He's such an adorable little munchkin and he will definitely be safe and loved here, and I can't wait til he realizes that. I will keep you guys updated. Picture of him in one of his safe spaces, in my bathroom.

Attachments

• IMG_20220831_203054223.jpg
    IMG_20220831_203054223.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 52

Natalie Murphy

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Hello Greg’s mom. Wow he really appears to be coming along. I am so happy he came to you. Soon you’ll have a shadow following you around. Congratulations on your new baby. I would start leaving some of my dirty, sweaty, smelly clothing right next to him on the floor So he can start associating the smell of his safe place with your smell. Your doing perfectly right by letting him adjust on his own. It must be so hard for you. As I am sure you just want to hold and hug him 24/7.
He is beautiful. How old is Greg? And thank you for the update

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Ohhhh I am so happy for you but even more happy for your baby. Welcome to your forever home little one. Congratulations…your life has officially changed forever. I look forward to seeing your baby live their best life.

Quitaboo222

Lairian
How sweet!! Congratulations to you both.
Thank you!
Hello Greg’s mom. Wow he really appears to be coming along. I am so happy he came to you. Soon you’ll have a shadow following you around. Congratulations on your new baby. I would start leaving some of my dirty, sweaty, smelly clothing right next to him on the floor So he can start associating the smell of his safe place with your smell. Your doing perfectly right by letting him adjust on his own. It must be so hard for you. As I am sure you just want to hold and hug him 24/7.
He is beautiful. How old is Greg? And thank you for the update
Hello to you!:) Also thank you and I am going to try that for sure, and appreciate the tip. He is 7 and yes, I just want to give him lots of loves and cuddles but taking it slow and giving him his space.

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Ohhhh I am so happy for you but even more happy for your baby. Welcome to your forever home little one. Congratulations…your life has officially changed forever. I look forward to seeing your baby live their best life.
Awe, thank you!:) I look forward to giving you guys many more updates.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Quitaboo222 , happy hugs n head smooches to you and adorable Greg. I am sooo happy hearts aligned. my heart melts reading he is rubbing on your hand. look forward to lots of pics and updates. a warm blanket from the dryer, sit on the bathroom floor for some bonding... he surely will thrive with all your love and care.

many years ago I adopted/rescued a bengal cat macie mae in the middle of the night. she hid under the bed for a month.. I sat on the floor just smiling at her, gently talking with her and blinking my eyes (calming for cats they say) I swear she would blink back. now she is always by myside and quite the talker. will be following closely for updates. Greg and his journey to your heart and home near an dear to me.

please please keep us updated on handsome Greg. {=

AlliHille

Lairian
I'm so glad you were able to take him in! I am sure he will come around in no time! I've been working a lot with his little female companion and I started seeing a lot of progress this weekend. She's started following me around the house and doing a little talking. Yesterday I couldn't find her in her normal spot and noticed a lump in our bed. I thought it was one of our other sphynx who like to snuggle under the sheets, but when I lifted the covers I found her! She had made herself a little cocoon. ❤️

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Oops, I had accidentally sent that last comment, before I was done typing. It was supposed to say:

Hey guys! I am definitely seeing progress with Greg. He is starting to come out of his shell slowly but surely. He loves to be loved on. I have held him in my lap, a few times already and I will keep you guys updated along our adventure, with pics and videos! Attached is a picture from earlier today.

Attachments

• IMG_20220906_203822570.jpg
    IMG_20220906_203822570.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 29

Catzzzmeow

Staff member
Ohhhhhh bless that baby. So happy you are seeing progress. He looks very content in that pic.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Quitaboo222 , oh my heart melts seeing you and baby Greg together on your lap up against your hand. absolutely precious. He struck gold in your heart and home. He knows you love him. He is thriving on the journey of your special bond together. so happy hearts aligned for you and Greg.

following closely, I look forward to more updates, pics and tales. hugs n head smooches.

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Here is another update for you guys, and some pictures of sweet Greg! Greg is still timid or easily frightened, which is of course expected, but once I start petting him he starts purring so loudly and rubbing against my hand. He is very calm while he's in my lap and getting his eye drops put in, and his eyes and face cleaned. No trouble at all. He was also pretty chill during his wash, yesterday. He absolutely loves having his belly rubbed and will turn over, and let me give him all of the rubs.☺️ We will get there.
IMG_20220908_202406168.jpg
@Yoda mom @AlliHille @Catzzzmeow

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Here is another update for you guys, and some pictures of sweet Greg! Greg is still timid or easily frightened, which is of course expected, but once I start petting him he starts purring so loudly and rubbing against my hand. He is very calm while he's in my lap and getting his eye drops put in, and his eyes and face cleaned. No trouble at all. He was also pretty chill during his wash, yesterday. He absolutely loves having his belly rubbed and will turn over, and let me give him all of the rubs.☺️ We will get there. View attachment 109285@Yoda mom @AlliHille @Catzzzmeow

Attachments

• IMG_20220908_202235017.jpg
    IMG_20220908_202235017.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220908_202203156.jpg
    IMG_20220908_202203156.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220908_202246887.jpg
    IMG_20220908_202246887.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 19

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Quitaboo222 , I want to come over and give you a big hug and adorable Greg a big head smooch! what a sweet gentle kind soul. I am so happy hearts aligned for you two. melt my heart with those photos... a special bond evolving day by day. you can see his love and trust . him turning on his belly for rubs is a huge sign of comfort trust.. you are definitely making progress.. following closely.. he is near and dear to me and how you two came to be.
big hugs n head smooches, so excited to see more updates.

Quitaboo222

Lairian
@Quitaboo222 , I want to come over and give you a big hug and adorable Greg a big head smooch! what a sweet gentle kind soul. I am so happy hearts aligned for you two. melt my heart with those photos... a special bond evolving day by day. you can see his love and trust . him turning on his belly for rubs is a huge sign of comfort trust.. you are definitely making progress.. following closely.. he is near and dear to me and how you two came to be.
big hugs n head smooches, so excited to see more updates.
Awe, thank you so very much and much love to you! He such a big blessing to me and already means so much to me. Love my little guy.<3

nudebea

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome, so happy to hear Greg has found his special person. You have officially embarked on a love affair,! these special cats seem to take hold of your heart and don't let go. Wishing you both good health and happy times xxx

Quitaboo222

Lairian
Welcome, so happy to hear Greg has found his special person. You have officially embarked on a love affair,! these special cats seem to take hold of your heart and don't let go. Wishing you both good health and happy times xxx
Thank you muches! I appreciate that.
IMG_20220909_143857156.jpg
IMG_20220909_144004566.jpg
IMG_20220909_143106374.jpg
IMG_20220909_142724097.jpg
IMG_20220908_202154412.jpg
He's definitely a sweetheart.

Attachments

• VID_20220909_142643750.mp4
    8 MB