Welcome to Sphynxlair! Connect with Sphynx owners & enthusiasts around the world!

My Sphynx Cat Tail =]

ladysunlips

Lairian
My mother and I have been trying to adopt two sphynx cats. We are not rich so we're hoping to find someone generous this Christmas. We've had a horrible past 6 months and are hoping that God will shine a little light on us =]:BigSmile:

Gullivers Keeper

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Good luck in your search!!! and think about pet insurance too, we didn't get it and our Gulliver has HCM and we've come close to spending on vet bills what we paid for him, and he will be only 2 in May... And our stinky Sir Francis Bacon had worms and giardia and stomach problems because of that and we've spent about 300$ on that already too...

Again good luck in your kitty search and if you have any questions there are so many knowledgeable loving people here that will help you through anything :ThumbsUp:

ypvsypvs

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome and good luck in your search.

Just remember to make sure you can take care of the cats once you get them. Sometimes money is a problem in life, most people go through such times so I understand very well your situation. Been there myself at times.

With a sphynx or any cat the price to buy them is just a one time thing. You will need a buffert to take care of them if things go bad as well. I don't know about your insurances over there, looked into it a bit but it was very different from company to company as far as I could find. Here pet insurance are quite cheap and very good to have, in fact you can not buy a pure bred cat here without an insurance. No breeder would sell then. All contracts demand you keep the pet insured.

If you are low on funds I would highly recommend an insurance if you find a good one. If something happens and you can't pay for the vet it is a very tragic situation for you and even worse for the cat otherwise. I'd go as far as saying that it is a basic responsibility to make sure that a pet can get help if it needs it. Insurances might not be needed but it's a high stakes gamble not to have one if money is a bit of a problem.

I'm sure you will find your future nakeds soon if you keep on looking.
Once you do you will never look back, they are a very addictive drug these sphynxes.
:Laugh:

sphynxie

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Good luck on your search- maybe a Christmas miracle is in order:BigSmile:

NightSpidy

Senior Lairian
Senior Lairian
Welcome and good luck in your search. :ThumbsUp: I have to say though, if you cannot afford to buy a sphynx perhaps you should wait until you can. I am in no way trying to be cruel or judgemental, I say this as it is not cheap to own a cat, let alone two cats. Upkeep and vet costs can be quite high. My kitten, Rupert, had diarrhea (which seems to be common with sphynx's) and I paid $400 to get a diagnosis - that was with one vet visit. My female I just purchased cost me $380 for her spay, microchip, pre-surgery bloodwork, eye stain and antibiotics for a mild eye infection she developed likely in transit to us. My other pet, a mixed breed little dog, cost us $7000, yes thousand, to have a liver shunt corrected this spring. Through all my years of owning animals of all sorts, the "cheapest" thing about them, is buying them. You should also strongly consider vet insurance, I feel this is a must for all pet owners. I use "Trupanion", they are very affordable.

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ladysunlips and welcome to Sphynxlair! Good luck in your search!

marlene

V.I.P Lairian
V.I.P Lairian
Welcome to the lair and good luck with the search.