Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My poor Jack, rest in peace :(

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Hi All,

I know I haven't posted in a while, but I wanted to stop in to let you know that we lost Jack today. My heart is so broken. He went from healthy to gone in less than 2 hours. It was devistating. He had a blood clot in his heart, and a piece broke loose and lodged in his hind end causing him to lose use of his back legs. The vet said he was a ticking time bomb, and there was really nothing we would have been able to do. I was just glad we were here, and able to say goodbye, and get him to a vet right away to minimize his pain. It was terrible.

Everything happened so fast, I think I'm still in a state of shock. I am going to miss that boy something awful. It's hard to describe just how big of a role he played in our family.

Catzzzmeow

Administrator
Staff member
I am so sorry Jack got his wings today. Fly high sweet baby. Keep the best memories closest to your heart. You know we are here for you and understand how huge your loss is. Hugs are sent. Just remember he knew nothing but your love and what a wonderful blessing.

Yoda mom

Staff member
@Kate ((((((comforting hugs ))))to you and your family.
I am so very sorry to learn Jack got his angel wings .

my girl Yoda (also sudden loss from clot ) is waiting at the bridge for Jack where they can fly pain free and share stories of all the love they knew in this world.
Jack was surrounded by family who truly gave him the gift of dignity when he needed it most .
The ultimate act of unselfish love .

I know no words can ease such pain I wish a big hug would help in some small way -
Here for you

Jack touched hearts forever

"Replied the glorious cat
For I will whisper into their hearts
That I am always with them
I just am....forever and ever and ever. "
-from poem for cats

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Toa and Ross

Staff member
@Kate so very sorry to hear about the loss of Jack. Big hugs for you. Losing your sphynx is sad but having to lose Jack so all of the suddenn makes it really hard.
Glad you were there with him at the end. Remember that the last thing he felt was your love.

Xandria

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Oh my goodness. I am so very very sorry for your loss of Jack. My deepest condolences. I can't begin to imagine what you're going through. I know you will cherish all those wonderful memories. Hugs and more hugs

Kate

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Thank you everyone for your kinds words and support. It’s so hard to describe the void I feel, but I know you guys get it!
So far we’re doing ok ... but taking it a day at a time.

Hugs to all.

Zab

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
So sorry for your loss! It's always hard to loose these big, colorful souls. Tuck him away deep in your heart and be happy you got to know him even if the time was cut short. Know you're not alone. Hugs to you!

Lynn W

Gold Lairian
Notable Member
Kate, I'm so sorry for your sudden loss of your Jack. I'm heartbroken for you. You gave him so much love and a wonderful home. :cry:

Back