Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My poor fella...

Brooke

Banned
So, last night Mr. Nelson was fine one minute and the next minute he was squinting his left eye and wouldn't open it. I pried it open and didn't see anything, his pupil was the same size as the other one and his eye wasn't bloodshot or visibly scratched (at least not to my untrained eye), so I decided to let him sleep on it and if it was still closed this morning, we'd go to the vet.

Well, it was a lot worse this morning. He's got conjunctivitis. I don't know what's causing it, but I'm guessing he has FHV, because I just ran out of Lysine last week and then all of a sudden his eye is infected...poor little guy is pouting and depressed and I've never seen him act like this before. He's really milking it!

I've got some antibiotic/steroid eye drops I have to give him every hour for the rest of tonight, and then 4 times a day for the next 6 days. The vet says his eye should be better by Wednesday. Fingers crossed, because he's got his HCM scan on Friday that I'm also trying not to freak out about...nervous mom alert!!

PitRottMommy

Banned
So, last night Mr. Nelson was fine one minute and the next minute he was squinting his left eye and wouldn't open it. I pried it open and didn't see anything, his pupil was the same size as the other one and his eye wasn't bloodshot or visibly scratched (at least not to my untrained eye), so I decided to let him sleep on it and if it was still closed this morning, we'd go to the vet.

Well, it was a lot worse this morning. He's got conjunctivitis. I don't know what's causing it, but I'm guessing he has FHV, because I just ran out of Lysine last week and then all of a sudden his eye is infected...poor little guy is pouting and depressed and I've never seen him act like this before. He's really milking it!

I've got some antibiotic/steroid eye drops I have to give him every hour for the rest of tonight, and then 4 times a day for the next 6 days. The vet says his eye should be better by Wednesday. Fingers crossed, because he's got his HCM scan on Friday that I'm also trying not to freak out about...nervous mom alert!!

This is what he gets for being mean to Walter! Maybe Walter is involved in this somehow...

CoolSphynx

Lairian
poor nelson!

get_well_soon_12.gif

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
hey Brooke! Sorry to hear about Nelson! Poor guy. I can't believe it came on so quickly. :Frown:
Hope he is feeling better.

Hope you're able to stay home or work remotely- waking up every hour is exhausting. :Dizzy:

Keep us posted.

Brooke

Banned
Thanks for the well wishes, everybody! I think all the positivity helped - this morning he started opening his eye halfway and acting a bit more like his normal self again! :ThumbsUp: I'm sure he'll be back to terrorizing Walter in no time...:Surprise:

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
That's good news! :ThumbsUp: Hope Nelson is on the up and up!

That's it- no more sphynx getting sick! :Angry:

Back