Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Shiva is a Shoplifter

kaoticharmony

Banned
It all started at Toys-R-Us. It was his first time and he loved it...lots of things to see...then he saw it...As we went through the gift wrap section this naked arm shot out of the kiddy seat and did something??? He had this big green bow. There was no doubt it was his! We finished shopping and went to the check out. The cashier said he couldn't have it because it didn't have a tag...he ate the tag.... we said we'd get another... He totally refused to let us buy it... I wasn't taking it from Shiva . He was sitting there holding it with both hands against his chest Finally I looked at the guy and said...fine...you take it from him. Shiva had a death grip on it... He decided to let him have it for 45 cents.

Shiva shopped with us alot and always "picked out" things. He was never selfish about it either. He found toys he knew the other cats would like... he liked feathers.
He loved the bird section at PetSmart. His favorite bird has alwats been Finches. (Maybe I'll get him one when he's well)..

We never thought much about Shiva's quick paw... the scene is years later. His other human Mom died of breast cancer. We have moved from California to Washington state and are in the local pet store for the firs time.

I had promissed him a present. He picked this PVC Cat Bed. My brotherhad dropped me off . He was taking dad home and coming back for me. He took forever. They didn't have shopping carts so they loaned me this little wheelbarrel. SHiva thought it was real cool.

I was looking at everything for the 10th time...still no brother. Shiva was having a good time...no Finches though...only baby chicks. So we looked at fish. He likes to touch the plastic plants.

I remember at one point some lady talking to him about a fur mouse...I never saw any fur mice, but I didn't think about it. At last Charles is here... The store was to a point where they were really watching me. I really hate that, but understand.

So I go up and pay for Shiva's bed and my stuff. The lady had been real nice until I picked him up ... There were at least 6 cat toys under his butt including a huge mouse.
I said the cat did it and I really don't think she believed me... She looked at me..."yeah the cat picked up toys and hid them in your cart." I added , 'Under his butt'." She was about to call the manager when the paw shot out and grabbed the mouse off the counter. Her face was great! I apologized ...she mentioned she had been watching me because I was here so long...."but I didn't watch the cat".
So now Shiva get's strip searhed when he goes there.
I finally bought him a stroller. There were instructions on how to get him used to it. Just leave it open and encourage him with treats. LOLLOLOLOLOL He leap it and I had to remove him from it at bedtime and hide the thing! Shiva LOVES the stroller and it's "Paw Proof". I don't think Walmart would understand...lol...
Oh and for the record the strollers are awesome. SInce he's a diabetic I used to take him with me on holidays to see my family. That way I didn't have to rush home. He was such a good boy. I opened his stroller up and he stayed in it. My parents have pets and I wasn't sure how they would feel about Shiva, but they hardly noticed him.

One improvement they could make on them are air filled tires. It would make them less bumpy. I'm thinking about switching out the wheels.

Well next time I'll tell you about Shiva's adventures with his favorite wrestler and how he became the official masscott of a dog site... There's also his movie part... Yep Shiva is in a B Movie! He plays a fake sacrifice. In the movie it was fake... He is a great actor...Did it on one take! He has 2 scenes... the first he fakes his death, the second he is hiding with his human. Then he went home and slept for 2 days!

kaoticharmony

Banned
We took Shiva out alot. Our original thought was our other cats... everytime they went out the went to the vet. it wasn't a good experience. So we took Shiva to the vet every few days to play. He loved the vet and was never scared. When we took him shopping he always had a leash, but he never tried to run. He sat in the kids part of the cart on his bankie so his butt didn't get cold. He talked to everyone...even befriended the PetSmart dog who was a HUGE animal.

Venus loves Walmart. The first time I took her in thet gave her a piece of a polar fleece... She says they rule...

