Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My search is officially over

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
My search for the right cat that needed me and my home as much as Oogie needed a friend has officially ended. Meet my newest family members - yes, members :).

I got an email from someone right here in town! The former owner had seen a wanted ad I put up on Craigslist quite a while ago when I first officially started my search for another Sphynx. I had totally forgotten about it, but he was desperate for some help! He was going to take them to the local shelter if I couldn't take them, and he really wanted them to stay together, SO I told him to go ahead and bring them over, and now "Calipso" and "Halo" have joined my family. They're only just over a year old, so not much more then kittens. They're very scared and timid right now, but with love and patience I'm sure they'll warm up!!! They haven't been spayed yet, so I'll have to go take care of that, but he just gave me the cats, so I don't mind at all paying to get them spayed, shots updated, etc! Halo is the cuttest little girl, she has tufts of hair behind her ears, a fuzzier face, and a fuzzy tail. Calipso (Cali) is really bald like Oogie. I haven't decided if I'll keep their names or change them yet. I wasn't really planning on 3 cats, but when I met these 2, I couldn't seperate them or let one of them go to the shelter, so they're both here to stay! I'll try to post pictures a little later, both girls are blue and white like Oogie as well. Halo has a lot more white then Cali. Anyway, just wanted to introduce my new girls! And my wish to rescue a sphynx has been satisfied as well since I saved them from going to the shelter!

Brooke

Banned
My search for the right cat that needed me and my home as much as Oogie needed a friend has officially ended. Meet my newest family members - yes, members :).

I got an email from someone right here in town! The former owner had seen a wanted ad I put up on Craigslist quite a while ago when I first officially started my search for another Sphynx. I had totally forgotten about it, but he was desperate for some help! He was going to take them to the local shelter if I couldn't take them, and he really wanted them to stay together, SO I told him to go ahead and bring them over, and now "Calipso" and "Halo" have joined my family. They're only just over a year old, so not much more then kittens. They're very scared and timid right now, but with love and patience I'm sure they'll warm up!!! They haven't been spayed yet, so I'll have to go take care of that, but he just gave me the cats, so I don't mind at all paying to get them spayed, shots updated, etc! Halo is the cuttest little girl, she has tufts of hair behind her ears, a fuzzier face, and a fuzzy tail. Calipso (Cali) is really bald like Oogie. I haven't decided if I'll keep their names or change them yet. I wasn't really planning on 3 cats, but when I met these 2, I couldn't seperate them or let one of them go to the shelter, so they're both here to stay! I'll try to post pictures a little later, both girls are blue and white like Oogie as well. Halo has a lot more white then Cali. Anyway, just wanted to introduce my new girls! And my wish to rescue a sphynx has been satisfied as well since I saved them from going to the shelter!

OH WOW!!! That's so great!! Keep us posted on how they get along with Oogie. I'm sure they'll open up and make themselves at home really soon... I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see the pics.

(Okay, I will admit, I'm also jealous! I want some more sphynx kitties!!)

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'll admit I was surprised, I was also shocked at the number of Sphynx I was offered when I posted on the Sphynx rescue group! But most where with good breeders, and while I may have been tempted by a retired breeder, I feel much better about taking in these 2 girls who's future would have been very unsure if they hadn't joined my family!

sydkat7

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Wow, Luvmysphynx, I am so delighted to hear that you've found not just one but TWO new sphynx buddies for Oogie....and so quickly, too! Isn't funny how fate intervenes when our intentions are good? :BigSmile: I'm sure the new little kitties will soon get used to Oogie and the routine in your household, and will adjust in no time!

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
How wonderful Like I said when the other one fell through for you all things happen for A reason:ThumbsUp: Congrats to you and now your 3 babies, can't wait too hear all the stories and joy they will bring you!!!!

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Good job, I m glad to hear the good news, keep us posted on the new kittys and make sure we see lots of pictures!
enjoy the new family!!:Laugh:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm210/Ig_momma/My Sphynx/
Here's some pictures of my new girls :)

Yes, I truely believe this was ment to be! I could have given Scarlett a wonderful home, but these girls needed me more. When they guy came over with them, he stayed for quite a while - Really nice guy! I'm glad I was able to take these girls, and that he felt comfortable leaving them with me knowing they where in good hands!

kalliee129

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
I'm sooooo happy for you!!! I'm sure in no time they will be lest timid and be ruling the roost. I almost feel sorry for Oogie. I don't think he will ever be able to comprehend how much he is about to be ruled :LOL:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
ROFL. Your comment made me laugh so hard I almost peed my pants! Oogie may still be king of the castle, but we all know it's WOMEN that really rule the world LOL.

Admin, you have it backwards, I'm the lucky one here, I got 2 wonderful little girls that I know are going to bring a lot more joy and happiness in this house!

Moonstone

Lairian
Wow, what a nice story.
I'm very happy for you and them...they are so cute too, especially the girl with more white. I Love this kind of colour.

Congrats !
:ThumbsUp:

Luvmysphynx

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Wow, what a nice story.
I'm very happy for you and them...they are so cute too, especially the girl with more white. I Love this kind of colour.

Congrats !
:ThumbsUp:
Ya, that's Haley, isn't she a doll? She's got such an outgoing, loving personality - Exactly what made me fall in love with Sphynx to begin with! I feel like the luckiest Sphynx mom in the world with these two in addition to my wonderful Oog Monster!

Back