Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My search is over!

Adriana

Lairian
I finally found a sphynx! He is so sweet! I have pics to show everyone. He is a cutie! So sweet and full of wrinkles. LOL!

Adriana

Lairian
Well the original owner ws pregnant and she went into labor early. Really early and her baby is a preemie. Well long story short, her mom who s helping her at home while she goes back and forth to the hospital doesn't like cats and her hubby is still in South Carolina so she had to find her cats a home. She just did not have time time and or anyone to help her. She thought this was the best thing. He is about 5 and seems healthy. I will post a pic and maybe someone can tell me what you call his colors. I am not sure what you'd call his colors.

Adriana

Lairian
Do you guys think I should change his name of 5 years? Any suggestions? I am kinda new here. Just a week I think. And I am still figuring out the picture thingy. I put his picture on my avatar, but I think I had the other pics of my kids and boxer deleted. I am not very computer saavy. Sorry...

admin

Administrator
Staff member
I like Enzo, he is a good looking fella! he looks like an Enzo!:ThumbsUp:

Last edited by a moderator:

Brooke

Banned
Yep, he looks like a "black & white bi-color" (same as my Nelson!). The unofficial term for that pattern is tuxedo, just like the fuzzies! Did he come with any registration papers or medical history?

At 5 years old, especially if you don't have any family history on him, I would highly recommend scheduling your boy for an echocardiogram, to rule out HCM. (hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a common genetic heart disease found in our breed.) Between 3 and 5 years is the age when it most commonly appears in males, so detecting or ruling it out now will help ensure you have many more years with your new boy! You can search the term "HCM" on this forum and find lots of information.

Congrats again! He's very handsome!

Adriana

Lairian
Yes he does kinda look like an Enzo. He sure knows his name too. That's why I was hesitating on changing it. He poses for photos too. He behaves like he has been with me for ever. I will take him to the vet and check him for that, as well as everything else. Only thing that worries me is that he has never been around dogs especially great big ones and he hates Dewey! Poor Dewey has gotten scratched and our little pom had a gash on his tiny head and his ear is really scratched. I think we will be cutting his nails tonight. They are super long. He has already had a bath because he was a grease ball! Any suggestions on all this stuff?

havingalook

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Yes he does kinda look like an Enzo. He sure knows his name too. That's why I was hesitating on changing it.

I wouldn't personally change it, if he's had the same name for 5yrs.

But I bet you'll find that he will eventually answer to anything you call him. Mine come running when they here their nicknames and variations on their real names.

Congrats, he's a cutie.:ThumbsUp:

Mews2much

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats
He is a black and white bi-color.
My Cleo is black and white bi-color also.
I would have him scanned and would not change his name since he is 5 already.

heather

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congrats! Enzo is cute! I would keep his name also.

Sorry to hear he's not getting along with the dogs. I'm sure others on here will have good suggestions. The only one I can think of is make sure he has a place in the house to get away from them. A room that is his to relax away from them if he wants to be. You could put a baby gate in the door that he can either fit under or jump over. Clipping his nails will help! Also some members file them a bit to take the sharp edges down.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
He may or may not get along with your dog. I have had my Sphynx since they were kittens and they still do not like the dogs, and yes they will get scratched but the dog will learn his or her boundaries.:Dizzy:

Mug-ys mumma

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Congratulations! he's a lovely looking boy and Enzo is a fab name!!. I agree with Admin, it's a shame if they never get along but your dogs will learn to avoid coming within range of the pointys!

X

ilovemysphynx

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats on Enzo!
The dog thing seems to be A never ending battle. We have 2 boxers and the puppy is getting scratched all the time but I think it is because she thinks she is part cat and will bat at the cats with her paw just like the cats do to her. I think Athena is just protecting her babies that is why she is so harsh on Delilah. Sidney our older dog is not super active anymore so they leave her alone for the most part.
We have 2 gates up so the cats can jump over to get away from the dogs. It helps A bit , but the cats enjoy sitting on the other side kind of saying haha you can't get me:Surprise:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Congrats on Enzo!
The dog thing seems to be A never ending battle. We have 2 boxers and the puppy is getting scratched all the time but I think it is because she thinks she is part cat and will bat at the cats with her paw just like the cats do to her. I think Athena is just protecting her babies that is why she is so harsh on Delilah. Sidney our older dog is not super active anymore so they leave her alone for the most part.
We have 2 gates up so the cats can jump over to get away from the dogs. It helps A bit , but the cats enjoy sitting on the other side kind of saying haha you can't get me:Surprise:

:LOL: Cats and dogs are so cute when they tease each other!!:LOL:

gizmo6370

Banned
Congrats on Enzo....he's very handsome :Smile:
Maybe he would learn to love the dogs....if i have a litter of kittens they are in the beginning always affraid of him....but in the end...they end up like this.....

Attachments

• Xantos & Eros Week 11 - 1.JPG
    Xantos & Eros Week 11 - 1.JPG
    66.2 KB · Views: 15
Back