Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My poor little Nala and her legs

ranalashae

Banned
So my cat Nala has scab like marks on the backs of her legs. She didn't have it when I got her, and the only cause I can think of is from her sitting on hard things like my window and dressers. It started out just looking like some dry skin, and soon turned into little sores. I'm hoping her legs will get tougher and they will just heal on their own... has anyone else ever had a problem like this?

Oh, she also has quite a few blackheads on her tail, and a couple around her mouth. She gets a bath once a week. Any advice on getting rid of these little pesky things (besides popping them one by one, which I have done and she hates) would be awesome! Thanks : )

susi794

Staff member
Some people use stridex pads on the blackheads on the tail. We have another member in Florida who is having trouble with sores on her cat's legs as well--maybe she will post because we haven't had an update on her cat for awhile...and she might be able to give you some insight. N+My cats have never had anything like that, so I am zero help with this one.

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
A picture of the leg would be helpful. I do not think it could be from sitting on anything unless it is something she is allergic to. Or if it is a burn from sitting on something to hot?

As far as the black heads, pop away:Struggle:
No really I know some here have used clearasil pads and have said they have helped.

ranalashae

Banned
Here are a couple pictures of her leg, hopefully I attached them the right way. The one that is showing is the worst one. Doesn't look like she minded me getting some pictures of her. I think I even managed to get in a few blackheads! Haha

Attachments

• IMG_2317.jpg
    IMG_2317.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_2325.jpg
    IMG_2325.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 81

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Me too, sorry I'm not of more help. Maybe someone else will have further input. Have you had the vet take a peek at it? It could be something as simple as she is scuffing her heels when she jumps down from something.

ranalashae

Banned
That will be my next step if it continues to get worse. It kind of fluctuates, as soon as I think it looks better, the next day it looks worse again. I'm hoping she will just get calluses there soon if it's from sitting or rubbing on something hard.

klreese

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
I agree with them looking like carpet burn (ish)... i have a small kitty condo that my kitties are always jumping on and off... do you have something like that? maybe he slid on that a little?

Thanks for asking about the black heads. we have them too!! i never thought about using the wipes! my kittys get upset when i pop them too lol i'll often get a nip or smack from my black kitty lol

holly_savage

Banned
Hibou's got a little more hair on her legs than Nala, but those spots are often bald on her legs too...
is Nala feeling well otherwise?
Cause when Hibou was at her sickest those spots were worse. Don't know if there is any correlation, but between her red "knees" (I call them knees) and the redness and bumps on her ears, she was a bit of a mess...the ear thing had something to do with her running a temperature I was told by the vet.

ranalashae

Banned
I have a small kitty condo type thing, but it's not carpet. It's actually almost fur-like, so it is very soft! She is doing great besides those marks on her legs. She doesn't act like they bother her but I would assume they can't feel very good. Thanks for all the help!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I found this thread on a leg rash or leg soars http://www.sphynxlair.com/f33/leg-rash-992/ just do a search on black heads, we have a lot of threads on here about those. The search is at the top of the forum under the menu bar. You may find other leg rash or soars issues as well. Good luck! Please keep us posted!

Gadzukz

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
My crestie gets pimples and blackheads very badly. We use a human face scrub to wash her and the sphynx~ Noxzema antibacterial face wash, it has helped the blackheads tremendously. Also plain yogurt/sugar/honey scrub works for blackheads smells yummy and tastes good too if they lick it!

Back