Thank you and I'm glad you like Shiva's story. He's quite a cat

abbyknitter

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
The first time I took Abby to petsmart was to buy her her stroller. But there was to much noise and she gotg really scared.
LOL I haven't taken baby to walmart yet, she has been to the craft store, the hardware store, and the pet store. (= i will have to try walmart when it warms up.:ThumbsUp:

kaoticharmony

Banned
Does he still take stuff... not since he's been sick.. Kuma takes stuff too... but not for the same reason. She likes to mess with you.
Shiva is quite a charactor. I really don't think he knows he's a cat...well he's not a cat he's a sphynx (there is a difference).
I'm glad you are enjoying his stories. I have an outdated catsite... Shiva was my court jester.

Gizzymom

Banned
I so loved your story! Shiva sounds like a very good boy. I will have to try the cart for Niles next time we are in PetSmart. He doesn't like being held the whole time and wont walk on a leash very well.

Next option is a stroller :)

Warning, Kat!!! The first time I took Gizzy to Petsmart and put him in the baby seat of the cart, I turned to get something off the shelf and he jumped the opposite way onto the top shelf in the aisle. Before I could get him down, he managed to knock a bunch of crap off the shelf onto the floor causing a big ruckus!! Talk about embarrassing!!

From then on, I hook his leash onto to the cart - you may want to consider this!:LOL:

ckutkuhn7

Banned
Great story!! lol I can just picture it now. Snuffie always slumps down into the stroller and looks out the little peep holes, SoBe is still fearless and will jump and swat at anything! Last time I took her a doggy was standing by her,,,she saw his tail wagging and smacked it. lol Scared the crap out of that dog since he didn't know she was there. They sniffed each other and all was well. lol Too funny!

ktate88

Banned
Warning, Kat!!! The first time I took Gizzy to Petsmart and put him in the baby seat of the cart, I turned to get something off the shelf and he jumped the opposite way onto the top shelf in the aisle. Before I could get him down, he managed to knock a bunch of crap off the shelf onto the floor causing a big ruckus!! Talk about embarrassing!!

From then on, I hook his leash onto to the cart - you may want to consider this!:LOL:

I was planning on taking Niles to PetSmart tonight. Found his harness, "winter coat" but no leash. Instead he went on errands with me and talked the whole time. Maybe he was saying "I want to go to PetSmart but Aunt Jody told Mom not to take me without a leash!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He is sitting on the bed glaring at me

Gizzymom

Banned
I was planning on taking Niles to PetSmart tonight. Found his harness, "winter coat" but no leash. Instead he went on errands with me and talked the whole time. Maybe he was saying "I want to go to PetSmart but Aunt Jody told Mom not to take me without a leash!" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

He is sitting on the bed glaring at me

Niles... Auntie Jody was NOT the one who lost your leash!! I would have brought you to Petsmart and bought you a new leash!! Don't let your mommy turn you against me... don't you listen to that rubbish!! Auntie Jody loves you....

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

ktate88

Banned
Niles... Auntie Jody was NOT the one who lost your leash!! I would have brought you to Petsmart and bought you a new leash!! Don't let your mommy turn you against me... don't you listen to that rubbish!! Auntie Jody loves you....

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

(Shhh, I'm just telling him that so I get sleep tonight :Woo::Woo: )

If I can't find it tonight, we will go tomorrow and buy a new one. I mean, he needs more than one anyway to match his different outfits...right?? :Wink::Laugh:

He sends purrs :Kiss:

kaoticharmony

Banned
Always have a leash.

Shiva is always good (aside from his quick paw) when he's out. I have never had to use the leash to restrain him, but I know it's there if I need it.

The one time he got freaked out was at a fair. He loves lights so we took him to watch the rides. He was doing great until this one let out this huge hydrolic hiss. All Shiva knew was that it was huge and it hissed at him.
He usually runs to me when he's scared and that's what he did... in fact he kinda disappeared in my jacket.... it took about 15 minutes to get him out of my armpit.

Most have been quite a site!

Back